Former Buff CB Kilt Over Parking Douchebaggery

Doc Reeves

Was going to post this in parking douchbaggery thread but thought it deserves its own. I remember him as being pretty good at Colorado during my first year (95-96)

Probably was criticizing the guy about backing his truck into their spot

Former NFL Player Is Fatally Shot in Dispute with Neighbor Over a Parking Space

Greg Hanlon

A former NFL player was fatally shot during a dispute with a neighbor over a parking space, PEOPLE confirms.

Anthony “T.J.” Cunningham, 46, died Monday after being shot Sunday, the Arapaho County Sheriff’s Office in Colorado announced.

Cunningham played for the Seattle Seahawks in 1996 as a defensive back after starring at the University of Colorado.

Marcus Johnson, 31, is charged with first-degree murder in the fatal shooting, according to Deborah Sherman, Public Affairs Manager for the sheriff’s office.

According to Sherman, the sheriff’s office got a call at about 9:20 a.m. that there was a man on the ground who was bleeding in front of Eaglecrest High School in Aurora.

Johnson then contacted authorities and allegedly told them he’d shot his neighbor. The two live across the street from each other in Aurora, says Sherman.

• Want to keep up with the latest crime coverage? Click here to get breaking crime news, ongoing trial coverage and details of intriguing unsolved cases in the True Crime Newsletter.

Johnson allegedly said he and Cunningham got into a physical fight over a parking space and continued to argue over text before deciding to “settle it” at the school, which was not in session and is very close to their homes, Sherman says.

During that encounter, in the driveway leading to the school, Johnson allegedly shot Cunningham multiple times, Sherman says. Cunningham died the next day.

Cunningham worked as an assistant principal in the Aurora Public Schools.

A statement from the school district obtained by PEOPLE says, “We are deeply saddened to learn that one of our assistant principals, Anthony (TJ) Cunningham, passed away yesterday. Our thought and prayers are with them during this tragic time.”

Johnson is currently in the Arapahoe County Jail, according to online records.

His arraignment was scheduled for Tuesday morning. It was not immediately clear if he has retained an attorney. 

3 hours ago, Ghost of Stevie Ray said:

2 lives lost over a parking space???  Guy was really willing to go to prison for the rest of his life over a fugging PARKING SPACE??  

I  am very interested to read these text messages.

There have been parking situations so awful that I would do my time in Rikers just to prove my point, I don’t play that shit.

3 hours ago, Ghost of Stevie Ray said:

2 lives lost over a parking space???  Guy was really willing to go to prison for the rest of his life over a fugging PARKING SPACE??  

I  am very interested to read these text messages.

Can't "lose" something you never valued.  Shooter gives no shits..  still doesnt and never will.