Colin Kaepernick & NFL Reach Settlement

Vic Mackey

10 minutes ago, El Hornarino said:

Hmmm.

Do white nationalists ever use the flag of the Confederate States of America?  I guess they use the one for the Army of Northern Virginia because they had a good win loss record, but they got their ass kicked in the playoffs by the Union.

You will occasionally run into the odd white nationalist who can outthink a cabbage, but for the most part, white nationalists wouldn't understand what the hell you are talking about. The crazy ones who do, of course, don't count, because they play by their own made up rules.

• 1 month later...

Haven't see this mentioned.  Jay Z and NFL enter into partnership.  Good deal for both.  Super Bowl halftime has become toxic, so now the NFL can probably get some acts.  Jay Z will make bank on this.  But is he going to lose all credibility?

Roc Nation, the entertainment company founded by rapper and businessman Shawn "Jay-Z" Carter, is entering into a multiyear partnership with the NFL to enhance the NFL's live game experiences and to amplify the league's social justice efforts.

As part of the agreement, Roc Nation will advise on the selection of artists for major NFL performances like the Super Bowl. A major component of the partnership will be to nurture and strengthen community through football and music, including through the NFL's Inspire Change initiative.

A lot of the black community is turning on Jay Z as Kaep is not involved in this.  Eric Reid leading the charge.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27387173/jay-z-defends-nfl-roc-nation-deal-talks-kap

NEW YORK -- Unsigned NFL quarterback Colin Kaepernick might as well have been seated next to NFL commissioner Roger Goodell during Wednesday's news conference to officially announce the league's new partnership with Shawn "Jay-Z" Carter's entertainment company.

The former San Francisco 49ers quarterback's presence was definitely in the room.

Although Goodell and Carter both faced a volley of questions about Kaepernick, who became a polarizing figure nationally after protesting police brutality and systemic oppression before games, Carter was repeatedly asked to explain his reasoning for partnering with the NFL while Kaepernick, whom he has strongly supported, has not been on a roster since the end of the 2016 season.Several of the questioners echoed the sentiments of many on social media, who have expressed disappointment and anger that Carter would agree to have his company, Roc Nation, lead the NFL's endeavors in music and entertainment.

Through music and entertainment, Carter said, he can help amplify the league's Inspire Change initiative for social justice. And the opportunity to potentially accomplish big things and uplift many in communities important to him was an opportunity he couldn't ignore.

"We forget that Colin's whole thing was to bring attention to social injustice. In that case, this is a success. This is the next phase," the entertainment magnate said. "There [are] two parts of protesting. You go outside and you protest, and then the company or the individual says, 'I hear you. What do we do next?'

"For me it's like action, [an] actionable item, what are we gonna do with it? Everyone heard, we hear what you're saying, and everybody knows I agree with what you're saying [in Kaepernick's underlying message]. So what are we gonna do? You know what I'm saying? [Help] millions and millions of people, or we get stuck on Colin not having a job."

What is the end game of these protests? Is there a measurable or quantifiable goal to be reached when the movement can declare victory and stop disrespecting the national anthem? If not, people just hate this country and will protest for the rest of their lives?

The unfinished pyramid is a national symbol for a reason. This nation has been improving for people of all walks of life since its inception, some changes coming slower than others. 

3 hours ago, Murfdogg21 said:

What is the end game of these protests? Is there a measurable or quantifiable goal to be reached when the movement can declare victory and stop disrespecting the national anthem?

Even though I was in favor of the cause this was my problem with the tactics of the protest in the first place. In my mind you protest to get something specific achieved.

This whole deal sure went in a weird direction.

On 8/15/2019 at 2:24 PM, Jkwellborn said:

No one is stopping him from taking a job for something he’s qualified to do.

Well.... He’s selling shoes and is a hell of a lot better at it than playing QB.

Poor Jay Z. Does something good...getting the Uncle Tom treatment. 

As Kap has shown, the message about him is more important than any quantifiable action. Unless that action is a training camp invite. 

• Like 1

On 2/15/2019 at 9:18 PM, Fico said:

Lol some of y’all are so fucking clueless.

You know who started this? Nate Boyer. Yes, that Nate Boyer. Anyone with their faux outrage needs to tell an army green beret why Americans shouldn’t be able to protest injustice.

The athletes have a stage and they most definitely made the country discuss an issue more so than it would have if they did not do what they did.

/End Rant.

Ok, I will play along.  Do you get to protest your job and gain media attraction?

Or would you just get fired and drug out of the building?  Why do some get special treatment while the majority are bound by the rules?

/fuck all forms of racism

/fuck all forms of gender bias

I say FUCK YOU to anyone who counter-preaches the effects of white privilege.  Namely, because most of these squeaky wheel groups want to have more rights and luxuries than others, not true equality.  It's financial privilege - not white privilege (SEE Tiger Woods - the guy is the focus of most golf programming even when he isnt playing).

Additionally, I submit the Black Lives Matter student group of Princeton University.  This group wanted a separate dorm just for black students. 

How is this equality exactly?

Shut the fucking whining, act within societal standards, and get on with the good stuff.

Or go somewhere else which has a better system and no racism.  Good luck.

On 2/15/2019 at 9:18 PM, Fico said:

• Like 2