2019 NFL Franchise Tag Watch

Bone3421

Tuesday marks the start of tag season...hopefully cowboys get lawrence signed

See what eagles do with foles...and i want to see the steelers put tag on bell again

Bell could get transition tag at lower rate and negotiate with teams...steelers can then decide to match offer...also they could just tag him exclusively for 3rd time. Some reports say this is going to be 25$ mil but read steelers could argue its based on his last salary which is 12 mil since he didnt sign the 15 mil offer....so 3rd i think would be closer to 16/17 mil???

someone help me understand why players get mad when tagged.  I believe I read D. Lawerence said he wouldnt play under tag. He will make $37 mil while tagged.  Whats the complaint?
They want more guaranteed $$$ for longer years in a violent sport....... But then they also want a new deal when front loaded contracts arent guaranteed anymore so they lose all sympathy

I hope Dallas make him a good offer.
I would much rather have collins than earl if $$$ is going to be similar...love earl but 25 years young vs 29 and 2 leg surgeries

I hope earl gets a good deal...but hope my team doesnt kill their capspace

1 hour ago, Bone3421 said:
1 hour ago, Rholl said:
someone help me understand why players get mad when tagged.  I believe I read D. Lawerence said he wouldnt play under tag. He will make $37 mil while tagged.  Whats the complaint?

They want more guaranteed $$$ for longer years in a violent sport....... But then they also want a new deal when front loaded contracts arent guaranteed anymore so they lose all sympathy

I get the guaranteed money part.... but this system will pay him top dollar at his position..... even though his production wasnt even top 10.

He has been top 10 last 2 years...its about security and greed(for some)..they dont look at it as making 35/ 40 million in 2 years...some see that they didnt get a 100$ million contract with 40 million guaranteed

Brown for instance already got paid 40 million for 2 years and now wants to get another extension after trade on a 2 year old contract

Nfl wants to get paid like mlb/nba players despite having to field a 53 man roster with cap...then get mad about making 20 million a year