$9.95 worth every penny

futureman

18 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Roach is currently retweeting every high school coach/analyst begging for McGuire to become Baylor's HC. The TXHSFB bubble is so weird.

Roach apparently is as much of a jock sniffer as EJ was, just in his own way. 

I'd be really intrigued to see Maguire to get the job, and then hire a staff composed entirely of Texas HS coaches. Fucking bring that shit on, imo. 

Edited by SydneyCarton

16 minutes ago, texifornia said:

He's that useless kid from Baylor's site, Bears Illustrated

He'll need to take pool notes and have someone else write because this is....I mean....

https://hornsports.com/index.php/2019/11/07/all-access-dajon-harrison-fulfills-familys-burnt-orange-bloodline-and-mothers-wish/

1 hour ago, Goodman said:

Hopefully this means Roach can go back to selling Amway with his hot wife.

The only thing holding the fragile deck of cards that is Surly together is the time honored code by which all of us posters agree to abide. You know what you must do.

Edited by Burt Macklin
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:
1 hour ago, Goodman said:

Hopefully this means Roach can go back to selling Amway with his hot wife.

The only thing holding the fragile deck of cards that is Surly together is the time honored code by which all of us posters agree to abide. You know what you must do.

First, Macklin, you're getting lazy.  This was findable in 30 seconds from her publicly available twitter account:

EJYPI4NXYAAqF4b?format=jpg&name=small

DhTnkNgVAAADWtN?format=jpg&name=medium

Second, Goodman has a weird definition of "hot."  She's a generic Brenda-ass looking borderline-chonk "let me speak to the manager" kinda gal.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Katfid54 said:

First, Macklin, you're getting lazy.  This was findable in 30 seconds from her publicly available twitter account:

EJYPI4NXYAAqF4b?format=jpg&name=small

DhTnkNgVAAADWtN?format=jpg&name=medium

Second, Goodman has a weird definition of "hot."  She's a generic Brenda-ass looking borderline-chonk "let me speak to the manager" kinda gal.

First, you can go fuck yourself, pal. It’s not about whether I could find pictures of her if I tried. It’s the principle of the matter.

Second, yeah... “hot” is not a word I’d use to describe her. Those pictures are much more in line with what I thought Roach could pull. 

So, my issues with Roach thus far:

a) Deadly fucking boring. Dude hasn't quite learned he's not actually a journalist. There's an element of storytelling and surprise to recruiting. And even trolling - EJ didn't like Texas, but him poking aggy sometimes for shits and giggles was awesome. Roach treats a CB like a cancer diagnosis and by the time he puts it in, shit's terminal.

b) Don't give a shit about the Dallas Stars (go Sharks) or Buffalo Bills (go Texans). Even cat fancier extraordinaire EJ did a better job of keeping his Twitter generally Texas-related. Even his extracurricular nonsense was generally funny to kick around.

c) No sources. EJ at least gave a point of view. Sure it was the world's most corrupt trainers and loudmouth recruits, but it was SOMETHING we could bat around.

d) He's totally starstruck with the TXHSFB corches. I don't know if this is an attempt to groom sources or what, but it's kind of embarrassing at this point. He retweets them and flatters them constantly, and when one strikes it big-ish (Traylor, Jones, McGuire) he attaches himself to their dick with a quickness that would make a candiru proud.

In total, he's not very entertaining, he doesn't bring any new info, and he's attached himself to a pretty boring group of people that don't particularly like Texas football. 

And. Scene.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, texifornia said:

So, my issues with Roach thus far:

a) Deadly fucking boring. Dude hasn't quite learned he's not actually a journalist. There's an element of storytelling and surprise to recruiting. And even trolling - EJ didn't like Texas, but him poking aggy sometimes for shits and giggles was awesome. Roach treats a CB like a cancer diagnosis and by the time he puts it in, shit's terminal.

b) Don't give a shit about the Dallas Stars (go Sharks) or Buffalo Bills (go Texans). Even cat fancier extraordinaire EJ did a better job of keeping his Twitter generally Texas-related. Even his extracurricular nonsense was generally funny to kick around.

c) No sources. EJ at least gave a point of view. Sure it was the world's most corrupt trainers and loudmouth recruits, but it was SOMETHING we could bat around.

d) He's totally starstruck with the TXHSFB corches. I don't know if this is an attempt to groom sources or what, but it's kind of embarrassing at this point. He retweets them and flatters them constantly, and when one strikes it big-ish (Traylor, Jones, McGuire) he attaches himself to their dick with a quickness that would make a candiru proud.

In total, he's not very entertaining, he doesn't bring any new info, and he's attached himself to a pretty boring group of people that don't particularly like Texas football. 

And. Scene.

Just a few years ago, my opinion of Roach was pretty high. He was a very good listen on Hornscast (the podcast he co-hosted with @OnAComputer) and took the time to properly scout recruit and share his evaluations which were pretty accurate and in-depth. He also wasn't drunk on the kool-aid, didn't talk in circles or spin fantastical tales of BS like the other $9.95-ers, and generally knew his stuff. Don't know what happened since then.

8 minutes ago, satyanash said:

Just a few years ago, my opinion of Roach was pretty high. He was a very good listen on Hornscast (the podcast he co-hosted with @OnAComputer) and took the time to properly scout recruit and share his evaluations which were pretty accurate and in-depth. He also wasn't drunk on the kool-aid, didn't talk in circles or spin fantastical tales of BS like the other $9.95-ers, and generally knew his stuff. Don't know what happened since then.

Anoxic brain injury?

• Like 1