Bob Kraft Arrested in Sex Sting

4th&Five

Just now, sushihorn said:

The US takes in over 1 million people per year ...

... of which 600,000 are merely "Change of Status," meaning they're people who were already in the USA. So it's really just 400k per year. And it is, again, a net GDP positive, and nearly every study every done on the subject has shown that.

• Like 1

Just now, Rimbo said:

... of which 600,000 are merely "Change of Status," meaning they're people who were already in the USA. So it's really just 400k per year. And it is, again, a net GDP positive, and nearly every study every done on the subject has shown that.

We're talking about slavery, not economics.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I think the point of going after the customers is that if you eliminate the demand, the supply will go away.  

Kinda like the drug war with the difference being prostitutes have been in demand for thousands and thousands of years.

Just now, sushihorn said:

We're talking about slavery, not economics.

The two are not now, nor ever have been, independent of each other. They aren't even a little bit independent.

Just like with the drug trade, you can't remove the demand for people to want to come to the greatest country on the planet, the only country where you can build yourself up no matter what your background is. I would be worried if the demand wasn't there. By creating easier and more official channels for people to come to the USA, you set the government up in direct competition with the traffickers, and legitimate means drive them out of business.

This is happening with marijuana -- in states where it's fully legalized, the price has dropped through the floor, where it's no longer cost-effective to produce and sell it. Ain't that wonderful? Now do the same thing with people.

1 minute ago, F250 said:

Kinda like the drug war with the difference being prostitutes have been in demand for thousands and thousands of years.

Try the entirety of human history. The demand for cooch, and the demand for people to move to the greatest country in the world, will never go away.

I mean, we could elect Trump to a 2nd term and then under his incompetence and idiocy no longer be a country anyone wants to go to any more. That could help solve the problem. That seems to be Trump's strategy: Make the country such a shitty place to be that nobody wants to come here any more.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 8

2 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

The two are not now, nor ever have been, independent of each other. They aren't even a little bit independent.

Just like with the drug trade, you can't remove the demand for people to want to come to the greatest country on the planet, the only country where you can build yourself up no matter what your background is. I would be worried if the demand wasn't there. By creating easier and more official channels for people to come to the USA, you set the government up in direct competition with the traffickers, and legitimate means drive them out of business.

This is happening with marijuana -- in states where it's fully legalized, the price has dropped through the floor, where it's no longer cost-effective to produce and sell it. Ain't that wonderful? Now do the same thing with people.

Slavery is a social not an economic institution.  There hasn't been any economic rationale for it since mechanization.

2 minutes ago, sushihorn said:

Slavery is a social not an economic institution.  There hasn't been any economic rationale for it since mechanization.

Explain to me precisely how mechanization has replaced the human element in the field of prostitution and other erotic services. Are you trying to tell me I can fuck a robot and it's just as good or something?

I think you would also be surprised to learn that almost all of the victims of human trafficking did not fall into that business unwillingly. And it is, ultimately, strict immigration laws that enable the traffickers to enslave them. And it is absolutely 100% economic means -- the desire of the individuals to better themselves as members of the US's economy -- that draws them in to these traps in the first place.

I mean, your statements are just made-up fantasy-land notions that have no bearing on reality.

1 minute ago, Rimbo said:

Explain to me precisely how mechanization has replaced the human element in the field of prostitution and other erotic services. Are you trying to tell me I can fuck a robot and it's just as good or something?

I think you would also be surprised to learn that almost all of the victims of human trafficking did not fall into that business unwillingly. And it is, ultimately, strict immigration laws that enable the traffickers to enslave them. And it is absolutely 100% economic means -- the desire of the individuals to better themselves as members of the US's economy -- that draws them in to these traps in the first place.

I mean, your statements are just made-up fantasy-land notions that have no bearing on reality.

So your statement on Trump, so go fuck yourself.

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

Good lord, get out of here with that nonsense. 

With what nonsense exactly?

There are plenty of sex workers that are not trafficked. If you want to get your jollies with them, go to town.

But if you don’t know there’s a good likelihood that the girl at the “spa” is a trafficking victim, then yes, you’re willfully ignorant and your complicit in the trafficking and imprisonment.
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

Spend some time in Asia before popping off about something you obviously know nothing about.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, heso said:

ESPN trying to play this up like it’s going to be some major distraction to the players. 

Its February after they won the super bowl. This shit could happen in November and the players wouldn’t give a fuck. 

Exactly. As long as their checks still clear (and they will), they don't give a fuck what the owner does on his spare time. A head coach would hit a little closer to home and be more of a distraction. 

41 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

You should make sure you know a bit more about the person you're talking to before you make silly statements like this, ya know.

So you see many millions of women being held in slave-like conditions in foreign countries.  You see women being held in similar slave-like conditions in those immigrant communities within the US.  And somehow you conclude that this is the fault of US immigration law?  You seem to be trying to impose some sort of political agenda on a problem that quite clearly originates outside our borders.  Are you going to blame FGM on immigration law next?

• Like 1