Chelsea hit with two window transfer ban

Goo Punch

Chelsea will appeal in order to have access to the market this summer, and hopefully they get the ban reduced to one window vs. two.  To TexArcher's point, it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world if Chelsea's board had to take some time off from the transfer market.  They have fucked up in spectacular fashion over the last few years.  Outside of Kante and (hopefully) Pulisic, it's hard to find any positives in the decisions they have made.  

Chelsea will appeal in order to have access to the market this summer, and hopefully they get the ban reduced to one window vs. two.  To TexArcher's point, it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world if Chelsea's board had to take some time off from the transfer market.  They have fucked up in spectacular fashion over the last few years.  Outside of Kante and (hopefully) Pulisic, it's hard to find any positives in the decisions they have made.  

Rudiger has been excellent
Christensen will be
Holding onto RLC and so far CHO
Emerson is showing progress
Getting good money for both Tbo and Diego in shit circumstances.

Just some positives I see.

Rudiger has been excellent
Christensen will be
Holding onto RLC and so far CHO
Emerson is showing progress
Getting good money for both Tbo and Diego in shit circumstances.

Just some positives I see.

They purchased Christensen at 15, along with countless others. Eventually one was going to work out, though he has received very little play time since switching back to a back 4.

Rudi is a fine player and I should have included him.

Emerson theoretically has potential, but he hasn’t beat out Alonso and Marcos has been a whipping boy this season.

The board hasn’t been 100% awful, as that would require some level of intent to avoid the occasional bit of success. That said, they’ve been too often lethargic and unquestionably poor for a pretty long stretch of time.

They purchased Christensen at 15, along with countless others. Eventually one was going to work out, though he has received very little play time since switching back to a back 4.

Rudi is a fine player and I should have included him.

Emerson theoretically has potential, but he hasn’t beat out Alonso and Marcos has been a whipping boy this season.

The board hasn’t been 100% awful, as that would require some level of intent to avoid the occasional bit of success. That said, they’ve been too often lethargic and unquestionably poor for a pretty long stretch of time.

No shit on Christensen, but the board also managed to get him to stay after quite a bit of noise he wanted out.

Emerson did just play a cup tie over Alonso, and I dont know how you would blame the board for Sarris line ups.

Ok who should they have pushed harder for? No one knew what KdB and Salah would do in 5 years and it appears that Lukaku went to Manure based on his choice of agent and has since regretted it.

No shit on Christensen, but the board also managed to get him to stay after quite a bit of noise he wanted out.

Emerson did just play a cup tie over Alonso, and I dont know how you would blame the board for Sarris line ups.

Ok who should they have pushed harder for? No one knew what KdB and Salah would do in 5 years and it appears that Lukaku went to Manure based on his choice of agent and has since regretted it.

Feels like a discussion to take back to the main Chelsea thread, but whatever. Their three biggest failures have been 1) being slow and/or cheap, 2) spending stupidly on highly questionable plan B’s/plan C’s in response, 3) giving up on talented youngsters before they have been given a chance to get on the pitch. A few recent examples:

Papy Djilobodji (don’t even recall who we were after at CB at the time)
Alvaro Morata (after dragging our feet on Lukaku, who has been up and down at ManU, but I think that’s due to how much he doesn’t like it there)
Danny Drinkwater (mind boggling and indefensible even at the time)
Playing it slow/cheap with guys like Neymar, Modric, Koulibaly, Stones, any one of the Mendy/Walker/Danilo trio that went to City, etc, etc.
Giving up on KDb/Lukaku/Salah

There are more that I could go find, but these were just top of mind.

Again, they aren’t batting zero, but they have been hampering the club for a solid 5 year stretch and it’s getting really fucking old.