The Dirt - Motley Crue Boipic

Don Johnson

The book was a great read. Such debauchery. My favorite story was how when they were first getting started and were broke, spending all the money they made on drugs, after a gig and banging random groupies, they would pool their money and buy a burrito. Then they'd take turn sticking their dicks in it to get the smell of pussy off before they went home to the girlfriends.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Nole-4-Life said:

The book was a great read. Such debauchery. My favorite story was how when they were first getting started and were broke, spending all the money they made on drugs, after a gig and banging random groupies, they would pool their money and buy a burrito. Then they'd take turn sticking their dicks in it to get the smell of pussy off before they went home to the girlfriends.

Weren't they also the ones who had a running competition to see who could go the longest without showering, but still get a groupie to suck their dicks?

someone gave me the book to read before i started writing my book.  i liked it but it got repetitive, as i'm sure their lives did as well.  i liked the little parts like (if i recall) when they were using aerosmith's plane and those guys left a note basically warning them of where their lifestyle was taking them.

also i remember when they were looking for their dealer and someone was like, "he jumped out the window and is running down the street yelling "i just killed nikki sixx!""

this will be terrible, but most netflix movies are.

• Like 1

Definite watch.  Even if you're not a MC fan (I enjoy their music, even saw them live once, but wouldn't consider myself a 'huge fan') you'd probably enjoy this because of the stories.

I'm sure I'll be the only one, but I believed the best music they had was the album that Vince wasn't on.  Got zero problems with Vince, just thought Corabi was better and musically their best album.  Of course people are sheep and do not realize that different can be good too.

Though the music was heavier and more elaborate than the rest of the Mötley Crüe catalog, it did not sell as well as previous releases from the band. Before a concert in Tucson, Arizona which had a 15,000 seat capacity, only 4,000 tickets were sold. Nikki Sixx decided to call into a Tucson area radio station and offer any fan who showed up free tickets. When only two people took Sixx up on his offer, Sixx stated he knew this version of the band was finished.

• 1 month later...

I finished it up this morning.  It obviously is not going to be up for any awards, but it seems to be a pretty good adaptation of the book to screen.  The acting is generally not so great, and their hair and make-up budget was obviously limited.  THat said, if you like R&R history, and don't take things too seriously, it is a fun waste of 1:50:00 of your time.  Those dudes have definitely lived with the pedal to the floor.  

46 minutes ago, pepper brooks said:

I finished it up this morning.  It obviously is not going to be up for any awards, but it seems to be a pretty good adaptation of the book to screen.  The acting is generally not so great, and their hair and make-up budget was obviously limited.  THat said, if you like R&R history, and don't take things too seriously, it is a fun waste of 1:50:00 of your time.  Those dudes have definitely lived with the pedal to the floor.  

Agreed, and I don't know how they do it without covering it but the death of Vince's daughter really took the edge off the fun ride it was on. 

On 2/21/2019 at 6:55 PM, mulletpelini said:

Definite watch.  Even if you're not a MC fan (I enjoy their music, even saw them live once, but wouldn't consider myself a 'huge fan') you'd probably enjoy this because of the stories.

I'm sure I'll be the only one, but I believed the best music they had was the album that Vince wasn't on.  Got zero problems with Vince, just thought Corabi was better and musically their best album.  Of course people are sheep and do not realize that different can be good too.

I have a friend who is a huge Corabi fan (to the point of buying a couple of his guitars) and he would salute you for saying this.

I thought it was ok. If you're looking to waste time and not think too much, this is the movie for you. 

Overall, I just thought it was pointless. If you're an 80's kid or a rock 'n roll fan, you've heard all of these stories multiple times. I'm not sure we needed yet another telling of it through yet another different medium. The acting was subpar. I smoked before and lol'd at several points because the acting was so bad. Tommy telling Nikki about his divorce from Heather Locklear and saying, "I think she's the one that got away, bro" made me laugh pretty fucking hard. 

I'm beginning to not like the look of Netflix movies too. They're all lit the same and starting to look like Hallmark movies. 

15 hours ago, Jograves said:

I'm beginning to not like the look of Netflix movies too. They're all lit the same and starting to look like Hallmark movies. 

I just recently read an article that posited that the ubiquity of Netflix, it’s ownership of rights,  and its need to churn out new buzzworthy content every week would be the death of the current golden age of quality television and a return  to something more like the classic low-end “TV Movie of the Week.”  

Made some sense. 

• Like 2

I may be biased (die-hard fan of Motley Crue and that whole Sunset Strip Era, Faster Pussycat, LA Guns, Dokken, etc. etc.) but I loveddd this movie, totally lived up to my expectations of what I was looking for.  I can understand for a casual observer how the movie was good not great, but for a 27 year old who is a die-hard fan of that genre who didn't actually get to live through it, it was cool to see a movie adaptation of that story, I really enjoyed it.

Pretty superficial, but it held my attention because, you know, boobs.  I was never a fan of Motley Crue or any of the other metal hairbands.  Probably the most interesting thing musically about the entire movie was hearing a sliver of "Keep on Knocking" by Death within the first 5 minutes.  Talk about a band that should have been better known.  

3 hours ago, justinjc7 said:

I may be biased (die-hard fan of Motley Crue and that whole Sunset Strip Era, Faster Pussycat, LA Guns, Dokken, etc. etc.) but I loveddd this movie, totally lived up to my expectations of what I was looking for.  I can understand for a casual observer how the movie was good not great, but for a 27 year old who is a die-hard fan of that genre who didn't actually get to live through it, it was cool to see a movie adaptation of that story, I really enjoyed it.

I feel bad for those who did not get to live through the 80's MTV years.

• Like 5

I thought it was fun mindless entertainment.  Kind of how I viewed them and their music.  I never read the book but based upon some of the earlier comments (i.e. burrito, etc.) I wish that shit was put in.  I want the real Dirt.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nuge said:

I thought it was fun mindless entertainment.  Kind of how I viewed them and their music.  I never read the book but based upon some of the earlier comments (i.e. burrito, etc.) I wish that shit was put in.  I want the real Dirt.

It wasn't that sanitized.  Hell the movie (just like the book) opens with the damn squirter scene.  They also had the pool scene with Ozzy, Nikki's heroin issues etc..  They had an hour and a half to cover about 15 years of their career, they can't have every "Dirt"-y thing they ever did in the movie, I don't really get the whole sanitized talk.  

That being said, I probably would have been one of the few ones to enjoy this, but being the fan I am, I wish they could have made it a 3 part mini-series or something.  It felt like they just had to rush through their whole career to quickly to fit everything in. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, justinjc7 said:

It wasn't that sanitized.  Hell the movie (just like the book) opens with the damn squirter scene.  They also had the pool scene with Ozzy, Nikki's heroin issues etc..  They had an hour and a half to cover about 15 years of their career, they can't have every "Dirt"-y thing they ever did in the movie, I don't really get the whole sanitized talk.  

That being said, I probably would have been one of the few ones to enjoy this, but being the fan I am, I wish they could have made it a 3 part mini-series or something.  It felt like they just had to rush through their whole career to quickly to fit everything in. 

Good point(s).  Hell, they had to cut out a whole character (one of their managers).  I multi-part series would be pretty cool.

Ramsay is a musician 

9 hours ago, Junior Miller said:

Looking at Mick Mars and seeing that sadistic fuck Ramsay Bolton all movie was jarring. I'd never seen that guy in anything else until now so it was impossible to separate from Ramsay

He's a pretty decent musician in real life