Italian

Landomatic

• 2 weeks later...

I like Sorrento also but usually I'm just hitting up an "Italian" place that's just good enough for right now.  Carrabba's, Napoli on Beechnut, Ciro's Memorial City, etc.  I guess until Dago posts and tells us where the actual Italian food is, I'll keep it that way.  

On March 28, 2019 at 11:54 AM, elfenix said:

the fam used to go to ciro's all the time back when i was in high school.  used to be on the other side of I-10.  didn't go near as often when it was attached to the tanning booth.

Did you ever go to The Great Charcoal Chicken when it was next to Ciro's across the freeway?  I loved that place. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

we're downtown for a couple of nights, i have a probate hearing tuesday morning...

just returned from Osso & Kristalla down the street. 

polenta tots were one of the best appetizers i've ever had. both entrees were absolutely delicious (shrimp linguine and chicken pesto rigatoni) if a bit heavier than expected, in like that awesome, rich way 😁 good stuff. but glad we walked from hotel!

• Like 2

On 5/9/2019 at 1:47 PM, Smax said:

Has anyone tried the new BB's Italian kitchen in the old Carmellos location?

came here to post about it.  it is legit.  the chicken fettuccine alfredo is the best I've had and their side called italian grits is a nice twist on polenta.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/27/2019 at 2:30 PM, hornimal said:

came here to post about it.  it is legit.  the chicken fettuccine alfredo is the best I've had and their side called italian grits is a nice twist on polenta.

Agreed, except I didn't get the alfredo. We got chicken parm and some pappardelle thing. Everything was finominle. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/14/2019 at 9:26 PM, DoobieWah said:

I've seen it reported that it has closed. I cannot personally confirm.

Sometimes they shut down for a couple weeks and go on vacation.  Hope it isn’t closed. 

I also like Amalfi.  Which is in the sameness strip center as The Palm.  Excellent food.  And the friendliest service I’ve seen.  

• 2 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Was in town last week and took a lady friend to Potente. Hadn't been in awhile and it did not disappoint. We were having trouble deciding what to order and our waiter offered an off menu multi course tasting menu which included the foie gras spaghetti al tartufo nero and waygu filet all of it was amazing.

Not really traditional Italian but it was one of the better meals Ive had in awhile.

Highly reccomend

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, pepper brooks said:

you can still get almost everything that was on the DOlce menu at Vinotecca Rosa just down the street.  

If you mean Poscol, yeah...We went once right after DV closed and during the pandemic... it wasn't the same.  The pizza crust was different...but looking at their menu now, it looks like they've imported quite a bit from the old DV menu...will have to give it another go.

On 10/14/2021 at 1:05 PM, Tylerocks said:

If you mean Poscol, yeah...We went once right after DV closed and during the pandemic... it wasn't the same.  The pizza crust was different...but looking at their menu now, it looks like they've imported quite a bit from the old DV menu...will have to give it another go.

Yes. I meant poscol.  

• 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Tex48 said:

Went to Mia Bella at Greenway for Happy Hour. Duck tortellini and Risotto were great. Also I liked the create your own pasta dish. The jalapeño pesto is so good.  

Big fan of this place. Their seafood lasagna and lamb ossobuco are also very good, along with that duck tortellini. 

Anyone know anything about the Thursday Italian Steak night at Mia Bella? I saw it on the list of their specials. The food was good when I went the other day and it's really close to my office. 

edit: Turns out the ended it because it got too expensive or something nevermind. 

Edited by Tex48