Protest Songs

cactusflinthead

One more from 1968...  I was too young to remember it but 1968 was just an bitch of a year. Literally you never knew what was going happen from month to month.

January - LBJ decides not to run

March - McCarthy picks up momentum in primaries

April - Assassination of King

May- RFK wins primaries and gain momentum

June - RFK - assasinated

August - Democratic convention riots

November - Nixon elected

December - Apollo circles moon

• Hook 'Em 1

• 11 months later...

I spent the last thirty minutes rambling about Joe Hill, Otis Gibbs, Hayes Carll and some other shit I should probably forget. 

Otis Gibbs got Michelle Shocked's portion of Joe Hill's ashes in a pint of beer because Billy Bragg deemed him worthy of the honor. 

Yeah that will do.

And Gary Clark, Jr,

9 hours ago, cactusflinthead said:

I spent the last thirty minutes rambling about Joe Hill, Otis Gibbs, Hayes Carll and some other shit I should probably forget. 

Otis Gibbs got Michelle Shocked's portion of Joe Hill's ashes in a pint of beer because Billy Bragg deemed him worthy of the honor. 

Yeah that will do.

And Gary Clark, Jr,

He played this on Trevor Noah's show the other day and it was aired unedited.

1 hour ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

He played this on Trevor Noah's show the other day and it was aired unedited.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/entertainment/music/gary-clark-jr-was-supposed-to-save-the-blues-but-the-guitarist-would-rather-channel-curtis-mayfield/2019/03/27/39a29f5a-4f04-11e9-88a1-ed346f0ec94f_story.html

That shit happened. Did Trevor ask him about it?

55 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

I was only half paying attention.  It wasn't until the next morning that it even occurred to me to be surprised that they let us hear that many n bombs.