Surly Cricket Thread

APMP

On 5/31/2018 at 2:09 AM, ImissWallyPryor said:

We are at an Indian (dot) restaurant last night, and they had some cricket game (match?) on the tv. They kept showing a trophy that presumably went to the winner, so it must have been important, right?. All I could think about was how flawed these guys’ swings and fielding skills were, and that none of them would stand a chance if they tried playing NAIA baseball. 

That’s all I got out of it. 

Is there such thing as an Indian (feather) restaurant?  

I've been in four roti shops in last ten years: Orlando, Trenton, Boston, Queens.  Only the one in Boston (near Northeaster Univ.) didn't have cricket on TV.

Edited by Bullneck
  • Fuck You 1

3 minutes ago, Bullneck said:

I've been in four roti shops in last ten years: Orlando, Trenton, Boston, Queens.  Only the one in Boston (near Northeaster Univ.) didn't have cricket on TV.

Roti Shops are not the same as Indian restaurants. In fact, Roti Shops are a West Indian bastardization of East Indian cuisine.

Great match yesterday for India.  Pandya really brought the energy to another level when he came in to bat - Kohli made a great move bringing him to bat at #4 instead of Rahul.  Despite that awful first over bowling, Pandya settled down nicely.  

India won't be able to play that well every match, but when they do they won't be beat.  I guess lack of batting depth isn't an issue when one of your openers goes for a ton each match.

1 hour ago, Bullneck said:

Indian Fry Bread, maze, and pemmican. The menu is short.

Pretty fun match today between AUS and PAK.  AUS gets the win off a brilliant opening partnership and then finally getting some clutch bowling at the end.

Pakistan could have mailed it in after their 5th wicket, but I’ll give props to them for holding on for dear life as long as they did.  

I also appreciated them getting All Out before 0:00 local time.

AUS beat SL, but the Lankans made the middle of the match pretty fun.  End of the AUS innings saw a lot of wickets fall in quick succession and the Sri Lankan openers batted very well. Udana had two great run outs on great efforts.

Not sure why, but for whatever reason Mendis came in (Sri Lanka still well in it) he went complete tuk tuk and just sucked all the energy out of their momentum.  They probably wouldn't have won it any way, but his lack of urgency bit them in the ass.  FFS they let Maxwell off the hook for less than 5 RPO.

AUS have not batted well at the end of their lineup the last three matches which is ironic considering the second half of the order is what saved them against Windies.

Looks like weather will cooperate for at least part of the India / Pakistan match.  Pakistan wins the toss and elect to field.

My understanding is the weather is supposed to get nasty later in the afternoon, so Pakistan has a good chance of chasing a D/L score.  Not thrilled that Shami isn’t getting a chance in this match.  He seems to have the kind of stuff to give Pakistan fits.

1 hour ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Good grief, Kohli walks on a caught behind that never came close to hitting his bat.  WTF was he thinking?

And then he turned down a sure LBW that would have been dead plumb on review. Nothing's going right for India right now.