UT game with kids question

TenaciousTgarden

Planning to take my sports/longhorns-obsessed 5 yr old to a game this weekend (and probably several this season).  Do they still do the "kids run the bases" thing on Sundays after the game?  Do you have to be a Kids Club member to do that? Any other tips for taking a little kid? Been a couple years since we last went and can't wait to share it with him now that he actually gets it (and is playing t-ball).

2 hours ago, TenaciousTgarden said:

Planning to take my sports/longhorns-obsessed 5 yr old to a game this weekend (and probably several this season).  Do they still do the "kids run the bases" thing on Sundays after the game?  Do you have to be a Kids Club member to do that? Any other tips for taking a little kid? Been a couple years since we last went and can't wait to share it with him now that he actually gets it (and is playing t-ball).

Not sure since first home series of year,   May want to give Bellmont a call at 512-471-3333.   Or call  Drew Bishop,  Dir of Baseball Ops, 512-471-9900 (staff directory).

If you are there early,   many parents and children enjoy standing above the tunnel when the players come out for pregame warmup.    Some are able to get autographs/take photos of players and sometimes they announce an autograph session postgame along the right field line where photos with the players are available.   Players normally start coming out approx 60 minutes before game time.   Consider bringing the appropriate pen for autographs.    Again,  not sure about the base running or postgame autographs.

Hope you have a great time !    You sound as excited as your 5 yr old.    😊

3 hours ago, TenaciousTgarden said:

Last year Sunday's were run around the bases/play in the outfield post game. Also after every game players sign autographs down by first base line stands at the end of the game. You do not have to be a kid's club member to do it. So bring a ball and a sharpie.

Dress in layers for the early season games as it is ~10 degrees colder in stands and windy as shit in the earlier games.

3 hours ago, EZ$ said:

No need to go yourself....just drop them off at the gate and let DDA take care of them for 2-3 hours. 

😀

I am 95% sure DDA was at the CDC Town Hall and   asked a question from the microphone.    Burnt orange sweatshirt, cap on backwards.   He is actually an articulate, intelligent guy.  (I was not there but watched the broadcast)

(Tgarden,  DDA is the guy on LHN broadcasts sitting behind home plate with David Ash jersey acting freely in case you did not know)