Andrew Yang for prez...

SKJ

He's definitely a fucking code talker

You must understand, I fucking hate that fuck. I can't stand watching his bullshit on Rogan, and others, and he turns my stomach.

But in terms of getting Yang some name recognition? Sheet... 

1 hour ago, Hank Kingsley said:

I like Yang. I do not like trolls.

Does he want to be taken seriously? He better be careful that 4chan, etc. don't sabotage his message. 

Yeah I’m puzzled bc I don’t understand that whole world.  But I do like Yang.  

Well ok Mr Yang.

I mean, he's actually pushing a candidacy of ideas.

From his recent email:

Both Iowa and New Hampshire, along with nearly the entire country, are struggling with opiates.  A student asked me this question in Marshalltown, Iowa: “I have friends walking around my high school with fentanyl patches on their arms who are already addicted to opiates.  A lot of them would never tell anyone they have a problem because they think they’d go to jail.  Would you consider decriminalizing opiates?  I think more people would be able to get help.”  

I answered:  “I’m on board with decriminalizing marijuana use—in part because it’s a safer way to manage pain for many people—but I have to look into what decriminalizing opiates would mean for Americans.  I’d be open to it if it seemed like it would help us get people healthier faster.”    

I’ve been looking into it.  A couple other countries have taken this step and it has improved public health.  Portugaldecriminalized these drugs in 2001; if caught with a small amount of opiates, you have the drugs taken away and are referred to treatment and counseling.  This had dramatic positive effects—today, the drug-related death rate in Portugal is five times lower than the E.U. average and one-fiftieth (2%) of the US.  Portugal is not the US.  But its example may be helpful.  

We have an addiction crisis on our hands.  More than 11 million Americans are addicted to opiates right now.  8 Americans are dying of drug overdoses every hour.  

For many Americans, the progression goes from Oxycontin to heroin to fentanyl, progressively cheaper ways to get similar effects.  This opiate crisis began when Purdue Pharma flooded the market with enough Oxycontin for hundreds of thousands of Americans under the pretense that it was a non-addictive painkiller.  They were fined $635 million by the government for fraudulent marketing.  But they made $30 billion.  That means they paid a 2% fine for unleashing a plague that is killing tens of thousands of Americans each year. That's more Americans than died in the Vietnam War.  

To me, the Federal Government screwed up by turning a blind eye when Purdue Pharma was initiating this plague.  We should do everything in our power to give more Americans a fighting chance to free themselves from addiction and get well.  It is destroying families and communities before our eyes.  

It is possible that criminalizing opiates decreases access and use.  But for a public health crisis of this magnitude, the criminal justice system seems to be a terrible first resort.  It pushes a lot of the activity underground and makes addicts more likely to hide their addiction.  Addiction is a disease—you shouldn't criminalize people that you are trying to help.  Especially when it may be partially your fault that they got addicted in the first place. 

I am increasingly open to the idea that we should explore decriminalizing opiates to some extent in order to more effectively address the public health crisis.  We have to face facts.  Millions of Americans are using these drugs right now.  The priority should be doing all we can to help, not punishing people and pushing the behavior into the dark.  Portugal may have gotten it right.    

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SKJ said:

For many Americans, the progression goes from Oxycontin to heroin to fentanyl, progressively cheaper ways to get similar effects.  This opiate crisis began when Purdue Pharma flooded the market with enough Oxycontin for hundreds of thousands of Americans under the pretense that it was a non-addictive painkiller.  They were fined $635 million by the government for fraudulent marketing.  But they made $30 billion.  That means they paid a 2% fine for unleashing a plague that is killing tens of thousands of Americans each year. That's more Americans than died in the Vietnam War.  

The bolded part is what's so fucked up. Probably a lot of those from Purdue would do it again, knowing what they know now, and would justify it by a belief that people are in pain. Cost of doing business. They get away with it because the pharma lobby is one of the most powerful in America. 

I've been thinking about this a lot. Also, what would happen if you legalized hard drugs adn put the money from the drug war into education and treatment. I think everyone would be better off. Except the druglords but fuck them, they should have gotten theirs by now. 

Edited by horncyclist

Bullneck, Jr. goes to school with a boy named Andrew Yang.  I picked my boy up from school once and he said that Yang walked into the classroom after recess and said,  "Guess who's back?  Andrew Yang!" (Eminem style).

That's all I got.

$1000 a month for hoodrats will all go to Walmart.  Buy WMT when Yang gets to 1600 Pennsylvania. 

so lets do the math.  If we go with 200,000,000 American adults, each with $1000 /month, isn't that $200 Billion A MONTH in cash disbursements, or $2.4 TRILLION annually. Is my math correct? 

Also, his idea for a psychologist for the WH is so damn funny. Can you imagine the power of this guy to manipulate the President? Suppose it's Yang and of course, he's going to appoint his psychologist brother for the job.  Rule the world mofos! 

Edited by NowThis

Yeah, I wish Shapiro would debate him on Ubi or any number of his positions, but at this point, any media is good media for Yang.

The truth if the matter is that Ubi should carry him into the white House on its own. No one else sees it. The automation of factory jobs brought us Trump. How are we doing on fixing that?

Well, considering only one person has an idea that would fix it in this whole presidential clusterfuck, I guess we'll never know. We're all just going to watch the world burn with these dumbass policies from anyone else. 

And yes, 2.4 trillion is the number, but it's much smaller once you consider that even the savings from it will cut it in half, then a VAT that will help us actually capture taxes from Amazon, Google, Facebook, and others, since they live tax free.

Yang is getting any part of media he can get in order to save this shithole of a country. The meme war helped get us Trump, so why not use it to get us an actual smart person?

Edited by SKJ

Have you seen every one of his appearances?

He's trying.

But everyone dismisses the idea because, and I'm just guessing here,  but the self serving stupidity of the elites don't want to give it a lot of thought.

Plus, the whole bootstrapping meme from the whole of the spectrum from the shitlibs to the right wing think it's unamerican to enact.

It doesn't matter. We're going to elect another hollow shell, like Obama

Why is he gonna debate about getting cut? This is dumb if true. There is no real right and wrong about it. To each his own. I don't get why this is a discussion?

Shapiro only gonna say it adheres to historical wisdom and religiously correct practices ...and ribbed for her pleasure.

Yang is gonna say, it is more sensitive but takes more work to maintain...only real men can handle. Uncut is not for the lazy, or something. I don't know because who cares?

Yang is going to say that it shouldn't be pushed by doctors as some sort of medical necessity. It's not.

Shapiro is going to droll on about culture, to which Yang is going to say it's perfectly fine to do if that's your belief, but it's not a true medical procedure.

It's a silly debate. But it's access to a lot more eyes and ears. It's not like CNN has set up a town hall for him, since they think his policies are fringe... The actuality of it are there is more inertia in the status quo, which is empty policy and nonsense bullshit feel-good speeches with little-to-no policy behind them. 

1 hour ago, SKJ said:

Yeah, I wish Shapiro would debate him on Ubi or any number of his positions, but at this point, any media is good media for Yang.

The truth if the matter is that Ubi should carry him into the white House on its own. No one else sees it. The automation of factory jobs brought us Trump. How are we doing on fixing that?

Well, considering only one person has an idea that would fix it in this whole presidential clusterfuck, I guess we'll never know. We're all just going to watch the world burn with these dumbass policies from anyone else. 

And yes, 2.4 trillion is the number, but it's much smaller once you consider that even the savings from it will cut it in half, then a VAT that will help us actually capture taxes from Amazon, Google, Facebook, and others, since they live tax free.

Yang is getting any part of media he can get in order to save this shithole of a country. The meme war helped get us Trump, so why not use it to get us an actual smart person?

The $2.4 trillion isn't going to Amazon but cars, higher rents, clothes, strip clubs, HYPER INFLATION, and other shit where the sales tax won't make up for the biggest deficit in human history X 100 bazillion. I think Yang should be deported to a Chinese slave camp. Ok?