Rick and Morty

Goo Punch

It was a solid ending, not the best finale by a good margin but solid. Liked the whole “great... we’re doing a Star Wars episode” vibe.

Sad that Krombopulos Michael didn’t have a moment in the sun here. Figured he’d have a Han Solo “You’re all clear kids!” Moment.

Jerry was a solid bit as well

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
anything that isn't 100% in line with what you think = shitpost. 
giphy.gif?cid=5e21488632hmr3t8ri4jib77ohnuene74dhv01mldo7sbfob&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g
btw, you can't really get upset with me when you're already starting shit with me before the season even begins. 

No anything that isn’t the greatest episode ever each week you’ll pretend was horrible.
  • Fuck You 1

15 minutes ago, Drew said:

No anything that isn’t the greatest episode ever each week you’ll pretend was horrible.

get out of your fucking feelings. all of you. you're acting like a bunch of whiny fucking children. my opinion on a show episode/season should not cause you guys to melt down and then obsessively harp on how i'm ruining this thread  for you when i "pretend" that i don't like an episode. grow the fuck up. 

or don't, you know. maybe just keep on whining and talking shit and starting problems before the season even fucking begins. keep calling me out for no reason. keep fucking up the thread with your whiny, hypersensitive tantrums because i don't think think that the last season was as good as the first three. maybe that's the best move. it's baffling that you fucking idiots think you have the high ground here. grow up. 

i didn't like the first episode of S2 of Dave the other day, and i posted as much in the thread. somehow, nobody melted down or threw a fit and asked for me to be banned for not liking an episode of their favorite show. weird how they all decided against reacting like hypersensitive children when i didn't like the episode. i mean they all clearly would have been much better off freaking the fuck out about it and then never letting it go, and yet nobody did. so weird. 

Good episode, was expecting the season’s beginning rant they like to do but I guess they’ve moved past the yelling in the front yard about doing whatever they feel like.

Morty’s story was the better story.

My question at the end was: so did Rick just lose all of special tech that he has implanted in his body? When he shot that technonoir eagle it extracted a whole lot of tech from his body that we’ve been drip fed through the seasons.

12 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

well i loved it. i thought it was hilarious, right from the beginning. "what- were we Blades in that one? that's fuckin' tight." this one reminded me of S 1-3. 

I'd agree, if only they hadn't already used that clip to death in the trailers. The show is no longer novel, but it seems like they're trying to take it somewhere different. Gives me a Rebecca-replacing-Diane in Cheers vibe.

Spoiler

The fast-time robots seem like they could be a new big bad, or they could be an homage to the similar aliens in Invincible. Timelord Jessica, Kyle, and Nimbus the "friend" offer some possibilities. It's not a weak or even mediocre opening. They picked an idea, developed it, stuck with it, and didn't abandon it for easy laughs. That's why I'm hopeful.

I really liked the episode.  Then I read that Derka liked it also so now I am doubting myself. 

Seriously though - it's a great show generally and there will always be episodes that people do not like.  I could care less what others think.  I did think last night was great.  Good start to the season and Nimbus grew on me as the episode progressed.  Can't wait for the Voltron episode. 

The thing is, people who have to pontificate about the show and how the quality has gone down and it's not as smart or nuanced or pithy or novel enough anymore just reinforce that the fanbase for this show are such douches.

Just jumped into the new one. Love it. Funnier than much of the last season I feel like.

Whoever said it's different though is right... the humor employed has transformed quite a bit. I think it works though. 

Edited by ztejas