Surly Cricket Thread

APMP

On ‎8‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 10:54 PM, Fudge Nuggets said:

I haven’t followed The Ashes at all, but saw on the icc website that Australia put a freaking beat down on the Poms in the first test. That’s a shame.

Third test is looking like a repeat of the first so far...

England getting lucky this summer. First against New Zealand in the World Cup final and now in this second test against Australia. Whenever England and Australia play, I wish for a meteor strike.

For those following the India-West Indies test, when will India declare? After a 400 run lead? And why does anyone tour the West Indies anymore? What is there to gain playing them? You'll never come across such a great collection of individual talent that can never put it together as a team.

• 3 weeks later...

Guyana Amazon Warriors advance to the Finals of the CPL and will face the winner of the Barbados / Trinbago match.  Barbados plays Trinbago on Thursday then the Finals are on Saturday at the Brian Lara Stadium in Trinidad.

Guyana has not dropped a match the entire tournament and spanked Barbados in the qualifier match yesterday.  They should be odds on favorites to win it all, but you never know.

Cheer.jpg?fit=3600,2367&ssl=1

On 10/7/2019 at 10:44 AM, Fudge Nuggets said:

Guyana Amazon Warriors advance to the Finals of the CPL and will face the winner of the Barbados / Trinbago match.  Barbados plays Trinbago on Thursday then the Finals are on Saturday at the Brian Lara Stadium in Trinidad.

Guyana has not dropped a match the entire tournament and spanked Barbados in the qualifier match yesterday.  They should be odds on favorites to win it all, but you never know.

Cheer.jpg?fit=3600,2367&ssl=1

2, 1, 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Glenn Maxwell taking some time off to reset a bit.

https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/27971825/glenn-maxwell-takes-break-deal-difficulties-mental-health

Bangladesh beat India in the first T20.  Second match is Thursday.  One of the Indian cricket message boards I check out from time to time is going batshit over this.

Glenn Maxwell taking some time off to reset a bit.
https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/27971825/glenn-maxwell-takes-break-deal-difficulties-mental-health
Bangladesh beat India in the first T20.  Second match is Thursday.  One of the Indian cricket message boards I check out from time to time is going batshit over this.
They should have never played the game with the air quality at ultra hazardous levels

Rohit Sharma went off today as India beat Bangladesh by 8 wickets in the 2nd T20I.  Sharma scored 85 off 43 balls.

Anyone know a way to watch this shit?  I have the Willow streaming subscription but they aren't carrying it (or the NZ v Eng series).  It (Willow streaming) is pretty fucking worthless after further review.

Any clue on how the ICC sets their team rankings?  I ask because they have Pakistan as the #1 T20I team in the world and they are getting absolutely obliterated by Oz.  This after getting whitewashed by Sri Lanka last month.  

Australia won the most recent match against Pakistan by 10 wickets.  I was wanting to see how Smith would do after his last great outing, but Pakistan never got one of the openers out so he never had to come in.  Just an embarrassing effort by PAK.

Does Hotstar archive their broadcasts so you can watch them later or is live broadcast the only option?  I don’t want to get a subscription if the only way to see cricket is getting up at 2:00 AM. I like cricket but not that much. 

There's a 13 minute highlight package available right now, but not a full archived broadcast. During the world cup though there was an archived broadcast for at least a day or two, so there might still be but I can't be sure right now.

• Like 1

Apparently Deepak Chahar went fucking nuts on the Toygers Sunday.  Gave up 7 runs in 3.2 overs, took six wickets including a hat trick to finish things off.  

Looks like we are officially into test cricket season with the India / Bangladesh test starting in a few hours, New Zealand host England and Australia host Pakistan all starting next week.

India should wreck shop against the Toygers.  Australia should slap Pakistan around but the NZ / England test could be a real good one.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, satyanash said:

India just chased down 207 in 20 overs against the Windies!

spacer.png

Kohli's highest run total in a T20 match. This victory was especially impressive considering the chase was done with lots of dew on the pitch and that India hit 12 6s (half alone by Kohli - an untraditional 6 hitter, none by Rohit). Don't recall timely 6 hitting outside of Rohit since Yuvraj and Raina used to be in the lineup.