Veep (final season) - March 31

Js1

1 hour ago, Not a cat said:

Jonah is just killing it-

Sometimes hotshot lacrosse players who think they own the cafeteria can bring this on themselves.

I just want to make it clear she does all the housework

Whichever one when I bone her she doesn’t give birth to a pile of legs

Nothing weird if you want weird talk to her 1st cousin who fingered her in high school

• Like 1

4 hours ago, kevwun said:

80 foot tall rape scraper.  Or something like that it was funny shit.  

Sky raper. That one had me rolling. The meltdown during the live interview with his family and they bring in Stepdad was solid gold.

She's gonna yelp like a seagull in a bread factory.
Favorite line of the episode. I really can't see a way they redeem Dan and put him and Amy together happily ever after like a lot of lame shitcoms would.

I really do love how this show unapologetically revels in the shitiness of it's characters and never gives them any self awareness or personal development. It's a lot like Sunny in that regard, horrible people constantly scheming and trying to exploit everything they touch, and Veep nails it every episode. The large swath of minor characters that contribute great lines and entertaining B stories is fantastic. There is no group or pairing of characters I hate to focus on, and that makes every minute enjoyable.

2 hours ago, Js1 said:

No way, they can't redeem a dude who asked Amy to request half the abortion on Venmo and "make it public" so people would think he's not a super shitty dude.

He's the worst. 

yeah, i almost quoted that one too.

"hey, and let me know if you wanna go dutch on the abortion, just hit me up on venmo.  and you know what, make it public, so people think i'm a gentleman."

i love dan.

No way, they can't redeem a dude who asked Amy to request half the abortion on Venmo and "make it public" so people would think he's not a super shitty dude.
He's the worst. 
I'm not saying Veep would, but some shows do this kind of stuff, like How I Met your Mother turned Barney into a monogamous lame dad. I love the fact that this show doesn't give a shit about that and keeps them going onwards to hell.

so in finishing my rewatch, i came upon another fucking great one - s06e09 - where her book comes out (and so does the revelation that leon has mike's diary).

"oh my god, they have the story about when you lost the marine's leg.  surrounded by a bunch of mike's doodles of legs."

"these are terrible mike, they look like arms."

"i'm much better at drawing arms.  you should see the page about the arms dealer."

it also has the "we're getting reviews from all the tibetan papers.  except the lhasa express, they're playing their usual games."

• Like 2

so in finishing my rewatch, i came upon another fucking great one - s06e09 - where her book comes out (and so does the revelation that leon has mike's diary).
"oh my god, they have the story about when you lost the marine's leg.  surrounded by a bunch of mike's doodles of legs."
"these are terrible mike, they look like arms."
"i'm much better at drawing arms.  you should see the page about the arms dealer."

it also has the "we're getting reviews from all the tibetan papers.  except the lhasa express, they're playing their usual games."

So many good lines in this show, but it must be awesome to write for a character like Richard. He knows something about everything and is unbelievably humble about it.

On 4/2/2019 at 11:31 AM, henrygandorf said:

"hey, and let me know if you wanna go dutch on the abortion, just hit me up on venmo.  and you know what, make it public, so people think i'm a gentleman."

i love dan.

Then to top it off he cuts her off getting on the elevator ahead of her

On 4/2/2019 at 11:31 AM, henrygandorf said:

i love dan.

“I thought you already sent that thing to the 7-11 dumpster in the sky!”

😬😂

5 hours ago, Liquor and Poker said:

The writing on this show is amazing.  I kept having to press pause because the kind of lines that are usually the focus of a whole scene were just coming rapid-fire, one after the other. 

the dense, layered, multi-character dialogue writing on this show is only comparable to arrested development (the early years) and the larry sanders show.

not sure anyone else comes close.

also i hadn't realized dan mintz had come on as a producer the last couple years.  he's incredibly talented, smart, and hilarious.  he does the voice of tina belcher from bob's burgers (best character on tv?) and also does stand-up in a very dry, almost steven wright/demetri martin style.  if you're interested, look him up on youtube.  i love when talented people get added to already talented rooms.

Jonah is quickly becoming my favorite character. Saw him on a talk show the other day and he said it's strange to be recognised in public so often, but really awkward for people to yell out the insults hurled at him on the show. "C'mon, my kids are standing right here!"

18 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

all the amy jokes were fucking greatness.

they make fun of her for being bulimic (and being shitty at it) then crack up when she says she's pregnant.  i don't know many shows that could even get away with that, but this one nailed it. 

She did just eat breakfast

And probably not her first breakfast, you know what I'm saying

Oh no doubt.