Top 5 candy rankings

Pancho

Happy to see only one mention of Hershey’s chocolate. It’s garbage. I’ll eat it in a pinch, but it is bad. Most foreigners, especially ones from countries with good Chocolate think Hershey’s tastes like vomit. Not hyperbole, but actual vomit. It is made different than other chocolate. Anyways...

Cadbury mini eggs and creme eggs are crack to me. When they started making those things nearly year round under the guise of other holidays, I was fucked.

Kroger’s brand peach o’s are better than name brand.

I don’t know if I can’t pick 5 in any order.

Happy to see only one mention of Hershey’s chocolate. It’s garbage. I’ll eat it in a pinch, but it is bad. Most foreigners, especially ones from countries with good Chocolate think Hershey’s tastes like vomit. Not hyperbole, but actual vomit. It is made different than other chocolate. Anyways...

Cadbury mini eggs and creme eggs are crack to me. When they started making those things nearly year round under the guise of other holidays, I was fucked.

Today I learned I like vomit. It is definitely worse after they removed the milk.

Today I learned I like vomit. It is definitely worse after they removed the milk.

My wife is Brazilian and can’t stand Hershey’s. Same for her Brazilian friends. From the Hershey’s wiki:

The Hershey Process milk chocolate in these bars uses fresh milk delivered directly from local farms. The process was developed by Milton Hershey and produced the first mass-produced chocolate in the United States. As a result, the Hershey flavor is widely recognized in the United States, but less so internationally, especially in areas where European chocolates are more widely available. The process is a company and trade secret, but experts speculate that the milk is partially lipolyzed, producing butyric acid, which stabilizes the milk from further fermentation. This flavor gives the product a particular sour, "tangy" taste that the US public has come to associate with the taste of chocolate, to the point that other manufacturers often add butyric acid to their milk chocolates.[1] The American bar's taste profile was not as popular with the Canadian public, leading Hershey to introduce a reformulated Canadian bar in 1983.[2]

3 hours ago, mycox said:

cherry sours aren't on anyone's list?

They're on mine.  In high school I used to go to the Lammes in Northcross mall after getting lunch (usually at Cozzoli's), and I'd get a pound of those things.  I'd eat half the bag in the car on the way back to school, and kill the other half on the way home after school.  Those were the days.

So I'll say

1) Reese's PBC

2) Cherry sours

3) Right Twix

4) Spree

5) Junior Mints

No disrespect, PS, but I couldn't care less what foreigners think about Hershey's.  I like it and will continue to like it.  

Haha, I don’t care what you eat man. Don’t get butt hurt. I was just stating I think it is subpar and because it is made differently than most milk chocolate, foreigners don’t typically care for it.

Just now, Patricio Swayze said:

Haha, I don’t care what you eat man. Don’t get butt hurt. I was just stating I think it is subpar and because it is made differently than most milk chocolate, foreigners don’t typically care for it.

It's not even real milk chocolate.  Americans settle for shit when it comes to food.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Patricio Swayze said:

Fuck what foreigners think. 

• Like 2

I was under the impression that Hershey's (and many other American chocolates) includes a wax that helps with shelf stability.  

I've had tremendous chocolate in France, Belgium, and Switzerland.  There is no comparison.  However, I'm kinda screwed with my nut allergy (hey-o!) and just can't touch most stuff on the shelves here in the US.

I have ordered this from NYC (which imports it from Paris) and chanced it -- amazing quality, at about $1 per bite:

La Maison du Chocolat

This guy.  Sometimes Sam's carries it, but usually i order a case on Amazon.

MUNCH-Wrapper-Small.jpg

Also Burnt mentioned malted milk balls.   I'll add:

WP_20160316_16_51_02_Pro(1).jpg

And as far as chewy candy wrecking dental work, one of these guys was the first to dislodge one of my fillings:

tumblr_nvjv9nZ1q31tklspfo1_640.png

For me, best Canadian candy bar:

IMG_5676.JPG

Also, my local Kroger's had several cases of the Reese's PB hearts left at like 1 buck a bag.  I bought 4. 

2 hours ago, BurntEyes said:

Junior mints.. this has to be purely based on the nick name Slick gave you... Right?!?!

Nothing to do with that at all.  Junior Mints have always been my favorite movie candy, and they're also one of my favorite "mixins" when chopped into Amy's ice cream (sweet cream is the ice cream of choice in that case, in case you were wondering).

• Like 1

Do not forget the greatness of the Necco wafer, the cockroach of candies.  Nuclear winter could not harm these glorious tabs of awfulness:
enhanced-buzz-14534-1351284800-16.jpg?downsize=800:*&output-format=auto&output-quality=auto

I have to admit that their original flavor conversation are addictive and I can kill a bag. But then those dumbfuck Yankees changes the flavors in like 2014 and they are so fucking disgusting.

I think they changed them back.

Hmm, I thought I read something about them going to, but then saw people complaining it was still the new crap.

Edit:

I see that Necco folded and was bought by an investment firm that sold off parts of it to other companies. A company in Ohio called Spangler got the hearts. Trying to figure out if they changed the flavors back.