What new UT gear are you looking to buy this year?

GhostOfTomJoad

35 minutes ago, CTC2 said:

I used to love going in there where you could buy the same stuff the players wore.  I think he supplied the University before days of Nike et al.

Stopping by Rooster's shop was a time earned tradition when was a young pup. I believe my first UT football was purchased there. 

I had the pleasure of meeting Rooster at All Saints' Episcopal before he passed. It turns out he went to school with my grand parents. Great fella, RIP. 

Austin is much smaller town than most people think. It's about the people there. 

I got my 9yo son the new UT jersey earlier today. 

2953730?wid=500&hei=500&op_sharpen=1

I have likely 6 of the previous iteration jerseys (#1, #8, #28) in varying sizes and my youngest is still growing into those.  I liked them because of the mesh works good for hot fall games. I wonder how the one above works out...  And my son's favorite players are Earl Campbell and Freddie Steinmark so he loves that #28 jersey but he just outgrew it...

ff_304797_xl.jpg&w=340

2b00e9c7e109df64813c28464e748f76.png12e91f144f74f51bbc65282b4134a8ce.png

Picked up both of these a few weeks back. The UT Golf Club has the best UT gear I have seen lately. I was able to pick up one of the last 47 Brand UT burnt orange hats that I saw being sold online. Getting rid of them as one of the companies that make our shit was a major mistake. They are the brand look for when buying hats and other gear. I was up in at the U of Michigan back in June. They use 47 brand and they had a bunch of awesome gear that I bought because it looked that good and because I have always liked the U of Michigan.

Snagged this at  HEB today during the weekly shopping trip.  Can't say I'm stoked on the gray letter fill, but it's still decent to me.
Plus it was ten bucks. $10.  A Jackson.
Whatever it's worth in Monte Carlo, Beverly Hills, London, Paris, Rome, and Gstaad, it's worth ten bucks in HEB.

I might wear it to the UM game... or my other one.  But shit, ten bucks.  And the orange is burnt.
txshirt.png

2 hours ago, phdhorn said:

Snagged this at  HEB today during the weekly shopping trip.  Can't say I'm stoked on the gray letter fill, but it's still decent to me.
Whatever it's worth in Monte Carlo, Beverly Hills, London, Paris, Rome, and Gstaad, it's worth ten bucks in HEB.

I might wear it to the UM game... or my other one.  But shit, ten bucks.  And the orange is burnt.
txshirt.png

So triggered right now. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, phdhorn said:

txshirt.png

ImaginativeAdmirableCaiman-size_restrict

Edited by Free99
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 8/17/2018 at 10:23 PM, woohorn said:
On 8/17/2018 at 9:07 PM, GreenspointTexas said:
Those are last years?

$10 more that this years?

Yeah not pleased with the pricing. Nike had them on sale for $71 right before they dropped the newest pair. I should have pulled the trigger. They're no longer on Nike's website. 

I went to the Co-op at lunch to get a new polo. You really have to admire how they have managed to collect so many different shades of orange, most of them I wouldn’t really call “burnt”. Every Antigua shirt I would describe as somewhere between Tennessee and Clemson. Or in other words, what we put on our football field.

Rage.

I want that ‘47 Brand State of Texas Base Runner Cap that the Coop sells, but it’s been out of stock for the white one for 2 weeks. I’d rather have that one than the Nike Golf one with the star where Austin is.

Hopefully they’ll be back in stock before I come down for the USC game.

On 8/17/2018 at 9:29 PM, billfromlaketravis said:

Yep, I like because they're a bit more subtle. 

I got a pair of the Texas Zoom Commands when they went on clearance at Nike a month or so ago.  They are not last year's Week Zero though.  These are

https://www.eastbay.com/product/model:282401/sku:0881800/nike-free-trainer-v7-mens/texas-longhorns/orange/grey/

I think they are pretty good looking shoes.  They have the same fixed/stitched tongue that this year's model has though, if that is a sticking point for anyone.

Edited by Hozz
link

I want that ‘47 Brand State of Texas Base Runner Cap that the Coop sells, but it’s been out of stock for the white one for 2 weeks. I’d rather have that one than the Nike Golf one with the star where Austin is.

Hopefully they’ll be back in stock before I come down for the USC game.
It looks like its in stock online

On 8/21/2018 at 5:09 PM, Hozz said:

I got a pair of the Texas Zoom Commands when they went on clearance at Nike a month or so ago.  They are not last year's Week Zero though.  These are

https://www.eastbay.com/product/model:282401/sku:0881800/nike-free-trainer-v7-mens/texas-longhorns/orange/grey/

I think they are pretty good looking shoes.  They have the same fixed/stitched tongue that this year's model has though, if that is a sticking point for anyone.

I got those at the nike outlet in RR back in February for $59

On 8/21/2018 at 1:27 PM, Red Five said:

I went to the Co-op at lunch to get a new polo. You really have to admire how they have managed to collect so many different shades of orange, most of them I wouldn’t really call “burnt”. Every Antigua shirt I would describe as somewhere between Tennessee and Clemson. Or in other words, what we put on our football field.

Rage.

So, this weekend I went to Sue Patrick. I was talking to the manager and said "most of what you're selling isn't even close to the correct color". This of course wasn't news to him, and he had nothing but bad things to say about the We Are Texas brand. "They don't know what burnt orange is."

On 8/19/2018 at 12:26 PM, Katfid54 said:

So triggered right now. 

Meh, 220, 221, whatever it takes. Jackson, Hamilton, whoever. Both wore funky wigs, shot guns, participated in the slave trade, and drank like fish.

Anyway, Jackson's going to be replaced by Harriet Tubman or Cher or Oprah or somebody.

Edited by phdhorn

On 8/19/2018 at 8:21 PM, jettrink said:

I haven't bought any new shit since The National Championship at the Rose Bowl.  Win another, I'll buy more.

Pretty tough standard. 

I'm pretty sure I bought nothing during Charlie's tenure (maybe year one...). I was so down on the team during that whole period. 

Now, I've woken up, and I find that all polos are like 70-90 bucks. What the hell man?

14 hours ago, X-Wing @Aliciousness said:

https://www.universitycoop.com/search?keywords=jersey

New jerseys came out this week (I think today actually).  They look pretty... cheap and terrible.

A.)  They don't offer white ones, at least not online.

B.)  The shade of orange looks disgusting.

C.) A and B again

A couple of weeks ago I bought my 9 year old a Texas jersey from last year at Kohls for like $35 on sale.

On 8/27/2018 at 7:31 PM, X-Wing @Aliciousness said:

https://www.universitycoop.com/search?keywords=jersey

New jerseys came out this week (I think today actually).  They look pretty... cheap and terrible.

A.)  They don't offer white ones, at least not online.

B.)  The shade of orange looks disgusting.

C.) A and B again

That's the curse of the coop statues at work.  #BringEmBack

Remember when they used to sell game specific T shirts outside the stadium in the early 90's when I was there.  I'm guessing they were to support the special needs kids who did the art work.  Usually something like Longhorn players about to brand a Red Raider player or some such shit.  The graphics make Thujone's MS paint pics look like fine art.

Anyone still got any of those around?