2020 ATH Mookie Cooper

thepop

• 3 weeks later...

Well, at least we got this out of the way less than a month after he committed. So weird. Kid has been all Texas for more than a year. goes to Champaign, IL one time and opens it up? Have y'all ever been to Champaign? It's a shit hole in the middle of nowhere. Oh well, adios Mookie. 

5 minutes ago, irishtexan said:

Well, at least we got this out of the way less than a month after he committed. So weird. Kid has been all Texas for more than a year. goes to Champaign, IL one time and opens it up? Have y'all ever been to Champaign? It's a shit hole in the middle of nowhere. Oh well, adios Mookie. 

650.gif

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, irishtexan said:

Still early. He might end up with us eventually.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, irishtexan said:

goes to Champaign, IL one time and opens it up? 

Think you answered your own question there.  Their wallets are open up there.  Reminds me of Marquez Beason and Isaiah Williams in last year's class who committed early and quickly.  Apparently they're intent on $ecuring the St Louis market too: I.Williams, S.Cooper, M.Cooper, M.Okpala, J.Plohr, etc.

1 minute ago, Scholz said:

Think you answered your own question there.  Their wallets are open up there.  Reminds me of Marquez Beason and Isaiah Williams in last year's class who committed early and quickly.  Apparently they're intent on $ecuring the St Louis market too: I.Williams, S.Cooper, M.Cooper, M.Okpala, J.Plohr, etc.

Seems like a pretty good strategy for a school like Illinois, considering there are no ramifications for cheating these days.

Illinois hired their old high school coach, who they all seem to love, a few years back. This has been the biggest driver.

20 minutes ago, Capn81 said:

Illinois hired their old high school coach, who they all seem to love, a few years back. This has been the biggest driver.

Uh huh. And Mookie didn’t know this for the past year and half that he’s been all Texas to the point of promoting our school to Marcus Washington until he immediately did a complete 180 after his first visit to Illinois? Makes sense.

It was flat out publicly stated that Marquez Beason was purchased by Illinois in the last class.

Edited by Scholz

19 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

Just wildly speculating here, but what do we think the going rate is for a top 100 skill player?  25k? 50?

If the kids come from a low socioeco background, it's probably on the lower end of that

9 minutes ago, 52-80 said:

If the kids come from a low socioeco background, it's probably on the lower end of that

so it's like a rookie contract scale in the NFL, and you're slotted into a specific under-the-table payment rate based on how much your dad makes?

Uh huh. And Mookie didn’t know this for the past year and half that he’s been all Texas to the point of promoting our school to Marcus Washington until he immediately did a complete 180 after his first visit to Illinois? Makes sense.
It was flat out publicly stated that Marquez Beason was purchased by Illinois in the last class.

Link?