Longhorns vs Boilermakers Series Thread

TrashMaster G

The only thing I can't figure out with Pierce is what he's doing with Bocchi. Bocchi is starting the midweek game but I thought he would have been in the weekend rotation. 

Maybe Pierce views him as the 4th starter type/spot bullpen guy come postseason play. There's a lot of value in those types if you can use them in different situations. 

35 minutes ago, Enfield said:

ULL, Purdue, and Rice are a combined 4-18. This leaves us at #240 in RPI at 6-2. 

I know now it doesn’t mean much, but need these teams to start fucking  winning. 

in the next 28 days, TEXAS plays SHSU, LSU, Stanford, Tech, arky and TCU. win over 50% of those and RPI will take care of itself.

9 minutes ago, tejas60 said:

in the next 28 days, TEXAS plays SHSU, LSU, Stanford, Tech, arky and TCU. win over 50% of those and RPI will take care of itself.

yup. go see the starts of teams we played early in the year last year (ULL, Northwestern, Lamar, UTSA and so on). It was nearly as bad as this year. 

The RPI/SOS will make a huge jump in the next few weeks. 

The other thing is I bet Purdue actually has a decent season in the Big 10. They probably won't make a regional or anything but they were in most of the games against Texas and Southern Miss (both top 25ish teams). 

Edited by texasstrong12

15 hours ago, ClubWhatever said:

They seemed pretty solid defensively and most of their pitchers threw strikes.  But they didn’t show much pop. I think will lose more than their fair share of low scoring games.  

Yeah they had just the 2 guys 3-4 in lineup and that was pretty much it. 

14 hours ago, texasstrong12 said:

yup. go see the starts of teams we played early in the year last year (ULL, Northwestern, Lamar, UTSA and so on). It was nearly as bad as this year. 

The RPI/SOS will make a huge jump in the next few weeks. 

The other thing is I bet Purdue actually has a decent season in the Big 10. They probably won't make a regional or anything but they were in most of the games against Texas and Southern Miss (both top 25ish teams). 

Our schedule is no joke