Veep (final season) - March 31

Js1

Looking forward to this!

They were doing a Veep marathon on Saturday on HBO2.  I sat down and started watching one episode and then, yada yada yada, I was on the couch for like 3 hours.

I think my all-time favorite episode might be the one where we see the result of Catherine's documentary.... so much gold.

I can't remember laughing as hard at a TV show as when Jonah gives the "shittin' clits" line and then the reveal that he's in an elementary school and Uncle Jeff snatches away his cell phone and throws it, which then immediately cuts to him filming the campaign commercial where he's trying to split logs.  Holy shit I'm laughing about it as I'm typing this... 

Also - in celebration of the return of Veep, it's great time to visit the best of Roger Furlong...

Edited by oSuJeff97
MOAR ROGER FURLONG
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, babysdaddy said:

I think this is in the top 3 funniest shows of all time.  Larry Sanders, Seinfeld, and this.  

Seinfeld is probably #1 all time for me, but all three of these shows are in the conversation, along with The Simpsons (seasons 2-10) and Arrested Development.  Curb Your Enthusiasm gets a honorable mention as well.

Season 6, episode 7.  The first half of the episode at the hospital, with Selina and the doctor with Katherine crying and gary incapacitated.  Most I’ve cried in a long time. 

Then second half gives us the funniest funeral scene in the history of TV and/or film.  So many shows have tried but Veep delivers the most sublimely hilarious wake that ever will be.  

This is literally one of the 5 funniest shows in history   I honestly and frankly feel sorry for those that don’t see it that way, particularly in this political era   

On 2/18/2019 at 3:54 PM, Lobo said:

Season 6, episode 7.  The first half of the episode at the hospital, with Selina and the doctor with Katherine crying and gary incapacitated.  Most I’ve cried in a long time. 

Then second half gives us the funniest funeral scene in the history of TV and/or film.  So many shows have tried but Veep delivers the most sublimely hilarious wake that ever will be.  

This is literally one of the 5 funniest shows in history   I honestly and frankly feel sorry for those that don’t see it that way, particularly in this political era   

OMG YES

mother-selina-and-catherine-learn-how-mo

Quite a fucking resume for JLD, being the lead/a central character in two of the funniest shows of all time.

Also, I find it hard to rank the "funniest" vs. "the best". For instance, I think Curb your Enthusiasm was "funnier" than Cheers, but I would rank Cheers above Curb if you were ranking the "best" sitcoms of all time. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, irishtexan said:

Quite a fucking resume for JLD, being the lead/a central character in two of the funniest shows of all time.

Also, I find it hard to rank the "funniest" vs. "the best". For instance, I think Curb your Enthusiasm was "funnier" than Cheers, but I would rank Cheers above Curb if you were ranking the "best" sitcoms of all time. 

JLD is the Lucille Ball of our generation

1 hour ago, irishtexan said:

Yep, Cheers and MASH are my top two shows with comedy. Seinfeld and Veep have more laughs but they are much further from reality. Not that there are not people like those characters, just almost never that many assembled together. Cheers and MASH are far more realistic.

I was admittedly late to the Veep party. I'm 3-4 episodes into Season 6 and will be wrapped up by the time Season 7 starts. The show is simply extraordinary. babysdaddy and I have the same three favorite all-time comedy shows in Seinfeld, Larry Sanders and Veep.

45 minutes ago, C-Man said:

I was admittedly late to the Veep party. I'm 3-4 episodes into Season 6 and will be wrapped up by the time Season 7 starts. The show is simply extraordinary. babysdaddy and I have the same three favorite all-time comedy shows in Seinfeld, Larry Sanders and Veep.

we should hang out

22 hours ago, Js1 said:

Um, no, politics is much more like Veep than House of Cards.

Veep is not "further from reality" - this is what politics is.  Bumbling, incompetent idiots who think they're god-kings and queens in one place - DC. 

Yeah I don't recall where I saw this quote, but someone said that "West Wing" or "House of Cards" is how D.C. politicians view themselves, but "Veep" is how they really are.

On 2/20/2019 at 10:47 AM, Post Oak said:

Who is this tranny knuckle-dragger? Someone you hired to make sure you don't get erections?

this is one of my favorite scenes in any show ever.

Uncle Jeff fucking rules.

(Being an Uncle Jeff myself, I can only aspire to achieve his greatness some day.)

• 4 weeks later...
7 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

#finalseasin

Caught that too? Old newspaper habits never die.

I'm almost finally caught up. Funny that osuJeff posted that scene. That's where I'm at in the series -- two episodes to go and then I'll be locked into the final season.

Interview with her on CBS Sunday Morning.  She should be mentioned as one of the great comedic actors of all time.  She's devoted her entire professional career to it.  She could have easily led a rich, comfortable life but she slogged through the comedy circuit and she's been at this for 30 years at this point.  Still is a master at her craft and knows how to deliver comedy.

• Like 1

On 3/24/2019 at 11:24 AM, Aqua Buddha said:

Interview with her on CBS Sunday Morning.  She should be mentioned as one of the great comedic actors of all time.  She's devoted her entire professional career to it.  She could have easily led a rich, comfortable life but she slogged through the comedy circuit and she's been at this for 30 years at this point.  Still is a master at her craft and knows how to deliver comedy.

She's brilliant.

11 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

i'm rewatching s6 in preparation, and episode 2 - library...holy fucking shit.  this might be the funniest 28 minutes of television i've ever seen.

I started from the beginning a couple of weeks ago.  One of my favorite comedies but I've only seen each episode once.  I believe the first 3 seasons I did on Amazon all at once and last 3 seasons as it aired.  I'm almost through season four now.  The Richard T. Splett (don't know why I said T, my middle name is John) and Jonah relationship is really starting to come together at this point.  So many great characters...

I wanted to finish my full rewatch before tonight but won't make it.  I'm up to S6 Georgia episode.  Holy shit, it's the best Minna episode.

The poison also engorged his penis and gave it unusual texture like sea cucumber. Great for vaginal orgasm. Do you prefer vaginal or clitoris orgasm?

..he jumped into an ice hole

Fuck fog...oh in Finland we call this fever of the sausage

80 foot tall rape scraper.  Or something like that it was funny shit.  On a side note, I saw Patton Oswalt at a gas station between Houston and Austin last week.  I know it was him because he was letting people take pictures with him.

Edited by kevwun

Jonah is just killing it-

Sometimes hotshot lacrosse players who think they own the cafeteria can bring this on themselves.

I just want to make it clear she does all the housework

Whichever one when I bone her she doesn’t give birth to a pile of legs

• Like 1