$9.95 worth every penny

futureman

1 minute ago, golfclap said:

you should post this every time EJ comes up because it makes me laugh every fucking time. Every aspect of it is chefskiss. 

I laugh thinking about it and remembering listening to SLX recount the experience. It's one of those things where, I know absurd shit can happen in real life, but it's still fucking stunning when the reality is roughly as ridiculous as my imagination. 

My favorite part of that whole thing is that Holland eventually juxtaposed my posting persona with the guy he met in real life. I'd eaten him alive on the 247 board by then, so it was a rent-free in his head kind of thing, but thinking that SLX and I in real life might be similar was ... outstanding. 

• Like 1

I once tried to troll @closetojumping on the 247 board.  I was bored and just wanted to see a barn burning ctj rant.  I had a different handle and was actually very subtle when I quoted his post and went slightly counter.

The response I got almost immediately was "What a bizarre post.  This is strange."

I felt like a double agent getting outed while standing right in the middle of the Kremlin.  He sniffed out the attempt from a mile away.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

What’s the point of that tweet, like seriously. 

It draws "look at me" attention to a 70 year old clueless failure employed by an almost defunct rag.  He thinks it keeps him relevant.  Bohls and KKL need have some wild sex.  That would draw more attention.  

On 4/20/2021 at 10:07 AM, closetojumping said:

I laugh thinking about it and remembering listening to SLX recount the experience. It's one of those things where, I know absurd shit can happen in real life, but it's still fucking stunning when the reality is roughly as ridiculous as my imagination. 

My favorite part of that whole thing is that Holland eventually juxtaposed my posting persona with the guy he met in real life. I'd eaten him alive on the 247 board by then, so it was a rent-free in his head kind of thing, but thinking that SLX and I in real life might be similar was ... outstanding. 

It is a great story. The next time you tell it, add in Tommy Tuberville in the group eating Jack Daniels Shrimp, getting up from the table to take a shit, and climbing out the bathroom window to escape to Cincinnati because the company was so bad. 

On 3/11/2021 at 9:16 AM, closetojumping said:

Regarding Chipotle, I've never eaten there. I never had much interest when there were better burrito choices nearby. Then they starting killing people. It's like Blue Bell. I've never understood how either group survived the aftermath of their systemic negligence ending lives.

I remember the expose on the grocery chain when I was in junior high where they were bleaching and food-coloring aging meat. I think 60 Minutes did the work. Food Lion or something. I feel like that became an overnight national controversy and ultimately drove them out of business. Drove them out of where I lived, at least, and I mean fucking quick. They were a new store, then they were gone in less than 2 years and directly following that shit. I guess I could Wiki it and see, but that's not the point.

It's like people gave a shit about, you know, people being manslaughtered by food providers, and then the age of Internet Everywhere showed up and the saturation of constant shitty information has led to no one fully giving a fuck any more. "Meh, Chipotle killed people, but they make a semi-mediocre burrito, so fuck it, I'll go there while passing every other equally shitty fast food shack that didn't kill people as far as I know." Okay then. #AndyRooney

I remember it well since my fam was in the grocery business at the time. Food Lion had just built around 10-12 stores in Houston, mostly in Southwest and Southeast areas.  Then that ABC expose hit the air (which turned out to be bullshit as the producers got jobs as employees and convinced coworkers to do that shit).  Man those stores were a ghost town after that ABC show.

I don't buy Blue Bell any more.  HEB Creamy Creations tastes so much better.

1 minute ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Looks like infamous Horns247 poster Tyrone Swoopes was temporarily banned from the site. The collective IQ at Horns247 is now slightly higher than TexAgs. Congratulations all. 

He is still there but is laying low under a different handle.

On 5/12/2021 at 9:35 AM, billfromlaketravis said:

Looks like infamous Horns247 poster Tyrone Swoopes was temporarily banned from the site. The collective IQ at Horns247 is now slightly higher than TexAgs. Congratulations all. 

On 5/12/2021 at 9:37 AM, Machinator said:

He is still there but is laying low under a different handle.

247 changed his handle because he got doxxed by Aggies. Still has same post count and I know his new handle. 

49 minutes ago, texifornia said:

What's even the point of this pissy holier-than-thou attitude? Just be happy people cared about the thing you like for a while, and maybe FCS gained some new converts.

My septuagenarian mom and dad Sam Houston grads and superfans say fuck Danny Davis which is strange because I’ve never heard them talk that way 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, closetohumping said:

Won't click.  What'd they say.

Ketch explains why they’re not half the prospect Gilbert was and Anwar thinks Murphy could be great but he’s joining a program that once had an all white team.

Edited by Goodman
  • Hook 'Em 1

I wonder how Ear to the Streets feels about Sports Illustrated ripping off his paywalled content 

Arch Manning On Steve Sarkisian: 'He's A Freak Of A Coach'

https://www.si.com/college/texas/news/arch-manning-on-longhorns-hc-steve-sarkisian-hes-a-freak-of-a-coach

In a recent interview with 247Sports, 2023 blue-chip quarterback Arch Manning spoke on his feelings about the Texas Longhorns

As the crowned jewel of the 2023 class, the eyes of Texas, and head coach Steve Sarkisian, are on Isidore Newman pro-style quarterback, Arch Manning.

Manning, however, has also taken notice of what Sarkisian is building with the Longhorns in Austin, and as Manning told 247Sports recruiting analyst Mike Roach in an exclusive interview, he is very impressed.

“I think (the Longhorns) are going to get it going in the next few years and I’m excited to see what they can do," Manning told Roach. "Obviously, he’s a freak of a coach with what he did at Alabama and the Falcons and everywhere else. He knows how to coach quarterbacks. He’s actually just a real nice guy and really laid back and I like him a lot.”

Alongside Sarkisian, Manning has also been impressed with the new Texas Staff, including quarterbacks coach AJ Milwee, with who he has built a close relationship with over the last few months. 

Milwee, of course, has been the lead recruiter on Manning since he arrived on the 40 Acres with Sarkisian -- Just as he was with 2022 star quarterback prospect Maalik Murphy, who committed to the Longhorns on February 13.

“I like (Milwee) a lot,” Manning told Roach. “I can relate to him because he’s younger. It seems like we’re friends almost. I like him a lot. He’d be a cool guy to get to play for. Hopefully, he doesn’t get too many job offers and he stays there. He’s a good guy. I really like everyone I’ve met and have enjoyed building relationships and meeting different guys.”

As for a commitment date, Manning still doesn't have a firm timeline, but as he told Roach, he would like to have an idea of his destination, or potential destinations, at some point in the next year.

“I don’t really want to make a timeline because I feel like I’ll know when the time is right,” he said. “I don’t really want to pressure it to be like a certain time. I just want to go see these places. I guess an accurate time would probably be around next year, but I really don’t know.”

Manning will take his first visit to Austin on June 13, alongside 13 other 2023 recruits, including his good friends, running back Rueben Owens (El Campo, TX), and wide receiver Jontay Cook (DeSoto, TX).

Already a Longhorns commit, Owens, in particular, has been hot on Manning's trail as well, doing his best to help Sarkisian and company land the mammoth QB Prospect.

Before he does that, however, Manning will head to Death Valley to see Dabo Swinney and the Clemson Tigers, as well as Sonny Dykes and the SMU Mustangs in Dallas.

Manning will then wrap up his visits with a trip to Tuscaloosa to see Nick Saban and the Alabama Crimson Tide, before ending things in Athens, where Kirby Smart and the Georgia Bulldogs will have their chance with the blue-chip quarterback.