I forgot that I used to rap

Goo Punch

As you'll read in the caption I legitimately/continuously forget that I used to write/record/promote/do shows/etc. I don't even have any of my own music. But yesterday by chance I came across the last verse I wrote. It was five years ago (I had already quit rapping by then) when I did a verse on a track that my friend was making. And, seeing as it's Austin-themed and was shot at DKR, I figured I'd share it here.

• Like 8

8 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Nice place.  (At least the HS.)  We'll be out there in a couple of weeks for the track meet.

Oh yeah, our US (upper school as it's called) campus is beautiful. I mean so is my campus no doubt, but every time i work up at the US it feels like i'm on a college campus. A nice one. Of course it felt a lot nicer a few years ago when Ty Detmer was our HC (nicest guy on the planet) and the likes of Ramonce Taylor and Kasey Studdard were some of our assistants and our football team was awesome. Our athletics have *tanked* as a whole since we lost Coach Detmer. Was nice while it lasted though.

(ok that's enough name dropping for one post, lol)

Edited by Goo Punch

3 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:

Oh yeah, our US (upper school as it's called) campus is beautiful. I mean so is my campus no doubt, but every time i work up at the US it feels like i'm on a college campus. A nice one. Of course it felt a lot nicer a few years ago when Ty Detmer was our HC (nicest guy on the planet) and the likes of Ramonce Taylor and Kasey Studdard were some of our assistants and our football team was awesome. Our athletics have *tanked* as a whole since we lost Coach Detmer. Was nice while it lasted though.

(ok that's enough name dropping for one post, lol)

Just start paying Samoan kids again

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Bash Riprock said:

"Omg, I totally forgot I use to try and rap. Heres a video I stumbled upon, wow totally forgot."

Who fucking cares? Fuckin tool.

lol @ you getting this upset over something so trivial. lol @ you getting all huffy and puffy and angry as you pound away at your keyboard all upset that derka posted something.

btw, every person i've ever known who can get that upset over something as innocuous as this has been incredibly insecure. sorry to hear about your baby peen bro. 

Edited by Goo Punch

LMAO at the part where you're in the cheapest seats in the house.

LIKE A BOSS!

The whole white guy rapping schtick (sans a handful of crackas/Eminem, Beastie Boys...) just rings a little too much with this bit...

"Stick to your faggoty Polkas and Waltzes!"

• Like 1

7 hours ago, C-Man said:

No you didn’t.

i sincerely did/do. like, the type of thing that you just up and walk away from one day...not that memorable. plus anyone who knows my dad knows that he has this super weird brain that he handed down to me. true story- the other day he's telling me about some Texas vs UGA game from 1958 or something and he's telling me how he remembers it like it's yesterday, telling me all these details about Fran Tarkenton beefing with his coach, yet this is the same guy who, when we went to eat at Cheddar's one time said, "Oh i've never been here before", despite the fact that not only had he been there several times before, but that the freaking roof caved in during a hail storm while we were there one time. It's a goofy burden to bear. 

Again, whether you believe me or not, I still freestyle every day, but as far as writing/recording/performing/making cds and mixtapes goes? I truly forget that I used to do that all of the time. All of the time. And like I said I don't even own any of my music. FTR- i don't really like most of my music anyway. I don't need to make up a story to post this vid- that's not my MO. I've never had a problem with keeping it real around here, even when it's unpopular. So believe it or not, I really had forgotten all about this video's existence until i stumbled upon it while on youtube the other day. Same goes for "being a rapper". It's just something that i never ever think about. And fwiw I wouldn't believe me if i was you either, but it is the truth.

Edited by Goo Punch

And since this is apparently the Derka Derka rap pr0n thread, i may as well link one of those freestyles i keep talking about. Because here are the facts: Everone in Texas says thinks they can freestyle. Everyone thinks that they're cold, or thinks that they have a homeboy who's cold; but they aren't. And damn sure not when compared to me. I'll put my freestyle skills up against anybody you know or have ever even heard of, multiplatinum artists included. I'm the best at this, and i'm not shy about it. This is what I do, I do it well, and I been doing it this way for a very very long time. So i understand if you roll your eyes at someone who says "i can freestyle", but facts are facts- im the shit at this freestyle stuff. 

Oh and just to keep it Texas related, I did say, "I'm the rookie of the year like KD and VY" at one point during this particular flow from 10 years ago:

Edited by Goo Punch

10 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:

I'll put my freestyle skills up against anybody you know or have ever even heard of, multiplatinum artists included. I'm the best at this, and i'm not shy about it. This is what I do, I do it well, and I been doing it this way for a very very long time. So i understand if you roll your eyes at someone who says "i can freestyle", but facts are facts- im the shit at this freestyle stuff. 

Bro. No. Take a lap. 

"Oh I forgot I used to rap but also I'm the best freestyler you've ever heard of"

You say some questionable shit but that is one of the most hilariously asinine things I've seen on here.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Bro. No. Take a lap. 

"Oh I forgot I used to rap but also I'm the best freestyler you've ever heard of"

You say some questionable shit but that is one of the most hilariously asinine things I've seen on here.

i've explained myself pretty thoroughly. there's a huge difference in freestyling (something that a metric shit ton of people in this state do every day) and actually pursuing a career in rap music, something that i did but was never that into, something that i quit years ago and then distanced myself from, and something that i never think about because i have no reason to. i don't live in the same city, i don't hang around the same people, i don't own any of my own music, and more than anything, *nobody* on this site is more openly and blatantly honest than i am at all times. i have zero reason to lie. ever. and i'm not lying now. can you find any of my old music on youtube? does my ig even mention my old music one single time? no. because it was just some hobby that i did and then moved on from. 

bottomand the other bottom line is this- anybody with half a lick of sense can tell when someone is telling the truth and when someone is lying. it's that simple. maybe what i'm saying sounds unlikely to you, but with the amount of context i've given, and with my track record as someone who doesn't just go making shit up for no reason, it shouldn't be too difficult to tell that i'm being honest. 

Edited by Goo Punch

it's literally no different than someone forgetting that pogs existed, only to then stumble upon something about pogs and suddenly remember the badass collection of slammers you used to own. you were all invested in it at one point, then you moved on with life and forgot it existed until something reminded you. 

Edited by Goo Punch

1 hour ago, ztejas said:

Bro. No. Take a lap. 

I made it about 30 seconds before stopping & thinking "shit, that sounds just like the drunk ramblings of some guy on Rundberg trying to sell me a newspaper while offering to clean my windshield."

Derka: The Best Ever at Shit Nobody Wants.

• Like 2

You see Derka, this is where you fuck up. Rather then the fake memory loss, just own it. You’re proud of your effort, and ain’t a damn thing wrong with that.

Take it from a guitarist with over 50 years of experience. I sure as hell ain’t Clapton, and I ain’t good enough to clean his case. But, I sure as fuck will get on stage with anyone who posts on this site that isn’t credited with an effort that charted.

So to those who shit on your effort be a swinging dick, and call em out “I may not be great mother fucker, but i got brass balls, i was willing to try, and I’m a better man then you for it” sort of thing. Stop trying to defend it with some school yard shit.

• Like 2

On 3/1/2019 at 3:47 AM, Scooter Monzingo said:

You see Derka, this is where you fuck up. Rather then the fake memory loss, just own it. You’re proud of your effort, and ain’t a damn thing wrong with that.

Take it from a guitarist with over 50 years of experience. I sure as hell ain’t Clapton, and I ain’t good enough to clean his case. But, I sure as fuck will get on stage with anyone who posts on this site that isn’t credited with an effort that charted.

So to those who shit on your effort be a swinging dick, and call em out “I may not be great mother fucker, but i got brass balls, i was willing to try, and I’m a better man then you for it” sort of thing. Stop trying to defend it with some school yard shit.

You guys can continue to not believe me simply because you don't think that you would ever forget something like that, but  since when have i ever operated in a similar fashion to you guys? For starters i'm not proud of my work, hence the fact that i haven't posted any of my own songs here, and don't own any of them. I don't think even if them even exist in you the anymore. When i was younger (middle school and HS) and was just rapping for fun and just rapping about the same old stereotypical BS, you know what? I went pretty hard. I was pretty good. But that was before I "started taking rap seriously" and "trying to make a career out of it".

By the time I started doing that i was in a very unhealthy place in life, as anybody who posted with me on HF or the early days of the Shag knows. All of my songs became weepy, woe is me bullshit about being mentally ill and addicted to prescription drugs,  songs that i have no interest in listening to and frankly am embarrassed of. That music was nowhere near my best effort. And again- i don't live in the same place, i don't see the same people, and i try not to really ever think about that time in my life to be honest with you. I also have taken a metric shit ton of benzos over the years (still do) and have worse sleep issues than you can imagine, and if you don't think that those two things don't play a huge factor in having memory loss then you just have zero interest in taking me seriously to begin with.

I'm damn sure proud of my ability to freestyle, and it shows in my posts. i do enjoy that as a hobby, i do still freestyle every day, and i am still around other people who do so as well, and the truth is that it's a hobby that's not in the same neighborhood as pursuing a rap career. I will continue to respond to those who respond to me, but i will never ever ever concede something that isn't true, and anybody actually who knows me isn't surprised when they hear me say these things, because again, they actually know me. Y'all don't. Unbelievable as it may seem, my "rap career" ended nearly a decade ago, and despite whatever natural talent i may have it isn't something that i ever think about unless it's a situation like the other day when i stumble upon something hay reminds me. 

But isn't freestyling a style of rap.  If you still freestyle everyday that doesn't kick up the memories of man, hold up screw I used to write, talk about being high as a kite, now I don't use a pen and a pad, because the rap game was just a fad.  I took benzos, so I forgot about my my dreams of rolling around in enzos. 

Its not like man when the Thanos movie came out and they were in space and shit I remembered I used to collect marvel comic cards and they had a whole set of it in space.  I didn't think of that comic card series in probably 15 years but when it showed Thanos I said fuck I used to collect those cards

Edited by FartingMonk
  • Haha 1