$9.95 worth every penny

futureman

39 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Lol what does this even mean. Charlie sucked out loud and Herman tripped up stepping up to a major program.

Who actually tweets from this account? Is it Wescunt? If he thinks this is a CDC problem he is a bigger idiot than I thought and that is no small task

• 2 weeks later...

Oddsmakers still like TEXAS... CRAZY 😁

Texas has something to play for coming off of open date

By: JEFF HOWE 91 minutes ago

With Texas coming off of consecutive losses to TCU and Oklahoma with a bye week doing nothing to help the Longhorns get back into either the Associated Press Top 25 or the Amway Coaches Poll, head coach Tom Herman shouldn’t have expected his squad to be nationally ranked entering a scheduled home game with Baylor. Texas (2-2, 1-2 Big 12) isn’t ranked ahead of Baylor (1-1, 1-1) making the trip from Waco to Royal-Texas Memorial Stadium on Saturday (2:30 p.m., ESPN), but the Longhorns getting enough votes to receive 12 points in the Coaches Poll and one point in the AP Top 25 reflects why a sense of urgency to play a clean, winning brand of football for four full quarters needs to be there when the Bears come to town.

There's no question Herman is currently occupying a scorching-hot seat with the on-field product trending in the wrong direction and two losses in Big 12 play means Texas no longer controls its own destiny when it comes to reaching the title game in Arlington in December. With that said, a Big 12 that's far from the strongest the league has been in recent years, the flashes shown by Herman and Co. when they get out of their own and the effort shown on the part of the players provide a glimmer of hope when it comes to Herman's fourth season providing something redeeming about it when the dust settles.

If Texas is going to be playing for the Big 12 championship at AT&T Stadium come Dec. 19, Herman’s charges will need to knock off a few teams ahead of them in both the polls and the conference standings. The Longhorns have already played and lost to Oklahoma (2-2, 1-2) and TCU (1-2, 1-2) clubs that received more votes than the Longhorns in the Coaches Poll while the Sooners and West Virginia (3-1, 2-1) received votes in both polls.

The Mountaineers will play Texas in Austin on Nov. 7, one week after the Longhorns face Oklahoma State (3-1, 2-0) on Oct. 31 in Stillwater. The Cowboys are the highest-ranked Big 12 team in the latest polls (No. 5 in the AP Top 25 and No. 6 in the Coaches Poll), coming in ahead of an Iowa State (3-1, 3-0) team ranked No. 17 in the AP Top 25 and No. 18 in the Coaches Poll and No. 19 Kansas State (3-1, 3-0).

If there’s a silver lining to be found within a forgettable start to Big 12 play for Texas, it’s that the current conference pecking order based on the national polls and the league standings doesn’t reflect how the oddsmakers think things will play out, nor does it line up with advanced metrics forecasting future results. According to the William Hill Sports Book, the Longhorns are getting +450 odds to win the Big 12 with only Oklahoma (+160), Iowa State (+325) and Oklahoma State (+350) getting better odds coming out of a weekend where the only conference game played saw West Virginia pick up a home win over Kansas, 38-17.

ESPN’s Football Power Index is even more bullish on Texas. The FPI gives the Longhorns the best probability among the 10 teams in the Big 12 to win out (10.7 percent) and the second-best probability to win the conference championship (19.2 percent is behind only the 34.2-percent probability for Oklahoma State to claim the title) and reach the six-win mark (84.8-percent probability is second only to the Cowboys, who have a 94.4-percent chance of winning six games) in a 10-game season.

A Texas season that’s worthy of the label of a disappointing campaign with only four games in the books is one where the Longhorns very much have an opportunity to achieve something meaningful the rest of the way. Whether or not they’re capable of putting together enough prolonged stretches of competent football in all three phases of the game, however, is a different question entirely.

“We've got to play a cleaner brand of football,” Herman said during last week's bye week of a Texas team that’s tied for the Big 12 lead in penalties per game in conference play (10.7), has missed 44 tackles in the last three games and has been atrocious on special teams. “I think you're seeing it all across the country, but that is not an excuse. We've got to make sure that we're the exception and not the rule and that we play a cleaner brand of football when we're out there on Saturdays.”

By the time the month of October ends, Texas could very well know whether hope still exists for 2020 to be a championship season. At the same time, if the unsavory trends continue, the Longhorns could head into November knowing another reboot of the program is inevitable and that significant changes are on the horizon.

https://247sports.com/college/texas/Article/Texas-Longhorns-football-Big-12-championship-2020-something-to-play-for-Baylor-Bears-Tom-Herman-hot-seat-153226344/

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Viper said:

We all say FCB all the time but is the rumor that she's the only one of us who actually has?

yep, that's the rumor..  She just doesn't do it for me.. I'm not sure if it's because i've seen her in pics and seen her in person.. and they don't look the same or if it's her voice.  I'll stick with our favorite surly thot that resides in South Austin.

• Hook 'Em 1

2h
Oh my!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Tweet
NCAAF Nation  @NCAAFNation247
2h
The Ramen Noodle Express never stops, love the Late Kick with Josh Pate. twitter.com/LateKickJosh/s…

16:40 mark on video... Explains Ramen Noodle Express  (Best Bets Segment)
Edited by LTtxfan

Slorch's shit hot line-up

Bovina( 3-6) vs Plains( 2-8) @ Shallowater

LaVilla( 2-2) vs Freer( 2-3) @Falfurrias

Celina( 3-4) vs Vernon( 2-8) @ Celina

Clint( 5-0) vs San Angelo Lake View( 4-6) @ Wink( at fucking Wink...that's a 2A stadium)

Fort Stockton( 4-5) vs San Elizario( 2-4) @ Fort Stockton

Wilmer-Hutchins( 4-1) vs Kaufman( 3-7) @ Forney

Hou. North Forest( 4-2) vs Stafford( 4-6) @ DelMar Stadium, Houston

Burton

Spoiler

I thought for a few hours about how to start this column, and really nothing poignant or revelatory came to me. So I guess I’ll just cut to the chase.

Today will be my last day writing for Horns247. After 10 years on the site, I have decided to move on. It’s been a hell of a ride. Jeff Howe, Gerry Hamilton and myself started the site from nothing. Along with just a few other sites, we helped start the 247Sports network, and now 247 is considered the industry standard.

Along the way Mike Roach started contributing to the site, first as a part timer and then into the role he has today, where he covers recruiting in a manner I am very proud of. A couple of years ago we merged with a former Scout site and that added Chip Brown and Taylor Estes to the mix. They are both outstanding. Chip is perhaps the most dogged and connected reporter I’ve ever been around, and Taylor’s work behind the scenes is priceless.

And I’ve saved the last word here for Jeff Howe. Jeff is more than just a co-worker. He is a friend and he is someone I have seen grow and develop from a young reporter to one who takes the utmost care and pride in his work. It has been exciting to see all of this transpire over the last 10 years. I wouldn’t trade the experience for anything.

Of course, my work for the network didn’t just involve the Texas site initially. I was an original partner in 247Sports and have worked with so many talented and hard-working people through the years. There are literally too many to name and most of them you have never heard of because they spend their time supporting the network behind the scenes, with the recruiting database, with customer service, with technology, with accounting to make sure everyone gets paid on time, etc. You get the picture.

I’d also like to thank Shannon Terry, the former CEO of 247, and Jeff Gerttula who now oversees 247 for CBS Interactive. Shannon remains one of my best friends to this day and Jeff has been nothing but supportive.

So with that, I say farewell. And, may the Longhorns find some consistency on offense and keep improving on defense. Big 12 Championship or bust.

Hook’em Horns!

20 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

Burton

Hide contents

I thought for a few hours about how to start this column, and really nothing poignant or revelatory came to me. So I guess I’ll just cut to the chase.

Today will be my last day writing for Horns247. After 10 years on the site, I have decided to move on. It’s been a hell of a ride. Jeff Howe, Gerry Hamilton and myself started the site from nothing. Along with just a few other sites, we helped start the 247Sports network, and now 247 is considered the industry standard.

Along the way Mike Roach started contributing to the site, first as a part timer and then into the role he has today, where he covers recruiting in a manner I am very proud of. A couple of years ago we merged with a former Scout site and that added Chip Brown and Taylor Estes to the mix. They are both outstanding. Chip is perhaps the most dogged and connected reporter I’ve ever been around, and Taylor’s work behind the scenes is priceless.

And I’ve saved the last word here for Jeff Howe. Jeff is more than just a co-worker. He is a friend and he is someone I have seen grow and develop from a young reporter to one who takes the utmost care and pride in his work. It has been exciting to see all of this transpire over the last 10 years. I wouldn’t trade the experience for anything.

Of course, my work for the network didn’t just involve the Texas site initially. I was an original partner in 247Sports and have worked with so many talented and hard-working people through the years. There are literally too many to name and most of them you have never heard of because they spend their time supporting the network behind the scenes, with the recruiting database, with customer service, with technology, with accounting to make sure everyone gets paid on time, etc. You get the picture.

I’d also like to thank Shannon Terry, the former CEO of 247, and Jeff Gerttula who now oversees 247 for CBS Interactive. Shannon remains one of my best friends to this day and Jeff has been nothing but supportive.

So with that, I say farewell. And, may the Longhorns find some consistency on offense and keep improving on defense. Big 12 Championship or bust.

Hook’em Horns!

creating new site/network i assume?

wonder if it includes IT/Gerry H?

seems like a super weird day to do it - 11/11/20?

Clendon Ross: A Peaceful Transition of Power

Almost 23 years ago, way back in December of 1997, Michael Pearle and I bought Inside Texas from its founder Robert Heard. Robert’s hard-edged, take-no-prisoners style appealed to many Longhorn fans, including me, disillusioned with a decade-plus of Texas football mediocrity. Michael and I couldn’t have picked a better time to take over the business. Within days of the purchase, DeLoss Dodds introduced Mack Brown as the new Texas head coach. Fortuitous timing, no doubt, but running this business has never been easy.

Over these last 23 years, we’ve had to reinvent the publication multiple times, either to adjust to constantly evolving content delivery technology (when we took over, our product consisted of a print newsletter, a fax service and a 900 line!) or to personnel losses. And after a strong run for the football program from 1998-2009, we’ve had to deal with a similar decade of discontent that plagued Heard’s tenure as owner.

Frankly speaking, the best case business scenario for a publication like IT is huge on-the-field success -or- huge on-the-field failure for the team. Worst case scenario? Mediocrity. Not great but also not terrible. That’s where we’ve been for much of the 2010s. I’m extremely proud that we’ve been able to weather that mediocrity and even grow, particularly as an independent publication in this age of networks.

That’s a testament to our community of users (that’s you!) and the content team that we’ve put in place over the last decade, and Eric Nahlin has been integral in assembling that team and producing interesting, accurate and fun content. Eric is perfectly suited to take the ownership reins and build an even better Inside Texas experience for all of you.

Before signing off, I want to thank Michael, my long-time business partner.  We had some amazing experiences through the years, none better than our IT biz lunches that were largely an excuse to sample Mexican food all over the city. We really should have written that book on Austin Tex-Mex! And I want to thank each of you reading this note. Without you, there wouldn’t be an Inside Texas for Michael and I to sell or for Eric and team to buy.

I’m excited to see what the future holds — I’m hopeful for mediocrity in the rearview mirror, lots of Longhorn wins and incredible Inside Texas success. Hook’em!

Clendon

Clendon Ross: New investor team recapitalizes historic Texas sports news brand, and plans to grow staff and coverage

(Austin, Texas) Today, an investor team lead by reporter Eric Nahlin announces the purchase of InsideTexas.com and its assets. Inside Texas is the longest operating independent University of Texas news service, now in its 35th year.

“Inside Texas, or IT, has always been a respected source for objective information and recruiting news for Longhorn fans, especially those who want a deeper discussion of the game,” said Nahlin. “Our editorial staff represents a group of seasoned analysts and reporters who put in the hard work to understand the game, and develop their craft, as well as relationships. With this transaction, we are retaining the entire editorial staff, and in fact, have plans to grow in the coming year.”

Known as a safe, anonymous place for insiders to share information, Inside Texas is well known for pseudonyms to protect the identity of its sources. The Big Cigar, the Asset, and other disguises have added detailed personal context to the sports coverage.

“Our investor group represents a small group of successful professionals, whose expertise spans world-wide entertainment, law, investment banking, and sports marketing,” said Nahlin. “With their support, IT is poised to produce an ultra-premium product for its readers, delivered on an expanding digital platform. But each owner’s contribution starts from the same place, a deep love for their alma mater and a determination to make a lasting imprint on the Texas information landscape.”

Inside Texas premiered in 1985 under the leadership of award-winning journalist Robert Heard. In addition to his many professional contributions, Heard was notable for being a survivor of Charles Whitman's gunfire from the UT Tower tragedy of 1966. In 1997, Clendon Ross and Michael Pearle bought IT from Heard, transforming Inside Texas from a print periodical to one of the first digital news services covering Texas sports.

“Since coming on board in late 2011, Eric has been integral in building the vibrant content machine that you see today at InsideTexas.com,” said Ross. “He is a great fit to continue the IT legacy of sharp-witted commentary with a dash of humor and a whole lotta passion for the ‘Horns. Michael and I are excited to see what Eric and team have in store.”

Nahlin and the investor group become IT’s third owner in its 35 years of service. Nahlin joined Inside Texas in 2011 as a part-time staff writer, and progressed to a full-time feature writer and editor. “Our team is excited about this transaction, and we have ambitious plans to grow a product that we are very personally committed to. We will work tirelessly to continue to improve the value of an Inside Texas subscription. Stay tuned.”

Michael Pearle: It's been a great ride...

Hey everybody -- happy Monday! Just wanted to say a few words on today's big news.

Getting to co-publish Inside Texas these last 23 years, and to cover the team and university I love so much, was a dream come true. Clendon and I began with a paper newsletter mailed out to subscribers in envelopes, a fax service we sent clattering out to homes and businesses across the state and country, and yes, even a 900-line we would update with practice reports and recruiting nuggets (you know you called it!) Today, we have a dynamic web presence, a thriving message board, in depth and detailed coverage of all the Longhorn teams, a magazine, and recruiting coverage that is everything a junky like myself could want. The IT staff covers Longhorn sports I daresay better than any one else in the market, and to me it’s not even close. So I am proud of how far IT has come since those long ago days of the 90s, and am certain its future is bright.

Before I sign off, I want to give a special thank you to Clendon Ross, my partner and friend for over 20 years. Clendon is the guy that has handled the dirty work of the business - paying the bills, handling subscriber issues, taking care of internet and website problems, working with staff, keeping the budget, haggling with lawyers, and probably a hundred other things I am not even aware of. Without Clendon’s work, there is no IT as we know it today. Thanks, Clendon, I appreciate you. it’s been a great ride.

I particularly want to offer Eric Nahlin my congratulations. When Robert Heard took me on way back in 1995, paying me $25 an article to cover football practice and games, he did his best to make sure whatever I wrote was worth a damn. Robert loved and cared about writing, worrying as much about the way a piece sounded as he did about what it conveyed. In Eric Nahlin, IT has a writer of which I believe Mr. Heard would be proud. Believe me when I say it can be a daunting challenge to write about college football and recruiting on a daily basis in a way that remains fresh, relevant, and entertaining. But Eric does just that, routinely. I am a fan, and I wish him all the best as he and his team take Inside Texas forward.

Lastly, I just want to thank all of the subscribers, both old and new, who truly make IT what it is. What a great community of Longhorn fanatics! Thanks for being there - you all are the best. Take care, hook ‘em, and we’ll see you on the boards! (And I will continue to like Malaise's posts!!) (And Toadvine’s posts!!)

Edited by satyanash
  • Hook 'Em 1

22 minutes ago, Thiefery said:

hmmm wonder if Burton is part of that investor group?

I don't think so. This was done this summer. I guess I just assumed it was all public while I was gone. Surprised it's taken this long to get it out publicly. I honestly thought it was all disclosed and such ahead of the season.

• Hook 'Em 1

22 hours ago, Thiefery said:

21 hours ago, closetojumping said:

I don't think so. This was done this summer. I guess I just assumed it was all public while I was gone. Surprised it's taken this long to get it out publicly. I honestly thought it was all disclosed and such ahead of the season.

LeeCorso.gif I guess. 

On 11/16/2020 at 10:58 AM, Thiefery said:

On 11/16/2020 at 11:23 AM, closetojumping said:

4 hours ago, closetojumping said:

LeeCorso.gif I guess. 

33 minutes ago, satyanash said:

You'll have to be more specific

tenor.gif?itemid=14066673

19 hours ago, Thiefery said:

So Burton is part of it..maybe?

Spoiler

Austin, Texas - Bobby Burton, a 30-plus year college recruiting expert has joined InsideTexas.com. Burton’s move marks the first major development for Inside Texas since the news service announced its new ownership team on Monday.

“I first read Inside Texas as a college student and have admired it ever since,” said Burton. “As a competitor for the last ten years, I know there is no smarter read on the Longhorns anywhere, nor is there a place with better discussion or insider news.”

Burton launched National Recruiting Advisor in 1993, and in 2001 became the Editor-In-Chief of Rivals. For the last ten years, Burton has acted as partner and publisher of Horns24/7. Notable for his recruiting insight, Burton has been called upon as an expert guest or columnist by the likes of ESPN, Fox, CBS, and The Sporting News

Inside Texas’ managing partner Eric Nahlin added, “When we announced our intention to take Inside Texas to another level and increase the value of an IT subscription, moves like today’s are exactly what we had in mind. We’re determined to bring our audience elite coverage of one of the truly marquee sports teams, world-wide. Bobby, just as we all are, is committed to providing the best information to the fans who follow their beloved program with unmatched passion. The team here is ecstatic and anxious to learn from one of the best.”

On Monday, November 16th, Nahlin announced a recapitalization of Inside Texas, and a new ownership team. The longest operating independent University of Texas news service, Inside Texas premiered in 1985. Nahlin and the new investor group became IT’s third owner in its 35 years of service. Known as a safe, anonymous place for insiders to share information, Inside Texas is well known for pseudonyms to protect the identity of its sources. The Big Cigar, the Asset, and other disguises have added detailed personal context to the sports coverage.

“Simply put, I couldn’t be more excited to work with Bobby again,” said national recruiting expert Gerry Hamilton, who also recently joined Inside Texas. “ Bobby is one of the two or three most successful people in our profession. Rest assured, the future of Inside Texas is in great hands with the team we’ve assembled.”

“Eric Nahlin, Gerry Hamilton, Justin Wells, Paul Wadlington, Ian Boyd, and Joe Cook, are an all-star team, hands down. I’m honored to join, and really excited about our prospects, just as I’m excited about the future of Longhorn sports,” Burton finished.

Yes, he is

• Hook 'Em 1