Lego: a highly sophisticated inter-locking brick system

RexWilson

3 hours ago, Chewbacca said:

My brother got that for Christmas sometime in the late 80s.  I built it while he was out of the house.  He's still pissed off about it.

it was a sad day when they got rid of the spring loaded cannons a couple years into it

• 1 month later...
On 3/27/2019 at 12:08 PM, Jograves said:

Doesn't this hobby get damn expensive?

My godsons are just now getting into them. I bought some for Christmas and was floored by how much they cost these days.

My wife and I collect them.  It can get pretty expensive, but something to keep in mind is that the rarer sets appreciate in value if you keep them complete and in good shape.  

I had an Erector set and some Lincoln Logs. Same for my kids in the 1970s.

You had the actual logs that Lincoln had. Don’t lie.

My kids love them. My daughter has grown out of it for the most part, but my son still likes them. He went to see the LEGO 2 movie. He said it wasn’t very good though.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/20/2019 at 8:26 AM, Longhorn Al said:

I still have this one in a box. It was partially dismantled by a cousin and I never got it back together. I'd have to locate a copy of the instructions, and probably some missing pieces.

s-l1600.jpg

I got this for my 6th birthday ('91).  It was a prized possession for awhile.  

My cousin had a lot of the Robin Hood/medieval themed ones.  There were some bad ass castle sets.  They did a pretty solid Old West set up in the mid 90's as well.  Right before I started losing interest.

On 8/4/2019 at 5:19 PM, Hornius Emeritus said:

Pikers!  My friend Ben just completed a 65,000 brick scale model of the Texas state capitol building. It is going on display at the capitol on August 26th but you can check out the video here:

So how was the @Christymack blowjob?

I built this lego/craft table for my kids a few years ago.  It's made of IKEA trofast cabinets on either end, and 3/4" birch ply on top, with 3/4" pine ply on bottom.  It has cutouts on either side so the kids can roll up their chairs on the sides, and it also has casters underneath to roll around the room easily.  (I'm also currently selling it if anyone's interested, kids have outgrown it and are moving on)

00I0I_fjD0VISWGPu_600x450.jpg

00Y0Y_ioSWZ0qUyuE_600x450.jpg

• 7 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I bought the 007 Aston Martin last summer and just now got around to it. Finished it up last night. It was really intricate with an ejector seat, machine guns that rotate out from behind the headlights, and pretty much all the moving gizmos that M put in.  Of course as I was moving it this morning James had a small run in with Oddjob, and now his Aston Martin needs to visit the body shop.

thumbnail_IMG_1152.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_1151.jpg

Edited by NeverMarryAStripper
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

• 5 months later...