Game 27: Texas at OU, 11 AM, ESPNU

Machinator

36 minutes ago, Machinator said:

If you don't read the other basketball threads and have been living under a rock, Kerwin Roach has been suspended indefinitely. I'm guessing Febres will start in his place.

wait, i seriously missed that.  any idea the reasoning?

i'd say this is the biggest game of the season thus far.  win, and we're probably going dancing.  lose and its really hard to see them getting there.

Just now, Rockethorn1978 said:

If that was a charge on Hayes then the offensive player has no rights to charge, that guy was sliding and moving backwards and a weak as fuck charge call.

He has a reputation for picking up fouls, especially early, so anything close is going to go against him. 

Just now, Mo Horn said:

He has a reputation for picking up fouls, especially early, so anything close is going to go against him. 

Yea but still, once they changed the rule from “you have to be set” to “you can be moving just have to have your shoulders squared up to the offensive player” the rule has been way to much up to the official to interpret and there is a massive gray area. You can’t be moving to the side and backwards and be anywhere close to squared up or somewhat set. The bang bang plays gives all the advantage to the defensive player now.