$9.95 worth every penny

futureman

3 hours ago, NorLa Horns said:

my new diet method is listening to Mile Roach breath into the mike. 

seriously dude. this last one was the worst. I know youve seen these comments. do something about it. smh

@21 min, you could hear him snoring as he's breathing. Dude has serious health issues. 

1 hour ago, Goodman said:

@21 min, you could hear him snoring as he's breathing. Dude has serious health issues. 

Darth Roach is going to die from a heart attack at a very young age if he does not change his lifestyle. It makes the podcast impossible to listen to. 

I had to put down the thanks a lot cookies I was holding and eating when I listened to that yesterday morning.... it was cringe-worthy.  BTW why did the new guys audio quality so bad on his end.  I had to turn it up a bit, which led into the siren sounding grumblings of Roach to really pop my eardrums

37 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I almost want to go listen to these Roach podcasts based on the hilarious commentary from you guys on this thread. This guy sounds like an A. Bartlett Giamatti-level walking dead man. 

The content and the format are actually pretty decent. But between my irrational hatred of Burton and listening to a guy having to catch his breath every other sentence, it makes it hard to listen to unless it was a major week in recruiting. 

1 hour ago, UDontKnow said:

Image result for A. Bartlett Giamatti

"Baseball isn't for the weak of heart." (Probably)

That is a 50-51 year old man in that photo. I know septuagenarians and octogenarians that look healthier. We should figure out the age and photo comp of Mike Roach, for his own health concerns. 

I remember the story SLX told a few of us about going to dinner with EJ Holland and Roach. He offered to meet them anywhere. They could have picked a steakhouse or sushi or Brennan’s. Instead they insisted on some place like Brewingz or T.G.I. Friday’s. Apparently, Holland had the restaurant make like an avocado toast and a shake while condescending the Texas fanbase and talking at length about how he’s eventually going to be a sports novelist and be above all of this recruiting idiocy.

Meanwhile, Mike Roach went through like 3 baskets of a dozen wings and acted as though he hadn’t eaten in weeks. Hardly said a word but was apparently an incredibly nice guy. Super naive about the boards. He was a security installer guy or some such at the time. 

2 hours ago, closetojumping said:

That is a 50-51 year old man in that photo. I know septuagenarians and octogenarians that look healthier. We should figure out the age and photo comp of Mike Roach, for his own health concerns. 

I remember the story SLX told a few of us about going to dinner with EJ Holland and Roach. He offered to meet them anywhere. They could have picked a steakhouse or sushi or Brennan’s. Instead they insisted on some place like Brewingz or T.G.I. Friday’s. Apparently, Holland had the restaurant make like an avocado toast and a shake while condescending the Texas fanbase and talking at length about how he’s eventually going to be a sports novelist and be above all of this recruiting idiocy.

Meanwhile, Mike Roach went through like 3 baskets of a dozen wings and acted as though he hadn’t eaten in weeks. Hardly said a word but was apparently an incredibly nice guy. Super naive about the boards. He was a security installer guy or some such at the time. 

I would rather be injected with the coronavirus than eat at TGI Friday’s. 

1 hour ago, longhornmatt said:

This Peter Bean shit is insane.  I always assumed he stopped doing recruiting guru nonsense because he realized that (shocker) working at Jackson Walker was a more lucrative use of his time.   But ... wow.  Just wow.  

Which Peter Bean shit? There's quite a bit of it, but most is old(er). I had kind of hoped the guy had sobered up since he'd been "out of the news" for quite some time now.  Evidently not.

He hasn't been at jw for like 10 years.

EJ Holland is the least likely looking sports reporter of all time.  Looks like he should be reporting the live emo music beat.  JFC.

I do appreciate at this time of year that my twitter feed isn't 80% EJ posting play-by-plays of 7v7 games involving no one Texas gives a shit about as if it was a final set at Wimbledon, and then fanboying all over himself if the mouthiest player at the tournament comes over to say hi to him and talk about shoes.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, texifornia said:

I do appreciate at this time of year that my twitter feed isn't 80% EJ posting play-by-plays of 7v7 games involving no one Texas gives a shit about as if it was a final set at Wimbledon, and then fanboying all over himself if the mouthiest player at the tournament comes over to say hi to him and talk about shoes.

I actually wouldn't mind the quick periscopes with potential players we are recruiting. I know I was always shitting on EJ but he could carry dead period with his whole 7 on 7 tour during these months.  

8 minutes ago, Thiefery said:

I actually wouldn't mind the quick periscopes with potential players we are recruiting. I know I was always shitting on EJ but he could carry dead period with his whole 7 on 7 tour during these months.  

Except he was constantly tweeting about recruits that had recruitments which were dirty as hell and Texas wasn’t in on, while pumping those recruits and acting like Texas was passing on generational talents, so no, the offseason is still better without his bullshit.

It is pretty hilarious though that Roach went to a 7 on 7 and failed to post hardly any videos. That guy really sucks at generating clicks. 

Edited by Burt Macklin
  • Like 5

15 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

Except he was constantly tweeting about recruits that had recruitments which were dirty as hell and Texas wasn’t in on, while pumping those recruits and acting like Texas was passing on generational talents, so no, the offseason is still better without his bullshit.

It is pretty hilarious though that Roach went to a 7 on 7 and failed to post hardly any videos. That guy really sucks at generating clicks. 

Wow, Burt next thing you're going to tell me is that Waddle was "for sale" and LB Brooks had "red flags". I trust that EJ knew solid trainers like Ro Simon and was only trying to steer the good kids towards us but Tom is too hell bent on his sinful ways to let EJ work his magic 😉

On 2/16/2020 at 8:15 AM, Newy25 said:

The content and the format are actually pretty decent. But between my irrational hatred of Burton and listening to a guy having to catch his breath every other sentence, it makes it hard to listen to unless it was a major week in recruiting. 

Why is hating button irrational?

On 2/16/2020 at 11:21 AM, closetojumping said:

I hope it turns out that Roach is like 27 years old because I assume he's 39. 

The best part about EJ & Roach days was that they had some super fan. Some dude would even bring his son into it, always had signs and shit about EJ & Roach while going out in public and to HS games. 

8 hours ago, Goodman said:

I hope it turns out that Roach is like 27 years old because I assume he's 39. 

The best part about EJ & Roach days was that they had some super fan. Some dude would even bring his son into it, always had signs and shit about EJ & Roach while going out in public and to HS games. 

I believe that guy posted under the handle of VaHorn. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, closetojumping said:

I’m totally shocked that EJ Holland has no grasp on judging food quality. He probably also proudly calls himself a foodie. A performance artist couldn’t pull off a better act as douchebag. 

More or less. When I listened to his pod with Roach early on, he’d spend 15 minutes talking about what was the best fast food and wining about times he had a bad meal at some shitty chain restaurant. 

15 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Today in #content, Roach retweeted a video of a fat guy farting. So recruiting is pretty thrilling right now.

I'm not going to verify this, but was this a home video of himself? If so, he was probably breathing hard too.

Edited by UDontKnow