What new UT gear are you looking to buy this year?

GhostOfTomJoad

SIAP but I need a ruling. These are currently on sale and I can’t quite tell if it’s the right hue of orange. What say you? Is it “close enough”? I don’t wanna be at a sporting event and have one of you call me out on the shading. That’s just embarrassing.

0dc29b827821096bfcb8b46942f7a5bc.jpg

Edit: The shoe is not affiliated with the Horns in any way like some other models. But I saw them and thought it’s very close.

1 hour ago, Txslnghrns said:

SIAP but I need a ruling. These are currently on sale and I can’t quite tell if it’s the right hue of orange. What say you? Is it “close enough”? I don’t wanna be at a sporting event and have one of you call me out on the shading. That’s just embarrassing.

0dc29b827821096bfcb8b46942f7a5bc.jpg

Edit: The shoe is not affiliated with the Horns in any way like some other models. But I saw them and thought it’s very close.

FWIW, Nike calls Texas' orange "desert orange"

• Like 1

On 2/25/2019 at 2:02 PM, NeverMarryAStripper said:

I find it interesting that lab dances have been $20 for as long as I can remember (which on some days is a really long time, on other days not so much). Why is there no inflation in the pussy industry?

Supply and demand.  There's just a million more ways to get easy pussy for money these days.  Apps etc. 

3 academy's I went to didn't even have kid's UT gear and their website has shit. Not in Austin and the only thing on the coop is pretty basic. Been trying to look into this for months now because I really wanted to splurge and get the jersey.
Thinking about getting this one but not for the game
ff_3119825_full.jpg&w=2000

I guess I could do this but idk
ff_3233681_full.jpg&w=900
But other than that, it's your garden variety TEXAS, Longhorn logo, some combination of the two all with the swoosh. No real creativity especially when you consider it's for a kid. 
Those are gross. Will you have time to stop by the co-op when you're in Austin? Night be your best bet. Or go to an academy/Walmart/target/Dick's in Austin.
  • Like 1

There are a lot of official UT branded shoes

dont buy those

I know there are plenty of them out. But I’m not gonna pay for some PE hyperdunks. And I was dead set on some KDs a couple years back but they were so damn narrow. Broke a sweat just trying to get my foot in them. And all the runners or trainers just didn’t catch my eye. These were close and I’ll probably still get them. I like the look. But I wouldn’t ever try to pass them off as UT specific.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On ‎2‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 2:02 PM, NeverMarryAStripper said:

I find it interesting that lab dances have been $20 for as long as I can remember (which on some days is a really long time, on other days not so much). Why is there no inflation in the pussy industry?

$20 to watch a dog dance?  I'm not getting it.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, BigHorn'13 said:

3 academy's I went to didn't even have kid's UT gear and their website has shit. Not in Austin and the only thing on the coop is pretty basic. Been trying to look into this for months now because I really wanted to splurge and get the jersey.

Thinking about getting this one but not for the game

ff_3119825_full.jpg&w=2000

I guess I could do this but idk

ff_3233681_full.jpg&w=900

But other than that, it's your garden variety TEXAS, Longhorn logo, some combination of the two all with the swoosh. No real creativity especially when you consider it's for a kid. 

I went to the Co-Op like two weeks ago to do some shopping for our 2 y/o nephew. I was actually pretty jealous of the options they had for the older kids, so not sure what you're missing unless you're going off their website.

Ended up getting him this one too off Fanatics:

ff_2839887_full.jpg&w=900

Just now, DigglerontheHoof said:

The fact that, outside of Vegas, the largest denomination ATMs normally distribute are 20s is likely also a factor.  The efficient G-string tip is a single bill donation and since the $20 bill is the big bill at ATMs...

Plus, the average song has probably been shortened, to get more plays in.

6 hours ago, Laughable Losers said:

FYI, I was at JC Penney (near the Men's Dept) at Barton Creek Mall this weekend and they have a ton of UT Gear closeouts. Bought a couple of licensed hoodies for $12.50ea.

I was there a month or so ago and they had a ton of Tennessee orange on Texas merchandise. It was disgusting. 

12 hours ago, lonestar3 said:

I went to the Co-Op like two weeks ago to do some shopping for our 2 y/o nephew. I was actually pretty jealous of the options they had for the older kids, so not sure what you're missing unless you're going off their website.

Ended up getting him this one too off Fanatics:

ff_2839887_full.jpg&w=900

Because he's got that exact same shirt in 3 different colors, just not Nike. I think I'll get him that other black one posted. But I would prefer if his burnt orange Nike not be a generic version like what you posted.

8 minutes ago, BigHorn'13 said:

Because he's got that exact same shirt in 3 different colors, just not Nike. I think I'll get him that other black one posted. But I would prefer if his burnt orange Nike not be a generic version like what you posted.

I think you're completely misunderstanding what I'm saying vs the picture of the shirt I settled for because I had to buy one in a toddler's size. 

Bought a T-shirt at the UT store in Memorial  Stadium recently. It surprised me what a thin, cheap quality shirt it was for $25. Pretty much crap, IMO, but the wife insisted on getting it for one of our sons. To me it is embarrassing UT would have a contract with a manufacturer that makes such a shoddy & inferior product. 

At least the $30 Sugar Bowl Champions cap I bought at Academy a couple of months ago is of decent quality.

Edited by Armybrat

I bought 47 Brand Sugar Bowl Champions hat from the Co Op before they sold out/were ordered by We Are Texas to pull it down. It's burnt orange with simple script, cotton canvas, adjustable. Very solid hat. I love wearing it in Houston for obvious reasons. 

I also bought the Nike Sugar Bowl Champions locker room shirt. It's black for some reason and is ugly as sin, but it's a comfortable shirt to wear around the house. 

What's the best option for a high end gameday polo this fall? I assume Peter Millar. Vineyard Vines and Tommy Bahama both cut their men's shirt huge. The Nike polos aren't nice enough for work in my humble opinion. 

On 4/10/2019 at 2:31 PM, Armybrat said:

Bought a T-shirt at the UT store in Memorial  Stadium recently. It surprised me what a thin, cheap quality shirt it was for $25. Pretty much crap, IMO, but the wife insisted on getting it for one of our sons. To me it is embarrassing UT would have a contract with a manufacturer that makes such a shoddy & inferior product. 

At least the $30 Sugar Bowl Champions cap I bought at Academy a couple of months ago is of decent quality.

Most people don't want thick Beefy T's these days.

On 4/10/2019 at 2:31 PM, Armybrat said:

Patterson_D.jpg

• 1 month later...

Texas should consider getting out their contract with Nike after the latest Preseason Polo release. Herman must have said, I really have to wear this f***ing shirt on TV? The Nike Victory Stripe series is a solid golf shirt and much, much sharper. 

I'll won't buy another pair of white Nike special release shoes. Dirt/smudge magnets. Even wearing them just at the gym, not outdoors, they look like s*** after about a month of use. Nike should release a burnt orange/ desert orange KD shoe. They make in them every other color. 

This is by far their best release : https://www.sbnation.com/2018/8/13/17660558/nike-free-trainer-v8-week-zero-collection-college-alabama-ohio-state-michigan-usc-clemson

Edited by billfromlaketravis

49 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Texas should consider getting out their contract with Nike after the latest Preseason Polo release. Herman must have said, I really have to wear this f***ing shirt on TV? The Nike Victory Stripe series is a solid golf shirt and much, much sharper. 

I'll won't buy another pair of white Nike special release shoes. Dirt/smudge magnets. Even wearing them just at the gym, not outdoors, they look like s*** after about a month of use. Nike should release a burnt orange/ desert orange KD shoe. They make in them every other color. 

This is by far their best release : https://www.sbnation.com/2018/8/13/17660558/nike-free-trainer-v8-week-zero-collection-college-alabama-ohio-state-michigan-usc-clemson

There have been MANY burnt orange/desert orange KDs... almost 10 to be exact

• 1 month later...
On 5/17/2019 at 8:51 PM, billfromlaketravis said:

Eh, Nike still is the most consistently good for apparel imo. Their sweatshirts and jackets especially are generally far and away better than competitors.

14 minutes ago, brojangles2 said:

Does anyone have any input on the Peter Millar sizing tendencies? A brand that it is comparable to? I’m 230lbs and somehow wear a medium FootJoy shirt. Don’t even come close to that in any other brand, so I didn’t want any surprises if ordered online. 

You're probably an XL in Peter Millar.

Whatever your t-shirt size is, go one less w Peter Millar.

FootJoy shirts are enormous.

• Like 1

On 5/17/2019 at 7:51 PM, billfromlaketravis said:

Agree.  Last year's Week Zero were the best of them.  I liked the ones from 2017 a lot too but yeah they became my gym only shoes and they are fairly gnarly being almost two years old.

This guy purports to have pics of the ones for this year.  They are pretty different if the info is accurate.

https://texassneakers.com/2019/05/26/texas-longhorns-pegasus-36-leaks-for-week-zero-2019/

• Like 1

On 7/2/2019 at 3:38 PM, Texas St. Armadillos said:

You're probably an XL in Peter Millar.

Whatever your t-shirt size is, go one less w Peter Millar.

FootJoy shirts are enormous.

On 7/2/2019 at 3:42 PM, Red Five said:

I normally wear a large, so I ordered a large Peter Millar awhile back. When I put it on it looked like I was wearing a poncho. So yeah, order a size or two down. 

What they said.

2 hours ago, Hozz said:

Agree.  Last year's Week Zero were the best of them.  I liked the ones from 2017 a lot too but yeah they became my gym only shoes and they are fairly gnarly being almost two years old.

This guy purports to have pics of the ones for this year.  They are pretty different if the info is accurate.

https://texassneakers.com/2019/05/26/texas-longhorns-pegasus-36-leaks-for-week-zero-2019/

Not a huge fan, but screw it, I’ll buy it. I need some new kicks and they’re not white or that lunar grey stuff. 

I would murder my family for those

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1