Rick and Morty

Goo Punch

39 minutes ago, Drew said:

Yeah sometimes I think Derka is just trying to not like something.  That was super funny.

lots of you think this every time i don't like something. it's pretty stupid, and y'all don't need to whine about it literally every single time. lest we forget the bombastic reactions when i suggested that shows like The Office, GoT, and Always Sunny were going downhill, only to have everyone else eventually come around to it.

that episode didn't make me laugh and it didn't "feel" like the previous seasons of Rick and Morty to me for whatever reason. Either way, how I felt about the show doesn't have to become an issue for you. why would i "try" not to like an episode of one of my favorite shows? come off it. 

Edited by Goo Punch

21 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:

lots of you think this every time i don't like something. it's pretty stupid, and y'all don't need to whine about it literally every single time. lest we forget the bombastic reactions when i suggested that shows like The Office, GoT, and Always Sunny were going downhill, only to have everyone else eventually come around to it.

that episode didn't make me laugh and it didn't "feel" like the previous seasons of Rick and Morty to me for whatever reason. Either way, how I felt about the show doesn't have to become an issue for you. why would i "try" not to like an episode of one of my favorite shows? come off it. 

I knew I shouldn't have said anything since you get butt hurt at the slightest hint of someone saying you're doing anything wrong.

Dude you do this all the time.  Just like people say I like everything and they can't take me seriously.  I don't get bent out of shape over it.  I own it.  You should do the same.

26 minutes ago, Drew said:

I knew I shouldn't have said anything since you get butt hurt at the slightest hint of someone saying you're doing anything wrong.

Dude you do this all the time.  Just like people say I like everything and they can't take me seriously.  I don't get bent out of shape over it.  I own it.  You should do the same.

you're not serious. you guys are the ones who get butthurt when i don't like an episode of a TV show, without fail. when i was posting about Always Sunny, GoT, or The Office none of my posts were ever an issue until i dared to not like the same thing one of you did. then it became a huge issue for everyone in the thread, replete with the whole "he's trying not to like the show" or the "he's doing this on purpose" lines. You guys are the ones whining and being victims. Same here. I've made how many posts about this show over the years? And how many of them were controversial until now? Oh. Gotcha. 

you then start your second paragraph with "dude you do this all the time". HA! again, is this a bit? when's the last time i "did this" (was critical of a TV show that i watch)? GoT, final season. so, months ago, and in the end everyone else ended up agreeing with me. when was the last time before that? Always Sunny, like two years ago. To you this constitutes "all the time". Don't let the fact that you guys are batting 1.000 when it comes to whining over me not liking a TV episode confuse you into thinking that i "do this all the time". you do this all of the time, overreacting every single time i dont feel the same way you do about a TV show. again, come off it.

Edited by Goo Punch

I sympathize with Derka. The premiere wasn't dead like the last few seasons of Archer, but it felt contrived. Were all the alt universe Ricks callbacks to Pocket Mortys or are they new DLC for the game? I'm not saying those scenes were humorless, but the alt-Rick bit seemed dead at the end of last season. I guess not entirely dead, but they were more amusing than funny. The ep did improve as we got deeper in and the end was pretty good, but it is hard to compete against previous greatness. Jessica's locker talk with her friends was good, but it can't top the docking discussion. Unless there is a long term narrative payoff, it still seems like last season ended at the wrong point and we're getting more of the same now. I'd be happy to be wrong.

I thought it was a pretty good episode. The thing that always gets me about the show is the bizarre creativity of it all -- Rick being reincarnated into a shrimp and then finding out he is in another fascist world, the wasp family eating Morty's teacher with the babies trying to escape, Morty symbiote with the tree, on and on. In that respect, the show stacks up with everything else in the series. I can't imagine how much drugs they have to do to make that shit up. 

I haven't really followed the online stuff, but apparently there is a lot of backlash created by a faction of really toxic fans. Again, I haven't really followed it and I don't really get it, but I guess the episode was a bit of a fuck you to them?

3 hours ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

I thought it was a pretty good episode. The thing that always gets me about the show is the bizarre creativity of it all -- Rick being reincarnated into a shrimp and then finding out he is in another fascist world, the wasp family eating Morty's teacher with the babies trying to escape, Morty symbiote with the tree, on and on. In that respect, the show stacks up with everything else in the series. I can't imagine how much drugs they have to do to make that shit up. 

I haven't really followed the online stuff, but apparently there is a lot of backlash created by a faction of really toxic fans. Again, I haven't really followed it and I don't really get it, but I guess the episode was a bit of a fuck you to them?

yeah, the R+M fanboyz do kinda ruin it for everyone. best to just ignore them

Loved that they basically started the season with basically a nod and giant middle finger to the hardcore fan base.

All the fascism in their universes telling Rick how to act or what to say, stop the political themes, or to stop with the meta commentary.

And summing it all up in their standard premiere/final shouting match. Sometimes we’ll do classic stuff, sometimes nothing, split the dif.

• Like 2

well all of this explains why it didn't "feel" like regular old Rick and Morty to me. they went the south park route and focused all of their attention on making some point as opposed to just making an amazing, original episode of TV. watching the episode being completely unaware of this apparent internet feuding between Dan Harmon and "hardcore" Rick and Morty fans, no wonder something seemed off. hopefully that was a one time thing.

23 hours ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

The thing that always gets me about the show is the bizarre creativity of it all

Same for me.  Like Morty figuring out the code to Rick's guns by using the crystal.  Reminds me of black mirror in that it establishes an alternate reality that we accept because they've made the scenarios just logical enough. 

On ‎11‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 9:40 PM, Goo Punch said:

well all of this explains why it didn't "feel" like regular old Rick and Morty to me. they went the south park route and focused all of their attention on making some point as opposed to just making an amazing, original episode of TV. watching the episode being completely unaware of this apparent internet feuding between Dan Harmon and "hardcore" Rick and Morty fans, no wonder something seemed off. hopefully that was a one time thing.

Except it was exactly that...while taking a shit on the mouth breathers.

• Like 1

Another swing-and-a-miss. The only thing that legit made me laugh was the, "but you've got Space Mount Everest? Go watch Space Beverly Hillbillies so my jokes can fucking land." The rest of it was forced and just not funny to me.

So far this season is unfortunately repeating Dan Harmon's history of producing three amazing seasons of a television comedy, followed by something that only visually resembles that show. 

This is like a universal law or something. I can't exist without you guys existing. The guy who says, "hey i've loved this show for three seasons but this one isn't doing it for me" can't exist without the entire crew of whiny children who all cry about it and *insist* that something fishy must be going on because nobody in the entire world could possibly not have the same opinion as them. fucking shut up. enjoy the show if you enjoy the show, but quit the fucking whining about me and my opinion. 

Edited by Goo Punch

and by the way, there's no surer sign that people aren't feeling this season than the lack of activity in this thread. if people were enjoying it they'd be posting about it. but they aren't, so they aren't. fucking weak ass peaky blinders gets more love than this show. now stop whining about differing opinions. i mean weren't you just lecturing me on taking things in stride and rolling with the punches? why don't you show me how that's done first, and then maybe i'll consider it. how bout that?

Oh, and *ANOTHER* thing- how do you guys not know by now that the more you protest my right to have my own opinion, the stronger my opinion is going to become? the more you cry about me not sharing your opinion, the harder i'm going to try and "prove you wrong". if you can just not whine about it for once in your entire posting history then it's over and done with the moment i hit "send". the more you fight me for not agreeing with you, the more i fight back. i can't believe i have to actually explain this to you. just do everyone a favor and put me on ignore if you can't help yourself but to whine every time i'm not slurping the latest episode. 

Edited by Goo Punch

7 hours ago, Goo Punch said:

Oh, and *ANOTHER* thing- how do you guys not know by now that the more you protest my right to have my own opinion, the stronger my opinion is going to become? the more you cry about me not sharing your opinion, the harder i'm going to try and "prove you wrong". 

spacer.png

• Like 5
  • Haha 4

Watched it last night.

Thought it was a solid episode. Liked Rick announcing that it was gonna be a solo Rick adventure. Which presented a amusingly bad Morty and Jerry adventure, lol the threat of punching even had my wife chuckling under her breath.(she is a reluctant viewer of R&M but enjoys the show without admitting to me)

Also after all the summer love in the last couple of seasons, it’s funny to see her annoying Rick to start this season.

The episodes that dive into the family dynamics seem to rub some people the wrong way. Too bad.

What I took away:
Rick wants to always control the shots, who gets to be his friend and when that happens.
Morty is becoming colder and isolated from his family and the threat of violence solves problems.
Summer wants some to love, I guess.
Beth is focused on being a mom now.
Jerry desperately wants approval and even his heaven is to deliver water well...

Over all middle of the road episode that did do a good job of showing another side of Rick’s self-hatred and depression and laser focus.

Loved the QR code war sequence

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Goo Punch said:

and by the way, there's no surer sign that people aren't feeling this season than the lack of activity in this thread. if people were enjoying it they'd be posting about it. but they aren't, so they aren't. fucking weak ass peaky blinders gets more love than this show. now stop whining about differing opinions. i mean weren't you just lecturing me on taking things in stride and rolling with the punches? why don't you show me how that's done first, and then maybe i'll consider it. how bout that?

Oh, and *ANOTHER* thing- how do you guys not know by now that the more you protest my right to have my own opinion, the stronger my opinion is going to become? the more you cry about me not sharing your opinion, the harder i'm going to try and "prove you wrong". if you can just not whine about it for once in your entire posting history then it's over and done with the moment i hit "send". the more you fight me for not agreeing with you, the more i fight back. i can't believe i have to actually explain this to you. just do everyone a favor and put me on ignore if you can't help yourself but to whine every time i'm not slurping the latest episode. 

Sir this is an arby's 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

The poop middle finger bomb had me laughing as loud as I have at a TV show in a long, long time. I had to pause it to stop laughing. I don't know why that one in particular provoked that response, but god damn it was funny. I love the mixture of shallow poop humor with a broader more thoughtful commentary on Rick's character and our app culture. The repetitiveness of "you wanna develop an app?" was funny. The creatures' lack of fighting ability brought the lulz. I loved the episode.