Former Coogs CB Coach Paul Williams added as Horns analyst

ztejas

4 minutes ago, satyanash said:

Wrong Houston. Lol

(unless you think NFL CB coach --> college QC analyst is a totally reasonable jump)

I dunno. I could see chillin' in Austin for a couple of years, making 200k or whatever to just watch football and offer up my "analysis."   Those migas at Cisco's aren't just going to eat themselves!

2 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

I dunno. I could see chillin' in Austin for a couple of years, making 200k or whatever to just watch football and offer up my "analysis."   Those migas at Cisco's aren't just going to eat themselves!

Analysts don't get paid nearly that much.

1 minute ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

I don't doubt you but, out of curiousity, until/unless it becomes a matter of public record,  how do you know how much our analysts are getting paid?

I can assume we're not paying much more than Bama is paying theirs.

https://www.al.com/alabamafootball/2018/03/butch_jones_alabama_salary_rev.html

247Sports' Blake Munroe on the hire:

Williams doesn’t have significant ties to Houston and he can’t recruit off campus. He worked under Al Golden and Mark D’Onofrio at both Temple and Miami. Apparently he has a sharp mind, but his position coaching left a lot to be desired... So he is perfect for an analyst role.

2 minutes ago, dingleberryswitzer said:

But most of these analysts are recently fired,  and could be still on payroll of the previous school right? 

Yeah, Fedora and Beaty (whenever he makes it here) will be living primarily off their buyouts from their previous HC stint.

This guy is probably just not good enough to get a real assistant job at the P5 level.

Edited by Machinator

43 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Yeah, Fedora and Beaty (whenever he makes it here) will be living primarily off their buyouts from their previous HC stint.

This guy is probably just not good enough to get a real assistant job at the P5 level.

Butch Jones paid only $35k by Bama last season while Tennessee also paid him over $2million during 2018....

Edited by LTtxfan
correction

1 hour ago, JOSEYWALES66 said:

Isn't each school limited to 10 analysts?  If so, how many did Texas have last year?

Not sure on #limit on analysts but saw this in article about Bama....

"The Crimson Tide first had three members of their staff listed as analysts in 2010, then six in 2011 and 10 in 2012 before settling on eight in each of the last three seasons."

Edited by LTtxfan

38 minutes ago, JOSEYWALES66 said:

Ok.  I thought there was a limit.  Appears there isn't.  Thanks for the feedback. 

There have been ongoing discussions by NCAA on limiting staff sizes for CFB due to Saban..... Discussions were tabled though in Jan 2018, but could resume again soon.

https://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/01/17/ncaa-tables-discussions-on-limiting-staff-size/comment-page-1/

https://247sports.com/college/alabama/Bolt/Alabama-Crimson-Tide-Football-NCAA-tabling-of-football-coaching-staff-size-proposal-should-please-Nick-Saban-113849484/

https://www.tidesports.com/ncaa-taking-aim-college-football-staff-sizes/

"It is widely believed, though no one has reported an exact number, that Alabama has the largest staff in the country. Bob Bowlsby, the chair of the Division I Football Oversight Committee, recently said one school “employed a football staff of 97.”

Bowlsby didn’t name a school, but to the reporters he relayed the information to, there was a strong indication he was looking toward Tuscaloosa."

Edited by LTtxfan