Colin Kaepernick & NFL Reach Settlement

Vic Mackey

Mileslong appears to have purchased a brand new Strawman Machine.

Apparently my option is more popular than yours. He wasn’t protesting while he was starting and on top. His little protests are completely tied to his so called collusion claims.

The fact some of you think this spare is some kind of hero is laughable
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Fico said:

People don’t give money away for free. His position must of had some validity to it.

Nobody is equating him to MLK. Don’t be even more obtuse than you already are.

It was already posted. The NFL didn’t fear Kap, they never did. They have known what he truly wanted from day one. Their greatest fear was discovery. Can you imagine what was on the computers and cell phones of the owners, GM’s and coaches? There was no way they were allowing that to take place, regardless of what they had to pay.

The information on those hard drives was a 1000x more valuable then anything they may had to pay Kap. Every strategy meeting, evaluations, and who knows what else. And all of it would have had the potential to eventually become public record. Or at a minimum leaked by a third party.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

Chip Kelly ( who pretty much ran an offense perfectly suited for Kaepernick) started him 11 games that season and most would say Colin had his best year in a couple years that season under Kelly. I'm not exactly sure why the hiring of Chip Kelly would make him think he has no chance of starting. Do you watch football? 

43 and 49 QBR? Best season 3k passing (never close again) and 25 TDS?  And Blaine Gabbert being worse than everybody ?

Edited by ChickenSandwich

1 hour ago, Vic Mackey said:

He used the ongoing issues at hand to land a nice payday once his game was figured out and he wasn't talented enough to adjust. He got one from the NFL and one from Nike (who is one of their biggest sponsors). It was always about the money. But people actually thought he cared about the issues lmao. Dude was seeking attention and then money.

Nah his teammates were talking about him becoming radicalized. Dude is not that smart. That is some 4 dimensional chess shit there.

It worked out for him though. I just hope we can put that mess behind us. 

Edited by Valmy77
  • Like 1

At Oregon Kelyy’s best offenses had QBs with a completion rate approaching 70%. Kap averaged mid-high 50s in the NFL. Only reaching 60 once. Hardly ideal. 

Kap best 2 seasons

3369 yards 19 TDS 10 INTs 60%

3197 yards 21TDs 8 INTs 58 %

2018 Flaco 

2465 yards 12 TDS 6 INTs 61%

Kap sucks

Edited by ChickenSandwich

30 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

Nah his teammates were talking about him becoming radicalized. Dude is not that smart. That is some 4 dimensional chess shit there.

It worked out for him though. I just hope we can put that mess behind us. 

You mean police brutality?  Me too.

I can believe his heart was in the right place.  I don't give the benefit of the doubt to all "protestors" because they allege to support a good cause.  People shutting down traffic while people go to work can suck a dick.  Being an asshole isn't a constructive form of "protest."

Ultimately the controversy became all about him.  "Does he have the right to do this?"  "Is it an insult to veterans, etc?"  The media was very much complicit in turning his simple act into a circus.  Did it change anything?  Did it actually bring about useful attention to the problem he was protesting?  It's hard to see that's it's made a lick of difference.  

As I've said, I think he should have been allowed to play.  He made his stand and if he was good enough to make I roster I would have preferred he be given the chance.  He can stay in the locker room for the anthem or decide he's done what he came to do and now stand for the anthem, whatever.  I'd still like to see him try to rebuild his career whether it be in the CFL or AAF or whatever, but asking ridiculous money beyond his talent level suggests there's a lot of opportunist in him.  

Edited by Lhorn

12 minutes ago, Lhorn said:

As I've said, I think he should have been allowed to play...if he was good enough to make I roster...in the CFL or AAF or whatever.

It's been said but if the NFL will repeatedly sign serious offenders if they help them win games, but Kaepernick isn't a QB in 3 different professional leagues, it's pretty clear he's not good enough to make a roster.

12 minutes ago, Disco Missile said:

It's been said but if the NFL will repeatedly sign serious offenders if they help them win games, but Kaepernick isn't a QB in 3 different professional leagues, it's pretty clear he's not good enough to make a roster.

Man when he came out of no where to start his career and took the 49ers to the Super Bowl in '13, I thought this guy was a shoe in top 3 Qb in the league.  He went to garbage just as fast.  I still feel that there were times when QBs went down in the league that barring the controversy he had the potential which would have led someone to give him a chance if even as a backup.  Likely with a short leash, because his most recent play was NOT good.  

But you are right.  Repeat drug offenders, spousal abusers, perpetual trouble makers are given chance after chance if they are good enough to play at a high level.  So the NFL is not above accepting some controversy in the pursuit of wins.

Edited by Lhorn

Problem is, there's a thousand stories of "cancers" in the locker room that we've never heard of.  You think this was the first time other teams decided not to hire a guy to play because the "word" from the team he was cut from was that he wasn't a "team player"?  I guess those players should be hiring lawyers too.  This was always about attention and money(tax free at that, if I'm not mistaken) and don't think for a second it was anything else. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Mileslong said:

Good now he can buy another mansion and kneel in it everyday to protest how shitty this country is, F him

It wouldn’t be much of a protest if he didn’t want to be seen; give me a break. This guy is an attention whore of the highest order and was just pissed he couldn’t get a starting gig somewhere. This was well orchestrated and I’m sure he is laughing about it all the way to the bank

Great comeback, you should be an attorney

The Constitution of United States of America says hello. However, you are free to be a dumbass, Nate and I will fight for that.  You can sit at home and play guitar.

NO CR

920x920.jpg

https://www.latimes.com/sports/nfl/la-sp-kaepernick-kneel-boyer-20180916-story.html

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/veteran-kaepernick-take-a-knee-anthem/

https://www.chron.com/sports/longhorns/article/Ex-Green-Beret-Longhorns-player-Nate-Boyer-pens-9195416.php

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/veteran-kaepernick-take-a-knee-anthem/

Edited by SaucyJack
  • Like 5

7 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

If your protest can be stopped with money, it’s not a real protest 

I don't think CK has to stop protesting.  There is a non-disclosure agreement that likely restricts his ability to bad mouth the NFL.  But remember his real motivation was racially biased police brutality. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, notre dame joe said:

I don't think CK has to stop protesting.  There is a non-disclosure agreement that likely restricts his ability to bad mouth the NFL.  But remember his real motivation was racially biased police brutality. 

Which is a much bigger problem than kneeling.  FFS

9 hours ago, Scooter Monzingo said:

It was already posted. The NFL didn’t fear Kap, they never did. They have known what he truly wanted from day one. Their greatest fear was discovery. Can you imagine what was on the computers and cell phones of the owners, GM’s and coaches? There was no way they were allowing that to take place, regardless of what they had to pay.

The information on those hard drives was a 1000x more valuable then anything they may had to pay Kap. Every strategy meeting, evaluations, and who knows what else. And all of it would have had the potential to eventually become public record. Or at a minimum leaked by a third party.

why would they ever have to put it on record?

If they did, they are complete idiots.  

Edited by slorch

1 minute ago, ChickenSandwich said:

"The inmates are running the asylum"

That's a colloquialism that the hypersensitive folks ran with.

You don't *usually* pay off someone who got butthurt about something you said.  If you're administering hiring and firing, you certainly don't document or verbally state for the record that you aren't hiring someone because they are blacklisted.

Edited by slorch

12 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

He used the ongoing issues at hand to land a nice payday once his game was figured out and he wasn't talented enough to adjust. He got one from the NFL and one from Nike (who is one of their biggest sponsors). It was always about the money. But people actually thought he cared about the issues lmao. Dude was seeking attention and then money.

I'm sure the NFL was sick of his shit and just wanted to pay him to make him go away. This is chump change for them and worth it to dissolve the story. Win win for them. They come out looking good by paying him and he goes away. He never wanted to play. No intention. Just wanted to create a media circus and so many fell for it.

I mean this was more than any contract any team would give him.

Welp, he created this: https://knowyourrightscamp.com/about/  And that's been pretty successful.  Is that issue about the money? Or is that about a current issue in America?

He's also done the following donations: 

October 2016

Silicon Valley De-Bug ($25,000)
Causa Justa/Just Cause ($25,000)
Urban Underground ($25,000)
Mothers Against Police Brutality ($25,000)

November 2016

Black Youth Project (25,000)
Gathering For Justice/Justice League ($25,000)
Communities United for Police Reform ($25,000)
I Will Not Die Young Campaign ($25,000)

December 2016

UCSF for “The Mni Wiconi Health Clinic Partnership at Standing Rock” ($50,000)
Appetite for Change ($25,000)
Southsiders Organized for Unity and Liberation ($25,000)

January 2017

Black Veterans For Social Justice ($25,000)
350 Global Environmental Organization ($25,000)
Center For Reproductive Rights ($25,000)
CHIRLA (Coalition for Humane Immigrant Rights of Los Angeles) ($25,000)

February 2017

Meals on Wheels ($50,000)
Somalia Famine Relief ($50,000)

March 2017

Life After Hate ($50,000)
Leaders Of A Beautiful Struggle ($25,000)
Silence Is Violence ($25,000)

April 2017

Assata’s Daughters ($25,000)
Helping Oppressed Mothers Endure (H.O.M.E.) ($25,000)
Grassroots Leadership ($25,000)
American Friends Service Committee ($25,000)

May 2017

The Dreamville Foundation ($34,000)
Lower East Side Girls Club ($33,000)
100 Suits For 100 Men ($33,000)

June 2017

DREAM (Formerly RBI Harlem) ($25,000)
Coalition For The Homeless ($25,000)
Justice League NYC: War on Children Program ($25,000)
United We Dream ($25,000)

10x10

DeBug San Jose ($20,000 with Kevin Durant)
The Advancement Project ($20,000 with Jesse Williams)
United Playaz ($20,000 with Steph Curry)
Mothers Against Police Brutality ($35,000 with Snoop Dogg)
Imagine LA ($20,000 with Serena Williams)
Angel By Nature ($20,000 with TI)
Schools on Wheels ($30,000 with Chris Brown, Jhene Aiko)
Communities United By Police Reform ($40,000 with Nick Cannon, Joey Badass)
Youth Services, Inc. ($20,000 with Meek Mill)
H.O.M.E, linked above ($20,000 with Usher)

• Like 7

26 minutes ago, Pancho Negro said:

Welp, he created this: https://knowyourrightscamp.com/about/  And that's been pretty successful.  Is that issue about the money? Or is that about a current issue in America?

October 2016

November 2016

December 2016

January 2017

February 2017

March 2017

April 2017

May 2017

June 2017

10x10

Good points...

10 hours ago, Valmy77 said:

I would prefer the attention gets focused back on that, yes. Somehow the whole point of his protest got lost in the noise.

10 hours ago, irishtexan said:

This thread fuckin’ suuuuuuuuuucks.

I find both of these assertions valid and compelling. Kaepernick was protesting a legitimate social ill. And doing it very badly. All the vitriol for and against him does nobody any good, and we're all the worse for it. I'm just grateful that now that he's been paid, his 15 minutes are pretty much up, and he'll get the hell off our news cycles.

• Like 7

I wonder how empty a person's soul has to be that he/she embraces the belief that any protest is stupid, insincere, and done only for material gain or egotistical attention. Is this kind of person so unwilling to do something for someone else that he/she must project their own character onto others?

After consultation with a soldier patriot, the man kneels instead of sits because he specifically doesn't want to show disrespect for everything the flag stands for. Sadly, he does this in a sea of drunk NFL fans who don't see far beyond their own televisions and who, evidently, aren't the type to read or study a subject before hating it.

Another aspect of the ascendancy of Idiot World. Kapernick's expression is ballyhooed by idiot sports pundits and our idiot president.

giphy.gif

Edited by RomaVicta
  • Like 5

October 2016

November 2016

December 2016

January 2017

February 2017

March 2017

April 2017

May 2017

June 2017

10x10

Theres nothing to hate on any of that. Is there a reason why it stopped mid 2017 or did you get bored posting them?

I still find it distasteful that he'll play in the AAF but for a salary that's basically more than the entire team roster combined. That to me screams branding, name recognition, and ratings now that his movement blew up with iconic figures. he wants to that Lebron, Durant money.. but with about 1/10th of their athletic talent in their respective sports

10 hours ago, mulletpelini said:

Problem is, there's a thousand stories of "cancers" in the locker room that we've never heard of.  You think this was the first time other teams decided not to hire a guy to play because the "word" from the team he was cut from was that he wasn't a "team player"?  I guess those players should be hiring lawyers too.  This was always about attention and money(tax free at that, if I'm not mistaken) and don't think for a second it was anything else. 

And if 32 teams arrived independently at the conclusion that Kap's talent wasn't worth the the distraction, then we wouldn't be here. That happens with Tim Tebow, Ray Rice, and dozens of other guys, and no one cares. What did them in in this case was the collusion.

And you guys have to be kidding me that Kap started sitting out the anthem with the end goal being a fat court payment. That's some next level foresight.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Lone Star Horn said:

That's the usual expression, however, McNair said "Inmates running the prison" 

Which lots of people felt that was a racist comment. Considering the percentage of blacks/white in prison and in the NFL.

Forced labor. Kind of like the NCAA, but instead of prestige and pussy, you also get money. The struggle is real.

27 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Theres nothing to hate on any of that. Is there a reason why it stopped mid 2017 or did you get bored posting them?

I don't know what you're trying to imply here.  I don't know if you're meaning for this to be negative or positive. 

But despite the tone of your reply, I'll try to answer it although it's a guess.  First, the article I got that from was written in 2018. Second, it probably "stopped" in 2017 because he reached his goal (actually succeeded it) of donating $1 million to charities across the country.  

Finally, I don't believe there's any amount of charity or community service he could do that would change your mind (or others) about him so it really doesn't matter. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Mileslong said:

Apparently my option is more popular than yours. He wasn’t protesting while he was starting and on top. His little protests are completely tied to his so called collusion claims.

The fact some of you think this spare is some kind of hero is laughable

Did he or did he not bring attention to the issue of police brutality? Did he or did he not give money to help support people who have been affected by police brutality?

Even if he isn't a great dude(none of us know him personally), or didnt have perfectly 100% pure intentions in what he did, i would like to think that a cause that needed to be addressed was at least acknowledged, and that people are getting fed up with it.

Who knows if that Amber Guyger chick gets charged with murder if there isn't a lot of public chatter about police brutality. And i know it isn't against black people this time, but the "5 HPD officers shot" thread in the daily texan is fucking alarming.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Pancho Negro said:

I don't know what you're trying to imply here.  I don't know if you're meaning for this to be negative or positive. 

But despite the tone of your reply, I'll try to answer it although it's a guess.  First, the article I got that from was written in 2018. Second, it probably "stopped" in 2017 because he reached his goal (actually succeeded it) of donating $1 million to charities across the country.  

Finally, I don't believe there's any amount of charity or community service he could do that would change your mind (or others) about him so it really doesn't matter. 

i was generally wondering if you stopped because you still had the rest of 2017, and all of 2018 to go through.  I didn't know about the million dollars in charities. Very cool.

I honestly respect CK's right to protest. but I THINK hes turning it into a brand now. Maybe his movement blew up more than he anticipated and is trying to capitalize with it?

Just my .02. like you said, it doesnt matter.

• Like 1

Take it to the politics board dumbass 

and you are not going to get flamed for “pointing that out.”  If you get flamed it will be for trying to CR a football discussion that’s barely stayed on the rails. 

Edited by Lhorn
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Fico said:

Lol some of y’all are so fucking clueless.

You know who started this? Nate Boyer. Yes, that Nate Boyer. Anyone with their faux outrage needs to tell an army green beret why Americans shouldn’t be able to protest injustice.

The athletes have a stage and they most definitely made the country discuss an issue more so than it would have if they did not do what they did.

/End Rant.

thought it was his skank girlfriend that started all this, is she still around to spend the money?