Rick and Morty

Goo Punch

On 4/1/2020 at 9:21 AM, Speedtrucker said:

Roiland’s new show solar opposites also drops fully on Hulu this month.

Don’t think it’s gonna be as great as R&M but it has potential to play that simpsons/family guy routine

May 8

9 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Is this and other cartoons still hand drawn, or computer in the style of hand drawn?

10 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Is this and other cartoons still hand drawn, or computer in the style of hand drawn?

Mostly digital, but there’s still some holdouts here and there.

Little article about how it was still being hand-drawn in South Korea (farmed our from the US), but even they were transitioning to digital.  
https://www.theatlantic.com/entertainment/archive/2016/05/a-new-age-of-animation/483342/

2 minutes ago, Prepuce of Doom said:

How were they referring to the various characters with the ripped abs that they called $#@ cutters? I don't watch the uncensored version (too lazy to do anything but DVR...) so can someone who streams it fill me in? 

Cum gutters. So ripped, the cum runs down one’s Apollo’s belt (the V) like water running down gutters 

I’ve never heard that outside of gay vernacular though. 

13 hours ago, crony said:

Easily the worst season so far

i didn't want to be the one to say it since the last time i criticized this show people ran to bellmont and asked immamac to ban me because of it. this season has sucked, and i'm sure i'm not alone when i say that this was my fear when i heard that they were signing up for a gazillion more episodes and then disappearing for a year and a half or whatever before coming back with new stuff. and then to top it off they only release five (really underwhelming) episodes at a time. it's been so bad that i had to unfollow the Rick and Morty subreddit because it's *nothing* but, "you son of bitch; i'm in!" memes, which were never funny to begin with. whatever mojo they had with seasons 1-3 has been lost, and i hope they can somehow recapture it, because if not, then is going to become Community 2.0 where everyone just acts like the show ended after 3 seasons even though it didn't. 

Edited by Goo Punch

It's like they read on the Internet that R&M was a clever show so now they're going out of their way to try and be extra clever....and it doesn't work.

I'm not ready to say it's all down hill from here (yet), but there a guy in a black jacket and water skis warming up.

• Like 1

On 5/5/2020 at 1:25 PM, Js1 said:

I liked the first half. I did not like this week’s episode 

This is where I'm at.  We re-watched episode 5 right before the new one dropped on Sunday, and the whole Snake world thing was fucking hilarious. "STAY IN THE FUCKING CAR MORTY!!!" 

S4 Episode 1 - The one with all the parallel universes was fantastic. Top notch R&M that was. 

Rick's personal Toilet episode was good. The dating app sub-plot was pretty funny. 

Heist episode was probably the best of the season so far. "YOUR BOOS MEAN NOTHING TO ME, I'VE SEEN WHAT MAKES YOU CHEER!"

can't remember what the other one was off the top of my head, but 4 out of 5 ain't bad. I would rewatch all of those any day. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Dutchrudder said:

This is where I'm at.  We re-watched episode 5 right before the new one dropped on Sunday, and the whole Snake world thing was fucking hilarious. "STAY IN THE FUCKING CAR MORTY!!!" 

S4 Episode 1 - The one with all the parallel universes was fantastic. Top notch R&M that was. 

Rick's personal Toilet episode was good. The dating app sub-plot was pretty funny. 

Heist episode was probably the best of the season so far. "YOUR BOOS MEAN NOTHING TO ME, I'VE SEEN WHAT MAKES YOU CHEER!"

can't remember what the other one was off the top of my head, but 4 out of 5 ain't bad. I would rewatch all of those any day. 

Heist episode is maybe one of my favorite episodes of R&M. 

For reference it was:

Death crystals and Rick clone multiverse
Rick's personal toilet
Heist
Morty's dragon and the talking cat
The snakes

14 hours ago, Dutchrudder said:

and the whole Snake world thing was fucking hilarious. "STAY IN THE FUCKING CAR MORTY!!!" 

I feel horrible for saying this, but I doubt we will see anything during the rest of however long the series continues, that will be as funny as the snake episode.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Js1 said:

Heist episode is maybe one of my favorite episodes of R&M. 

For reference it was:

Death crystals and Rick clone multiverse
Rick's personal toilet
Heist
Morty's dragon and the talking cat
The snakes

Ah yes, I forgot about the dragon episode. Wasn't a big fan of it at the time, but I haven't rewatched it yet. I have seen the other 4 at least 3 times each, they are excellent. 

Aside:  I watched the first couple of eps of the new roiland show on Hulu (they put them all up at once it looks like) and it felt like a rick and morty knock-off. The two main characters, at least one voiced by roiland so he can’t help but sound like rick, plus nuclear family side stories. 

Aside:  I watched the first couple of eps of the new roiland show on Hulu (they put them all up at once it looks like) and it felt like a rick and morty knock-off. The two main characters, at least one voiced by roiland so he can’t help but sound like rick, plus nuclear family side stories. 

Good enough or what?

I have to talk the wife into another cartoon series we can watch.

Another shitty fucking episode. Over a two year break and they come up with this shit? These are episodes you'd expect to see in a season 6 or 7 after they've already run out of ideas, but nope here they are.

On 5/11/2020 at 12:36 AM, RPM said:

This show is terrible. Really lazy writing.

Reveal hidden contents

Glory to Glorzo.

I didn't really enjoy the episode, but I think it's the opposite of "lazy" writing. They seem to be trying really hard for over the top wtf stuff and being super meta. A little too hard in the last episode. I actually liked the train episode but it was pretty obvious it was meant to be a total mindfuck so much so that I get why it was not liked by many. 

• Like 1