Colin Kaepernick & NFL Reach Settlement

Vic Mackey

The settlement is confidential but some reports are saying Kaepernick is getting $60-80 million. Then another report says $20mill. So who knows.

"In a stunning decision, quarterback Colin Kaepernick and safety Eric Reid have reached a financial settlement with the NFL in their joint collusion complaint against the league and will take no further action in the case. While sources declined to offer specifics for the decision, Yahoo Sports was told on prior occasions that Kaepernick and Reid would only settle the complaint if a lucrative financial agreement was reached between the players and the NFL.

The league and Kaepernick’s attorneys released a statement Friday saying the matter had been resolved confidentially. As part of that confidentiality, it is believed both sides signed a non-disclosure agreement agreeing not to speak publicly about details of the case or settlement.

“For the past several months, counsel for Mr. Kaepernick and Mr. Reid have engaged in an ongoing dialogue with representatives of the NFL,” the statement said. “As a result of those discussions, the parties have decided to resolve the pending grievances. The resolution of this matter is subject to a confidentiality agreement so there will be no further comment by any party.”

The agreement comes on the doorstep of the final hearing in the Kaepernick case, which was set to take place before arbitrator Stephen Burbank this month. Kaepernick had alleged the league conspired to keep him out after he began kneeling during the national anthem in 2016. Multiple NFL players adopted Kaepernick’s protest in 2017, hoping to draw attention to social justice and racial inequality issues. The actions sparked a political firestorm from President Donald Trump and the furor became such a central issue for the league for nearly one year that it instituted a rule that banned protests during the national anthem. That rule has since been shelved by the NFL and now appears to be dead, for all intents and purposes.

The NFLPA also released a statement Friday, supporting the settlement between the league and players.

“Today, we were informed by the NFL of the settlement of the Colin Kaepernick and Eric Reid collusion cases,” the NFLPA said. “We are not privy to the details of the settlement, but support the decision by the players and their counsel. We continuously supported Colin and Eric from the start of their protests, participated with their lawyers throughout their legal proceedings and were prepared to participate in the upcoming trial in pursuit of both truth and justice for what we believe the NFL and its clubs did to them. We are glad that Eric has earned a job and a new contract [from the Carolina Panthers], and we continue to hope that Colin gets his opportunity as well.”

https://sports.yahoo.com/sources-colin-kaepernick-withdraws-collusion-case-nfl-190149703.html

Edited by Vic Mackey

2 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

He used the ongoing issues at hand to land a nice payday once his game was figured out and he wasn't talented enough to adjust. He got one from the NFL and one from Nike (who is one of their biggest sponsors). It was always about the money. But people actually thought he cared about the issues lmao. Dude was seeking attention and then money.

I'm sure the NFL was sick of his shit and just wanted to pay him to make him go away. This is chump change for them and worth it to dissolve the story. Win win for them. They come out looking good by paying him and he goes away. He never wanted to play. No intention. Just wanted to create a media circus and so many fell for it.

I mean this was more than any contract any team would give him.

How exactly was he seeking attention when he was sitting out the National Anthem for weeks before anyone even knew about it?

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

How exactly was he seeking attention when he was sitting out the National Anthem for weeks before anyone even knew about it?

Because he knew it would soon get the attention? As you said, it was only a matter of weeks before the cameras found him. It was calculated. He was waiting for the cameras to find him. Nothing more than Tebow kneeling to pray in front of everyone.

You think this was all genuine? I am not buying it.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

2 minutes ago, Mileslong said:

What was this millionaire protesting, please enlighten us

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000691077/article/colin-kaepernick-explains-why-he-sat-during-national-anthem

"To me, this is bigger than football and it would be selfish on my part to look the other way. There are bodies in the street and people getting paid leave and getting away with murder."

This was before the "disrespecting veterans" spin that people put on it.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Because he knew it would soon get the attention? As you said, it was only a matter of weeks before the cameras found him. It was calculated. He was waiting for the cameras to find him. Nothing more than Tebow kneeling to pray in front of everyone.

He wasnt kneeling at first. He was sitting on the bench behind everyone, totally out of sight of the TV audience. I guess in our cynical society nobody believes anyone does anything for genuine reasons. Never mind that he's given millions away to charities working to accomplish his stated goals. It was all a Machiavellian ploy to get paid some 3 or 4 years down the line.  

Edited by Catdaddyhorn
  • Like 6

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000691077/article/colin-kaepernick-explains-why-he-sat-during-national-anthem
"To me, this is bigger than football and it would be selfish on my part to look the other way. There are bodies in the street and people getting paid leave and getting away with murder."
This was before the "disrespecting veterans" spin that people put on it.  

“I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black people and people of color,”

That tells me he thinks this is a shitty country even today. I wonder how many millions he has to make before he doesn’t feel oppressed.
  • Like 3
  • Fuck You 1

It wasn't his fault the camera's wanted to show him and the idiots lined up burning his jersey and boycotting Nike bs.
  • Like 1

He wasnt kneeling at first. He was sitting on the bench behind everyone, totally out of sight of the TV audience. I guess in our cynical society nobody believes anyone does anything for genuine reasons. Never mind that he's given millions away to charities working to accomplish his stated goals. It was all a Machiavellian ploy to get paid some 3 or 4 years down the line.  

It wouldn’t be much of a protest if he didn’t want to be seen; give me a break. This guy is an attention whore of the highest order and was just pissed he couldn’t get a starting gig somewhere. This was well orchestrated and I’m sure he is laughing about it all the way to the bank
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, Fico said:

Lol some of y’all are so fucking clueless.

You know who started this? Nate Boyer. Yes, that Nate Boyer. Anyone with their faux outrage needs to tell an army green beret why Americans shouldn’t be able to protest injustice.

The athletes have a stage and they most definitely made the country discuss an issue more than it would have if they did not do what they did.

/End Rant.

Beat me to it. Colin started this by just flat out sitting down and it was Boyer's idea and recommendation to him to shift it to kneeling.

• Like 6

You know who started this? Nate Boyer. Yes, that Nate Boyer. Anyone with their faux outrage needs to tell an army green beret why Americans shouldn’t be able to protest injustice.

The athletes have a stage and they most definitely made the country discuss an issue more so than it would have if they did not do what they did.

/End Rant.

Yes his protests have brought about so much change, whatever exactly that is. He got what he wanted, cash
  • Like 2
  • Fuck You 2

The athletes have a stage and they most definitely made the country discuss an issue more so than it would have if they did not do what they did.

/End Rant.

No it wasn't genuine and he wanted money. Everyone knows that
  • Like 2

Sure they do.

I guess if you, Vic, Miles and you merry band says it’s true, it must be.

Did he want a job? Did he not want to be blackballed because of his stance or willingness to protest? Yes, yes he did.

If you can actually sit there and act like he was not actively blackballed from the league, with the load of crap that occupies the QB position for ~15 teams in the league, then I don’t know what to tell you.

What I posted are the facts. If you don’t believe me take it up with Nate Boyer.

• Like 2

Jesus dude.  Take your blood pressure medication.

I’m not angry at all, I’m laughing at you saps thinking this guy is so oppressed and is another Martin Luther king. This pro athlete has been as oppressed in his life as much as I have. He was pissed he couldn’t get a starting job so he sued the nfl, he wanted a payoff and got it.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

Just now, Mileslong said:

I’m not angry at all, I’m laughing at you saps thinking this guy is so oppressed and is another Martin Luther king. This pro athlete has been as oppressed in his life as I have. He was kissed he couldn’t get a starting job so he sued the nfl, he wanted a payoff and got it.

26 minutes ago, Mileslong said:

Good now he can buy another mansion and kneel in it everyday to protest how shitty this country is, F him

Sure buddy

• Like 2

Sure they do.

I guess if you, Vic, Miles and you merry band says it’s true, it must be.

Did he want a job? Did he not want to be blackballed because of his stance or willingness to protest? Yes, yes he did.

If you can actually sit there and act like he was not actively blackballed from the league, with the load of crap that occupies the QB position for ~15 teams in the league, then I don’t know what to tell you.

What I posted are the facts. If you don’t believe me take it up with Nate Boyer.

So if he was Tom Brady or Mahomes and kneeled no team would start him? This is the idiocy I can’t stand. I don’t care if he kneels or sits, free country even though he hates it. My problem is that he thinks he is being oppressed because of it and deserves some big payday. If he was any good he would be starting regardless if he took a dump on the flag
  • Like 4
  • Fuck You 1

People don’t give money away for free. His position must of had some validity to it.

Nobody is equating him to MLK. Don’t be even more obtuse than you already are.

You’ve never heard of large corporations paying people off to make them and their PR plays go away for no other reason? Now who is being obtuse?

If he thought he was right and would win, he wouldn’t have settled. I think the nfl paid up to just make it go away. The guy is a below average qb. That’s why he wasn’t playing. Like Tebow, he wasn’t good enough for the headache. Plain and simple.

Boyer recommend he kneel, not sit. Boyer didn’t actually start the “protest”.

• Like 2

Thanks google. 

Last preseason game according to this w/Eric

Kaepernick was 2-of-6 passing for 14 yards and added 18 yards on four carries in a 21-10 loss to the Packers. Niners head coach Chip Kelly has not said whether Kaepernick or Blaine Gabbert will be the team's starting quarterback for its regular-season opener against the Los Angeles Ramson Sept. 12.

3 minutes ago, ChickenSandwich said:

Thanks google. 

Last preseason game according to this w/Eric

Kaepernick was 2-of-6 passing for 14 yards and added 18 yards on four carries in a 21-10 loss to the Packers. Niners head coach Chip Kelly has not said whether Kaepernick or Blaine Gabbert will be the team's starting quarterback for its regular-season opener against the Los Angeles Ramson Sept. 12.

Thats when it became public. He had sat all preseason. Steve Wyche of the NFL Network was the first person to report on it, which I believe he did after the 2nd to last preseason game. 

Edited by Catdaddyhorn
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

Thats when it became public. He had sat all preseason. Steve Wyche of the NFL Network was the first person to report on it, which I believe he did after the 2nd to last preseason game. 

Chip Kelly had just been hired and it was clear that the team was going in a different direction. Kelly had also just been called a racist by McCoy in Philly. Maybe no correlation but I doubt his realization of the situation didn’t co e into play. Purely altruistic?  Awful coincidental. 

Hope all of that money goes to the causes this was supposed to be about regardless of intent. 

Chip Kelly ( who pretty much ran an offense perfectly suited for Kaepernick) started him 11 games that season and most would say Colin had his best year in a couple years that season under Kelly. I'm not exactly sure why the hiring of Chip Kelly would make him think he has no chance of starting. Do you watch football? 

Edited by Catdaddyhorn