Texas to play ULL in 2021

Machinator

We continue to backtrack on our offseason schedule. I feel like this is doing both the program and the fans a disservice. I mean I understand why it is happening and I understand that ultimately we will be rewarded for it with swooning over our inflated record, but it sucks.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

We continue to backtrack on our offseason schedule. I feel like this is doing both the program and the fans a disservice. I mean I understand why it is happening and I understand that ultimately we will be rewarded for it with swooning over our inflated record, but it sucks.

I cant tell if you are being sarcastic.  Have you seen our OOC the next 10 years?  Its very good, loaded with blue bloods.  This is a one off game to pay back one we owed, dont freak out over 1 season.

Just now, jdhorn92 said:

I cant tell if you are being sarcastic.  Have you seen our OOC the next 10 years?  Its very good, loaded with blue bloods.  This is a one off game to pay back one we owed, dont freak out over 1 season.

Yes. I am aware that that one season is especially shitty with Arkansas being our "blue blood". But before we had one middling P5 team (Maryland), one blue blood (USC), and one G5 team (Tulsa). Now we seem to be going with two G5 teams. I am not happy about that.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

13 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

giphy.gif

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Valmy77 said:

We are on our way though. It is very frustrating to see.

It sucks but we have to make sacrifices as fans.  Blame the jackasses on the CFP committee.  They are the ones providing the incentive to schedule crap.  Texas Football is simply reacting to those incentives.  Until the SEC gets punished for scheduling much worse than this, Belmont SHOULD schedule some cream puffs.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Machinator said:

He's miffed that our "second" noncon game is now a G5 instead of a midlevel P5.

Which is kind of annoying. Berkeley is a cool place to play, and College Park should have been before they moved it to the dump in Landover. It feels like we're more connected to the rest of CFB when we play those games. 

Incentives being what they are, I get it, but it's a loss.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Valmy77 said:

You know, there's an actiual website for Texas athletics that contains our future football schedules. Maybe you should go take a peek. If you already have but still somehow think that playing home and homes with Michigan, Alabama, Ohio State, and Georgia sucks-- well, I can't really help you.

39 minutes ago, MaxHorn said:

You know, there's an actiual website for Texas athletics that contains our future football schedules. Maybe you should go take a peek. If you already have but still somehow think that playing home and homes with Michigan, Alabama, Ohio State, and Georgia sucks-- well, I can't really help you.

Based on last years schedule Arkansas is equal to Maryland. Lower/Middle tier team in power conf on the road.   ULL should have been a game vs a traditional Power like USC was. Every other year looks nice on paper but the 2021 home  schedule absolutely blows.

Home Schedule will be

ULL

Rice

Kansas

KST

Ok St

Texas Tech

This year is similar but the LSU game  offsets that in a major way. 

15 minutes ago, joeycovers said:

Based on last years schedule Arkansas is equal to Maryland. Lower/Middle tier team in power conf on the road.   ULL should have been a game vs a traditional Power like USC was. Every other year looks nice on paper but the 2021 home  schedule absolutely blows.

Home Schedule will be

ULL

Rice

Kansas

KST

Ok St

Texas Tech

This year is similar but the LSU game  offsets that in a major way. 

2021 is not an ideal schedule, and I happily admit that. We obviously had an opening we had to fill, and I'm betting Del Conte tried to fill it with a bigger-name team. One problem: no P5 school is gonna give us a one-off home game on one year's notice. I'm sure he tried to work something out but eventually had to settle for Louisiana. Given our future schedule opponents post-2021, I wouldn't worry about this one-off.

Edited by MaxHorn
extra line of repeated text
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, MaxHorn said:

2021 is not an ideal schedule, and I happily admit that. We obviously had an opening we had to fill, and I'm betting Del Cone tried to fill it with a bigger-name team. One problem: no P5 school is gonna give us a one-off home game on one year's notice. I'm sure he tied to work something out but eventually had to settle for Louisiana. Given our future schedule opponents post-2021, I wouldn't worry about this one-off.

I mean i get that.. I don't expect Clemson to roll in for 1 home game but at least a team like UCF, UH or Boise would have been better. Hell I would even rather see BYU as long as Hill stays in the NFL. They are always looking for games. 

We have had that opening for a while also.. It didn't just pop up. 

Edited by joeycovers
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, joeycovers said:

I mean i get that.. I don't expect Clemson to roll in for 1 home game but at least a team like UCF, UH or Boise would have been better. Hell I would even rather see BYU as long as Hill stays in the NFL. They are always looking for games. 

We have had that opening for a while also.. It didn't just pop up. 

UH, UCF, and Boise State would probably want a home-and-home as well.

1 minute ago, joeycovers said:

So schedule it for 2025 or beyond where we only have 1 game scheduled... Hell we are playing Arkansas a decade later.

The Arkansas game is only being played this late because the original date was pushed back.

Playing a high-level G5 is equivalent to playing a midlevel P5 but with even less prestige.

2 minutes ago, Machinator said:

The Arkansas game is only being played this late because the original date was pushed back.

Playing a high-level G5 is equivalent to playing a midlevel P5 but with even less prestige.

Well fact is any high level G5 would create more buzz to open the season than ULL. They could have made it happen but chose not to. CDC has done many great things.. this is not one of em and he dropped the ball for a paycheck. 

Just now, joeycovers said:

Well fact is any high level G5 would create more buzz to open the season than ULL. They could have made it happen but chose not to. CDC has done many great things.. this is not one of em and he dropped the ball for a paycheck. 

The goal is to improve our chances of making the CFP.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, SimonBolivar said:

They identify as Louisiana now you bigot shitbirds. ULaLa was their slave name.

I read a couple of articles several years ago about the pissing match they had with ULM and the Sunbelt and that was an aggy level quest for legitimacy. At one point they were the Lousiana Lousiana Ragin Cajuns.

2 hours ago, Valmy77 said:

Yes. I am aware that that one season is especially shitty with Arkansas being our "blue blood". But before we had one middling P5 team (Maryland), one blue blood (USC), and one G5 team (Tulsa). Now we seem to be going with two G5 teams. I am not happy about that.

Current 8 year-olds will see us play regular season games against LSU, Alabama, Michigan, Ohio State, and Georgia before they graduate high school.  I legitimately can't tell if you're trolling because your take is so far off from reality.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, F250 said:

I read a couple of articles several years ago about the pissing match they had with ULM and the Sunbelt and that was an aggy level quest for legitimacy. At one point they were the Lousiana Lousiana Ragin Cajuns.

I was looking into this a bit earlier. If you look at UT's official baseball schedule it says they played Louisiana and if you go to LSU's it says they are playing UL-Lafayette. ULM doesn't say Louisiana or UL-L anywhere it says they're playing the Ragin' Cajuns and is the only school listed by their mascot.

46 minutes ago, SimonBolivar said:

I was looking into this a bit earlier. If you look at UT's official baseball schedule it says they played Louisiana and if you go to LSU's it says they are playing UL-Lafayette. ULM doesn't say Louisiana or UL-L anywhere it says they're playing the Ragin' Cajuns and is the only school listed by their mascot.

I believe the Sunbelt officially recognized them as Louisiana so they are Lousiana when it comes to sports which is why they have that name on a UT schedule. ULM has taken the position that it will be a cold day in hell before they even acknowledge the University of Louisiana (UL) prefix. LSU sure as shit isn't going to refer to them as Louisiana.

• Like 1

Current 8 year-olds will see us play regular season games against LSU, Alabama, Michigan, Ohio State, and Georgia before they graduate high school.  I legitimately can't tell if you're trolling because your take is so far off from reality.
What if they are BLIND!?!??