2020 Ryder Cup

smwhorn

This is where I'm at. 
And if JT/JS don't shit the bed, it's at least 6.5-1.5.  I recall at least 4-5 putts within 10-12 feet they missed.

JT missed 5 putts within 9’. Jordo missed 1 7.5’er, and was 1 of 2 from 15-18’.

If JT putts decently, the morning session is 4-0.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Curious what the Birdie stats show for Morikawa, Cantlay, Xander, Berger, Koepka and Spieth?? 
What about DJ playing in the afternoon again if he's still on a roll Saturday??
Hope Stricker leaves the Bryson/Scottie pair alone and sends them out again Saturday afternoon.
Besides DJ, JT, and Scottie, who else would partner well with Spieth in Fourball??

Leonard said the eight guys who Stricker sent out this afternoon were in the top 25 on Tour in birdies made this season. Went on to say that’s what you need in fourballs — guys that will make birdies.

Hard to find any fault in his decisions when he’s got a 6-2 lead after one day. That doesn’t happen often and only one time before (the Euros in ‘99) did that team not go on to win.

Leonard said the eight guys who Stricker sent out this afternoon were in the top 25 on Tour in birdies made this season. Went on to say that’s what you need in fourballs — guys that will make birdies.

Hard to find any fault in his decisions when he’s got a 6-2 lead after one day. That doesn’t happen often and only one time before (the Euros in ‘99) did that team not go on to win.

Let’s not Tom Herman this and keep the right foot on the pedal. A Friday lead for us isn’t unusual if I recall correctly over the last 10 years.

1 hour ago, markstanco said:

Let’s not Tom Herman this and keep the right foot on the pedal. A Friday lead for us isn’t unusual if I recall correctly over the last 10 years.

The US has typically jumped out to a lead in the AM session on the first day, only to give it all back in the afternoon. It's usually been even going into Saturday in the recent past. A 4-point lead after one day is not normal. I'll be shocked if the Euros beat us in singles Sunday. We are 8.5 points from the Cup after today. You can do the math from there.

8 minutes ago, C-Man said:

The US has typically jumped out to a lead in the AM session on the first day, only to give it all back in the afternoon. It's usually been even going into Saturday in the recent past. A 4-point lead after one day is not normal. I'll be shocked if the Euros beat us in singles Sunday. We are 8.5 points from the Cup after today. You can do the math from there.

Yeah - it would require a monumental collapse for them to retain. If not unprecedented it would be close. Obviously it isn't over and we need to come out swinging tomorrow but even if they go 4-4 tomorrow they'd need 8/12 Sunday. 

6-2 on day 1 is huge.

3 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Yeah - it would require a monumental collapse for them to retain. If not unprecedented it would be close. Obviously it isn't over and we need to come out swinging tomorrow but even if they go 4-4 tomorrow they'd need 8/12 Sunday. 

6-2 on day 1 is huge.

Yeah, 4-4 tomorrow makes it 10-6 US heading to singles. The US came back from that deficit in '99 and the Euros did it a few Cups ago. I think those are the only times a deficit that big has been made up.

I love this US team after watching them today. I don't think our 12 loses to their 12 on Sunday. I see 6-6 at the worst in singles, which means they need six of eight points tomorrow.

DJ picking up where he left off, hell of an approach after Morikawa leaked his 2nd into the right rough.  And then Morikawa cans the putt, up 2.

Wheels wobbling badly on the Rahm/Garcia wagon.  You hate to see it but at the same time you love to see it.

Edited by Redneck Mutha
  • Hook 'Em 1