What new UT gear are you looking to buy this year?

GhostOfTomJoad

25 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Ebbets does good stuff! UT has such a shitty licensing agreement - we don't get 47, Homefield, or any of these other great boutique suppliers.

Well.  The Patterson-era license agreement ditched CLC for "Learfield Sports" and Jerrah's 289c, which licensed itself to produce most of the gear that isn't Nike.

Then CLC bought Learfield (or vice-versa, merger something), and somewhere along the line I thought 289c was shitcanned (could have sworn this happened, but can't find any proof).  Texas stuff appears on the front page of the 289c site, but is not shown on "our brands."  There is probably a big of wrangling going on with 289c and freeing up apparel for licensing to better vendors.

EDIT: Clarity on CLC.  CLC apparently has been owned by IMG since 2007.  Learfield is/was mostly a media deal, and the licensing deal with them and 289c was kind of a bastard thing (Learfield using 289c to provide licensing "horsepower" it didn't have and 289c using it's licensing ability to license itself), typical of Patterson.  

IMG acquired Learfield in 2018, permitting the Learfield deal to be "reassigned" back to CLC.  But, because 289c is not part of Learfield, probably still has some rights that are being thrashed out, hopefully resulting in termination sooner rather than later.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

On 9/16/2020 at 3:56 PM, Etexhorn13 said:

My coaches polo came in the mail today... this shirt feels like cheaply made dog shit that I’ll be returning. Looks pretty good but it’s made of a fabric that you can actually hear when you crumple the shirt together. No bueno. 

Ended up going with the Columbia polo. I had one of these in black that I seem to have misplaced, but wanted to go with white anyway. I will never make the mistake of purchasing one of the Nike shirts again. 

04D6A7D1-8AF8-478D-86ED-99A57E88EC54.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 2

Wandered around the domain today. Couple cool finds.

I know the shoes have been posted but they look better in person imo. I think they were like $115.

The quarter zip is super nice. $130 at Tommy Bahama. 

But, good Lord, I walked through Dick's - the amount of God awful merchandise in there is appalling. I think for every decent piece of apparel I saw there were 3 that should never have touched the light of day. Someone needs to do some better QC. 

20201001_142930.jpg

20201001_145627.jpg

• Hook 'Em 1

On 10/1/2020 at 4:25 PM, ztejas said:

Wandered around the domain today. Couple cool finds.

I know the shoes have been posted but they look better in person imo. I think they were like $115.

The quarter zip is super nice. $130 at Tommy Bahama. 

But, good Lord, I walked through Dick's - the amount of God awful merchandise in there is appalling. I think for every decent piece of apparel I saw there were 3 that should never have touched the light of day. Someone needs to do some better QC. 

20201001_142930.jpg

20201001_145627.jpg

I can confirm that these are “fire”, as the kids would say. Really nice running shoe. 

On 9/19/2019 at 9:15 AM, Tylerocks said:

I have this, and it fits nicely. It's held up very well through the shitty games. I highly recommend getting one if you don't have it. They fit to size 

10 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

I have this, and it fits nicely. It's held up very well through the shitty games. I highly recommend getting one if you don't have it. They fit to size 

Ooh... I like that shirt. Not sure if I $35 like it but that's a good look.

https://texassports.com/news/2020/10/8/texas-athletics-gear-up-for-the-at-t-red-river-showdown-with-40-off-all-we-are-texas-apparel.aspx 

Gear up for the AT&T Red River Showdown with 40% off all ‘We Are Texas’ apparel

Visit the stadium Team Shop location now through October 10

Fans visiting the Texas Longhorns Official Team Shop, located on the west side of Darrell K Royal-Texas Memorial Stadium along San Jacinto St, can receive 40% off all 'We Are Texas' apparel and a FREE car flag with any $60+ purchase. Offer is valid now through October 10. 

Fans can also purchase the official AT&T Red River Showdown matchup t-shirt and other Longhorns apparel in advance online  at Shop.TexasSports.com   (link works)

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/1/2020 at 11:25 PM, ztejas said:

For years ive been trying to replace a simple basic shirt that's fine stained but can't find a replacement:

Heather gray, slim'ish, soft (if possible), and longhorn logo

Everytime I've gone into the houston coop, it's wide-ass fat-sizing.  Wack ass logos.  Big ass text prints (HOOK EM TEXAS CREW SINCE 1887).  Extra Nike swoosh (no fucking thanks).  Janky ass "alternative" colors like lime green.  Fake vintage/distressed printing.  

Can't make a simple fucking garment anymore

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
2 hours ago, HRSchenker said:

Have yall seen this brand called Homefield? They have some really interesting retro gear. I asked them if they were going to get a UT licensing agreement and they told me to check back later this year.

I've always liked their stuff. Great presence on Twitter as well. Hope they've got something in the pipeline with Texas, always hoped they'd get a licensing deal.

On 2/7/2021 at 1:53 PM, HRSchenker said:

Have yall seen this brand called Homefield? They have some really interesting retro gear. I asked them if they were going to get a UT licensing agreement and they told me to check back later this year.

Ah that's awesome, they do great stuff. We're a big enough name they'll probably do one of their Big New Saturday drops during the season,  which have all this fun ancillary content on their website and social media. Their corporate Twitter is a fun follow when they start drunk Tweeting through Indiana games.

• Hook 'Em 1

• 1 month later...