What new UT gear are you looking to buy this year?

GhostOfTomJoad

13 minutes ago, ztejas said:

This is swag - fuck the haters. 

Orange is the new black? 

I got it and took it to the tailor today.....it's pretty damn awesome, even on a middle aged white dude.  It's much more toned down that I was afraid it would be, and is a true Burnt Orange.  Highly recommend.

• Like 1

I am so opposed to the insertion of black into our color scheme that I would have much preferred gray or even white accents and midsole on that shoe.

I have been gifted three pieces of WAT gear that are ok:  the white longhorn logo T that even they can't fuck up and a couple of synthetic hoodies, one black (ugh) the other orange, with fairly straight up logo/printing.  The hoodies are fairly light  but I find that to be an advantage, actually.  They seem to be holding up ok.  The orange hoodie is maybe a little bright, but not the worst imitation of burnt orange.

f209c1497aff6431d0f89c3389b12d29.jpg
Got the shoes in like 1 day.
The fit me weird in the heal area like the didnt fit snug. Weird spongy back of heal inside the shoe.
Couldnt tighten them enough.
Back they go.
The burnt orange looks spot on except the swoosh..
But overall they didnt look as good as Id hoped for.
I woulda kept em though if they fit right.

24 minutes ago, williemackgarza said:

f209c1497aff6431d0f89c3389b12d29.jpg
Got the shoes in like 1 day.
The fit me weird in the heal area like the didnt fit snug. Weird spongy back of heal inside the shoe.
Couldnt tighten them enough.
Back they go.
The burnt orange looks spot on except the swoosh..
But overall they didnt look as good as Id hoped for.
I woulda kept em though if they fit right.

I actually love the Pegasuses (Pegusi (?)) in terms of fit, but yeah that colorway doesn't super enthuse me with all that dark grey (and mine are mint and pink, so it's not like i'm afraid of wild colors).

On 7/24/2019 at 8:10 AM, TwiceHorn said:

I am so opposed to the insertion of black into our color scheme that I would have much preferred gray or even white accents and midsole on that shoe.

Gray for sure but I'll probably never buy another pair of shoes with white anywhere on the sole. Back in the day, you used to be able to keep them clean looking for at least a couple of months. I'm thoroughly convinced Nike in some money making scheme has changed their product to be much more stain prone then ever before. Those bastards. 

On 7/18/2019 at 6:38 PM, NeverMarryAStripper said:

This is the one I was thinking of, but I didn't realize it was that long ago that I had seen it.

large_images.jpg

Wife bought me the Tissot (far right). Love its functionality and fit. However, the longhorns on the band are sprayed onto the bands and eventually faded to where they were no longer visible. Just an FYI. 

I got the shoes on Thursday and wore them pretty much all weekend.  I vary between size 12 to 13 and I got these in 12.5 and they fit great.  I've got the last 4 years of Texas Week Zero and I would rank them as follows

2018 V8 | Best ones and they stay pretty clean.  https://www.burntorangenation.com/2018/8/6/17658970/texas-longhorns-week-zero-shoe-release-august-2018

2016 V6 |  Pretty unique shoe IMO https://www.sneakerfiles.com/nike-train-speed-4-week-zero-college-collection/

2017 V7 | These look great but are mostly white and they get dingy quick with any kind of regular wear. https://www.burntorangenation.com/2017/8/4/16098454/texas-longhorns-week-zero-shoes-2017-free-trainer-v7

2019 V9 | So yeah I like them the least of the four that I have but still would buy again.

If you stay on top of it you can usually get the themed Week Zero for a significant discount by Spring of the following year.  The 2018 version sold out everywhere pretty fast and they were gone by January except for Ebay and tiny sizes.

6 minutes ago, The Golden Hat said:

I can't do black and orange. Never will. Unless I go to grad school at Oklahoma State or something

Pretty much same.  I don't do black hardly at all, don't even consider it a color.  However, black makes certain sense in certain applications.  I mountain bike and that can get grubby at times, black hides the stains and grubbiness pretty well.

On 7/23/2019 at 9:41 AM, pepper brooks said:

Our fan gear is simply terrible.  Going to get a new Peter Millar burnt orange polo.  I spent a good bit of yesterday looking from something different, but good gosh our fan gear is trash.  Nike doesn't even try anymore and We Are Texas is just trash.  

Nike does suck. The hats and polos are shit lately. I used to get a new of each every year. Actually went though the co op this weekend and my wife and I bought nothing for ourselves. Just a few little kid stuff and baby stuff.

Discount Code Offer... 

3️⃣0️⃣
days until game day!!

Kick off the season with 20% off your purchase!!* Use coupon code 1908GAMEDAY at checkout. (link: https://bit.ly/2K5n5Q1) bit.ly/2K5n5Q1 *Exclusions apply #HookEm #ThisIsTexas #CelebrateTexas

8:00 AM · Aug 1, 2019·
Edited by LTtxfan

7 minutes ago, Txslnghrns said:

Thoughts? Not anything licensed by Texas but orange looks to be close. And only the sole is black. The dark leather under the orange is actually a brown from what I understand.

https://sneakernews.com/2019/08/01/nike-acg-wildwood-velvet-brown-ao3116-800-release-date/
77b0110a306a7b1f81ae8b605b61c679.jpg

Somewhere SPII is in cardiac arrest. 

get the fuck out troll

Nah. I’m not trolling. I just don’t wanna be wearing the same “Week Zero” shoes as everybody else. Just trying to find something that stands out. Doesn’t mean I’m gonna buy them. Just looking for opinions. The consensus seems to be overwhelmingly negative so....

On 8/1/2019 at 5:21 PM, LTtxfan said:

Discount Code Offer... 

3️⃣0️⃣
days until game day!!

Kick off the season with 20% off your purchase!!* Use coupon code 1908GAMEDAY at checkout. (link: https://bit.ly/2K5n5Q1) bit.ly/2K5n5Q1 *Exclusions apply #HookEm #ThisIsTexas #CelebrateTexas

8:00 AM · Aug 1, 2019·

What the fuck is up with that guy's beard? Were these really the best 3 models available or did they just pick some random schlubs off the street?

• Haha 1

On 8/7/2019 at 9:30 AM, texifornia said:

My cold weather gear was getting worn, so I re-upped with this year's iterations (as a tall person, the hoodie being on the long side should look fine - fingers crossed)

ff_3352498-7075dff4518e42818aebalt1_fullff_3352237-7403de2908520c0b64caalt1_full

WTF is this cold weather you speak of?

You might be able to wear that once or twice a year in Central Texas.

On 8/16/2019 at 11:34 AM, HRSchenker said:

'47 Brand needs to make a comeback. By far the best hats in the country. I'm also updating my cold weather gear and saw this on Fanatics. Huge fan of throwback gear

spacer.png

I bought that same one. Always thought if we do An alternate uniform this logo should be on our helmet. 

• Like 1