Surly Cricket Thread

APMP

Ok this is the right team now. For sure.

washington sundar is not of the same class as these 3. . Yes, i know this Is a more helpful pitch, but sundar is better bat than a bowler imo. 

these 3 are clearly better, wicket-taking bowlers. thats why he was a net bowler. 

8 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

GD it Kohli.  Ashwin will ask for appeal on everything.

Need to just ignore Ashwin for the rest of the series. Guy has the worst sense of reality. Thinks every ball he bowls gets him a wicket. 

Edited by remoh

I fell asleep after Siraj bagged his first Test wicket. Now the question is when do India declare (assuming they don't get all out)? I'm guessing India bats through all of Day 3 if possible giving them ample time to go through England's batting lineup. England will obviously be playing for the draw. 

I have a fairly strong dislike of the bcci. Its a poorly run org due to so many politicians involved due to the money gravy train. And the supreme court reforms went nowhere. Looks like they gave up fixing bcci. 

anyway, why do i bring this up?

the bcci is like a fine-oiled japanese car factory compared to the bcb that is the shoddy oil change place around the corner. 

the bcb chief sounds like a misbehaving 4-year child whose parents have already given up on disciplining him: https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/ban-vs-wi-2nd-test-nazmul-hassan-slams-mominul-haque-and-russell-domingo-after-west-indies-series-defeat-1251780

what an embarrassment. Dont see bangladesh making any progress this decade if this guy is in charge. Even if they remove him today (which they won’t; cuz he is probably a powerful guy), he has probably inflicted enough damage to the bcb for the next many years.

Edited by remoh

4 hours ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

West Indies sweep Bangladesh, winning the second test by 17 runs.

Rahkeem "Tons of Fun" Cornwall grabbed five wickets and was named Man of the Match.  He also had a great catch on the last ball to win the game.

Rahkeem-Cornwall-vs-Test-WI_571_855.jpg

Cornwall should be everyone's favorite cricketer. Seeing a man that big on a cricket pitch makes me smile. He's actually been losing weight over the last 1-2 years.

10 hours ago, remoh said:

There will be no declaration. Too much time remaining. I expect India to be all out by the second session. Game might be over today itself. 

I am second guessing myself here.

Now I think India bats all day or almost all day after seeing how Woakes was able to hang and the promising start by India. The pitch is bad, but may not be entirely demonic at this point?

If India pull it off (bat all day), India will also show they would’ve won irrespective of the toss.  

I don't understand the decision to move Pant ahead of Rahane. Is it because Rahane has difficulty playing spin? Not like Pant had any impact with the bat in his cameo appearance. I think if India can get the lead close to 300, it should be a defensible total, however, it will require a heavy dose of Ashwin to pull off.