Surly Cricket Thread

APMP

What an absolute fabulous day of cricket today was.  I am so f'ing happy I can sh!t rainbows.

India took care of business with absolute precision and the Proteas found their groove but made it interesting until the end.  What started out as an absolute crap tournament the first two weeks has wound up being quite exciting.

Yep, the SA / AUS match was in my opinion #2 of the tournament so far.  Number one was the WI chase that came up just short against NZ with Brathwaite hitting 100 in about 27 overs and just missing a match winning 6 by a couple of feet in the last over.

Edited by Fudge Nuggets

Forecast calls for overcast conditions, light rain. Very good for NZ, Boult will be able to swing the ball and swing it good.

Normally this would be a batting track but with rain + overcast conditions you also have to factor in the possibility of a rain-shortened chase. Dark clouds and I think the side winning the coin toss has to put the opposition in to bat first.

Cloudy conditions should aid NZ swing, but during the IND / SL match I believe it was Ian Bishop that said Old Trafford does not swing nearly as much as the other grounds.  I'm not smart enough to understand that one, but he knows more about it that I ever will.

NZ batting lineup is complete shite.  They have Williamson and well... not really anyone else at this point in time.  I read a write-up earlier today that pointed out India's spinners have had a lot of success against Williamson so we have that going for us.  The NZ openers have been terrible and their middle order isn't much better than the India lineup that gets constantly mocked.

I don't think NZ will score more than 250 against India's bowling attack.