$9.95 worth every penny

futureman

3 minutes ago, RGBIII said:
  Hide contents

Austin, Texas - Bobby Burton, a 30-plus year college recruiting expert has joined InsideTexas.com. Burton’s move marks the first major development for Inside Texas since the news service announced its new ownership team on Monday.

“I first read Inside Texas as a college student and have admired it ever since,” said Burton. “As a competitor for the last ten years, I know there is no smarter read on the Longhorns anywhere, nor is there a place with better discussion or insider news.”

Burton launched National Recruiting Advisor in 1993, and in 2001 became the Editor-In-Chief of Rivals. For the last ten years, Burton has acted as partner and publisher of Horns24/7. Notable for his recruiting insight, Burton has been called upon as an expert guest or columnist by the likes of ESPN, Fox, CBS, and The Sporting News

Inside Texas’ managing partner Eric Nahlin added, “When we announced our intention to take Inside Texas to another level and increase the value of an IT subscription, moves like today’s are exactly what we had in mind. We’re determined to bring our audience elite coverage of one of the truly marquee sports teams, world-wide. Bobby, just as we all are, is committed to providing the best information to the fans who follow their beloved program with unmatched passion. The team here is ecstatic and anxious to learn from one of the best.”

On Monday, November 16th, Nahlin announced a recapitalization of Inside Texas, and a new ownership team. The longest operating independent University of Texas news service, Inside Texas premiered in 1985. Nahlin and the new investor group became IT’s third owner in its 35 years of service. Known as a safe, anonymous place for insiders to share information, Inside Texas is well known for pseudonyms to protect the identity of its sources. The Big Cigar, the Asset, and other disguises have added detailed personal context to the sports coverage.

“Simply put, I couldn’t be more excited to work with Bobby again,” said national recruiting expert Gerry Hamilton, who also recently joined Inside Texas. “ Bobby is one of the two or three most successful people in our profession. Rest assured, the future of Inside Texas is in great hands with the team we’ve assembled.”

“Eric Nahlin, Gerry Hamilton, Justin Wells, Paul Wadlington, Ian Boyd, and Joe Cook, are an all-star team, hands down. I’m honored to join, and really excited about our prospects, just as I’m excited about the future of Longhorn sports,” Burton finished.

Yes, he is

i had a gut feeling when the IT news hit twitter.. a few days after Burton resigned from 247.. this shit is in his blood.. IT does have a solid lineup.. I enjoy Paul, Cook and Gerry.

Just now, Thiefery said:

i had a gut feeling when the IT news hit twitter.. a few days after Burton resigned from 247.. this shit is in his blood.. IT does have a solid lineup.. I enjoy Paul, Cook and Gerry.

Really a huge get for them and a gigantic blow to 247...

6 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

Really a huge get for them and a gigantic blow to 247...

I do like the work Roach and Harris put in as far as recruiting for 247.. but as far as the articles.. I really don't find much with Howe, FCB, Dime Piece Taylor..  Burton had decent write ups, grades post game and now he's gone.

As much as I shit on OB like everyone else.. Anwar is the source inside and McComas is pretty good with the basketball and baseball coverage.. everyone else  sucks..  But one thing Ketch provides me, is entertaining croot stories of 20/25 years ago

Edited by Thiefery

4 minutes ago, Thiefery said:

I do like the work Roach and Harris put in as far as recruiting for 247.. but as far as the articles.. I really don't find much with Howe, FCB, Dime Piece Taylor..  Burton had decent write ups, grades post game and now he's gone.

As much as I shit on OB like everyone else.. Anwar is the source inside and McComas is pretty good with the basketball and baseball coverage.. everyone else  sucks..  But one thing Ketch provides me, is entertaining croot stories of 20/25 years ago

I like Roach and Harris but I think IT beats their recruiting coverage and when it comes to articles its no contest. Really Howe is the only dude that seems worth a damn over there now. Never been on OB

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

I like Roach and Harris but I think IT beats their recruiting coverage and when it comes to articles its no contest. Really Howe is the only dude that seems worth a damn over there now. Never been on OB

The way Burton was gloating about Howe on his final write up for 247.. makes me think he will be joining their staff soon enough

• Hook 'Em 1

Horns247 board is blowing up... Folks are gonna try Inside Texas 😂😂😂

FUCK CHIP BROWN is trying to hold things together:    "Like I said yesterday, we love Bobby (and wish him the best!) but we are as connected as we've ever been."

Here's a link if you want to check out the Bobby Burton to IT thread at 247

https://247sports.com/college/texas/board/21/Contents/bobby-burton-to-inside-texas-154968660/?page=1

A few minutes ago a 247 member posted about IT:  "Thanks for sharing. That is what I am looking for. Straightforwardness on the coaching search part. Bobby just wrote a blistering article on Herman and the excuses he’s constantly using."

giphy.gif

Edited by LTtxfan
  • Hook 'Em 1

Well. File this turn of events under the "Knock me over with a fucking feather" category. But first, let me just say Fuck Chip Brown with some meat hooks and go ahead and get that out of the way.

I wouldn't have expected this to be the thing to draw me back to the recruiting board for a bit, but this is a pretty interesting turn of events. You don't see this kind of shifting in the $9.95 world all that often. I'm not going to sit here and speculate what happened to Burton with 247, or if his contract as the publisher of Hook Em was up, or this just presented a better opportunity, but that's an eye opening move. Because I was under the impression Burton, after being part of 2 big recruiting exits, and as a publisher of the Hook Em site, was doing pretty prettaaaay well for himself. You'd think it would take a hell of a carrot to move that guy elsewhere. 

One thing that's pretty interesting, considering IT is the last $9.95 membership I've retained, is that you're now looking at a pretty unique cross-section of talent. Burton and Gerry were involved with Orangebloods when it was the unquestioned top of the food chain of UT sports reporting. Bobby is super plugged into boosters, and Gerry is basically unmatched in the world of recruiting evaluation. In fact, the last time he left and bolted for ESPN there's been a void in terms of true evaluation that we've all been missing that wasn't filled until he popped up back at IT this summer. Eric and Justin are probably the best guys doing pure recruiting right now, and have been for awhile. So now under one roof you've basically got 2 guys that helped invent this industry and two other guys who have been as good as anyone else the past 4-5 years. I feel like the value/quality of my monthly membership just went way, way up. Usually you get maybe 1-2 high points involved in a $9.95 sub, now you've got 3-4. When your options in the market are IT, an obese tax-fraud who thinks he's a radio host, and mike Roach breaking recruiting stories the week after national signing day in February while Chip Brown writes hit pieces against Texas during recruiting battles, I'd say your market leader is a pretty obvious choice. I'd be shocked if this isn't step 1 of bigger things to come. Should be fun for all of us to watch

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Fud said:

So all the idiots from 247 are going to IT now? Great.. 

Funny you mentioned that. I'd argue that Eric and others having to suddenly learn how to suffer fools at a better clip might be one of the hardest obstacles ahead of them for this. Maybe they can just punt that shit to Burton and Gerry. 

30 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:
Well. File this turn of events under the "Knock me over with a fucking feather" category. But first, let me just say Fuck Chip Brown with some meat hooks and go ahead and get that out of the way.

I wouldn't have expected this to be the thing to draw me back to the recruiting board for a bit, but this is a pretty interesting turn of events. You don't see this kind of shifting in the $9.95 world all that often. I'm not going to sit here and speculate what happened to Burton with 247, or if his contract as the publisher of Hook Em was up, or this just presented a better opportunity, but that's an eye opening move. Because I was under the impression Burton, after being part of 2 big recruiting exits, and as a publisher of the Hook Em site, was doing pretty prettaaaay well for himself. You'd think it would take a hell of a carrot to move that guy elsewhere. 

One thing that's pretty interesting, considering IT is the last $9.95 membership I've retained, is that you're now looking at a pretty unique cross-section of talent. Burton and Gerry were involved with Orangebloods when it was the unquestioned top of the food chain of UT sports reporting. Bobby is super plugged into boosters, and Gerry is basically unmatched in the world of recruiting evaluation. In fact, the last time he left and bolted for ESPN there's been a void in terms of true evaluation that we've all been missing that wasn't filled until he popped up back at IT this summer. Eric and Justin are probably the best guys doing pure recruiting right now, and have been for awhile. So now under one roof you've basically got 2 guys that helped invent this industry and two other guys who have been as good as anyone else the past 4-5 years. I feel like the value/quality of my monthly membership just went way, way up. Usually you get maybe 1-2 high points involved in a $9.95 sub, now you've got 3-4. When your options in the market are IT, an obese tax-fraud who thinks he's a radio host, and mike Roach breaking recruiting stories the week after national signing day in February while Chip Brown writes hit pieces against Texas during recruiting battles, I'd say your market leader is a pretty obvious choice. I'd be shocked if this isn't step 1 of bigger things to come. Should be fun for all of us to watch

Agree with this for sure, they are the obvious 995 leader and I dont see how any of the other sites can catch up, its a damn near monopoly 

2 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

Agree with this for sure, they are the obvious 995 leader and I dont see how any of the other sites can catch up, its a damn near monopoly 

The only guys who can keep them honest at this point are TFB. Fortunately this market really only needs 2 quality sites per school, imo. 247 and OB have been worthless for years and a decade now, respectively. 

1 minute ago, SydneyCarton said:

The only guys who can keep them honest at this point are TFB. Fortunately this market really only needs 2 quality sites per school, imo. 247 and OB have been worthless for years and a decade now, respectively. 

I really enjoy TFB as well, those are the only 2 subscriptions I have currently. I had 247 but cancelled because it just wasnt worth it anymore, they have really taken a step back

• Hook 'Em 1