Any good thermometer deals?

Gil Bang

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07GVGPLKP/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I picked this up on Amazon and have loved it so far.  The bluetooth signal is strong and since it uses a phone app you don't need a separate receiver.   Can't beat it for the money.

71D6uIZSIzL._SL1500_.jpg

Edited by Ten Bears

16 minutes ago, Ten Bears said:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07GVGPLKP/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I picked this up on Amazon and have loved it so far.  The bluetooth signal is strong and since it uses a phone app you don't need a separate receiver.   Can't beat it for the money.

71D6uIZSIzL._SL1500_.jpg

I picked up the 6 probe version from Amazon a couple years ago.  Worked fine the first few cooks, but I'm getting some erratic readings more and more often.

I wish Thermoworks would have have made a 4 probe version of the Smoke instead of the Signals.  I miss the handheld receiver.  I don't want to always look at my phone to see the temps.  It also seems a little buggy.  I had to power it off a couple of times the first time I made BBQ because it kept either switching probes around on the display or not reading them at all.  I've had my Smoke for a couple of years without an issue other than an air temp probe going bad and that happens.

Edited by kevwun

• 11 months later...

Anyone use a wireless meat thermometer like the Meater?  Saw a guy I watch on Youtube use it (Guga Foods) and it looks pretty slick.  Monitors internal as well as external temps and no wires.  Looks a lot easier than something like Signals, and a bit cheaper as well.  Or is there something better out there?  I will pay for quality, but the idea of getting rid of the wires is appealing to me.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07H8WTFHW/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=sousvideevery-20&camp=1789&creative=9325&linkCode=as2&creativeASIN=B07H8WTFHW&linkId=ea484062d5f01f621e6618f2c5ae6008#customerReviews

I know a guy with one, and we eat together often.  I fucking hate it.  It's really THICK, easily the size of a pencil, or even thicker.  I don't like poking 1/2" holes in whatever I'm cooking, but that's just me. 

I really like this guy, but he always goes for flashy shit. "it costs a fortune and comes in a cool box?  Sign me up"!

Motherfucker actually bought the yeti bucket.  Like a home depot orange bucket, but 10 times more expensive. 

• Like 1

If you rotisserie, a Meater or similar wireless is the only way you can track realtime IT. That said, many people in the FB Kamado Joe group had issues with Meater randomly losing connection and being very unreliable early on, I haven't followed enough to know if it's better now.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
On 2/5/2020 at 5:25 PM, Chewbacca said:

Anyone use a wireless meat thermometer like the Meater?  Saw a guy I watch on Youtube use it (Guga Foods) and it looks pretty slick.  Monitors internal as well as external temps and no wires.  Looks a lot easier than something like Signals, and a bit cheaper as well.  Or is there something better out there?  I will pay for quality, but the idea of getting rid of the wires is appealing to me.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07H8WTFHW/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=sousvideevery-20&camp=1789&creative=9325&linkCode=as2&creativeASIN=B07H8WTFHW&linkId=ea484062d5f01f621e6618f2c5ae6008#customerReviews

I’ve used the Meater twice now and I like it.  It is rather thick but it doesn’t bother me.  It’s been very accurate on the internal temp.  I also like the estimated time to target temp feature.  

I have that Thermapen Classic in what appears to be Tennessee Volunteer orange.  Whatever, it's a workhorse.  These days it doesn't always launch when I open it up but at this point I've more than gotten my money's worth out of it should it totally crap out.  Plus, it's ugly.

Edited by jimmyjazz

They had a Black Friday deal on the new Thermapen One for $69.  I'll post a link next time they have a 25-30% sale.

I didn't get one because my Thermapen M4 is still working great.  I have also been eyeing the Spark from Fireboard Labs.  It has the one second read like the TP One, but also has the ability to add a probe for remote temp (oven or grill).  It also would sync with my Fireboard Labs temp controller for remote access (although the app works fine for that).  I haven't been able to convince myself to pull the trigger, yet.  Probably need a Meater or a similar wireless probe before another regular thermometer.  I wish Fireboard would launch a wireless probe to use with it's system.

https://www.fireboard.com/shop/fireboard-spark/?gclid=Cj0KCQiAm5ycBhCXARIsAPldzoX7fDRAX5hnaxKrsOITLyqaw5er8uiRSveP9qeIokcipnJqTGhISHUaAk1ZEALw_wcB  

Edited by Jerry Callo

Lavatools also did 20% off sitewide for Black Friday. Their Javelin is every bit of Thermapen performance for much less cost - I have and use both frequently. (originally recommended by Champ on here or on previous board)

Crap, looking now it may have ended already.

• Hook 'Em 2

11 hours ago, Sam Lin said:

Lavatools also did 20% off sitewide for Black Friday. Their Javelin is every bit of Thermapen performance for much less cost - I have and use both frequently. (originally recommended by Champ on here or on previous board)

Crap, looking now it may have ended already.

Yep this is what I picked up on a sale last year. Still going strong 

On 2/23/2019 at 11:27 PM, Baboontyme said:

Anything Thermoworks. 

I've been pimping The Fireboard .  

I love it. Search it up, I've posted some of the features and the graphs. TW make amazing products but they don't have one as streamlined and as smooth as this yet imo. 

It looks like these are assembled in the US.  I might give it a try; I'm done with buying any electronics that are made in china

• 5 months later...

So my cheapo dual probe wireless bbq thermometer finally crapped out after about ten years.  It had a good run, but unlike some others upthread, I actually want one that ties to my phone, instead of a separate receiver unit.  I get tired of always having to wander back to the receiver and I always have my phone on me.

Looks like Thermoworks signals does that, but it's also a little... pricey.  Is there anything decent that's not quite so expensive?  I was going to recommend to the kids as a father's day present, but that's a little out of their price range.

I really only need 2 probes and I definitely want bluetooth/wifi connectivity thru a phone app.

I know, I know, stop being so cheap...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, utee94 said:

So my cheapo dual probe wireless bbq thermometer finally crapped out after about ten years.  It had a good run, but unlike some others upthread, I actually want one that ties to my phone, instead of a separate receiver unit.  I get tired of always having to wander back to the receiver and I always have my phone on me.

Looks like Thermoworks signals does that, but it's also a little... pricey.  Is there anything decent that's not quite so expensive?  I was going to recommend to the kids as a father's day present, but that's a little out of their price range.

I really only need 2 probes and I definitely want bluetooth/wifi connectivity thru a phone app.

It's all your money, anyway.  Have the kids kick in a bit and you handle the rest.  

Big fan of Thermoworks.  My standard digital folding thermometer blinks off now and again after well over a decade, you just gave me a great idea for a Father's Day gift.

• Hook 'Em 2

4 hours ago, utee94 said:

Thermoworks had a great deal on the Pop and the Dot a few weeks ago, you should set up a slickdeals alert.

https://slickdeals.net/f/16607111-thermoworks-thermopop-12-60-s-h-12-60?src=SiteSearch

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, utee94 said:

Check out the Fireboard thermometers.  I have the older version that I use on my kamado.  Comes with a great phone app and like six probes - on Thanksgiving I use it with a gas grill and the kamado at the same time.  I pair it with a BBQ Guru Pit Viper fan controller and it works great.  I have a ThermoWorks Thermapen that I use for quick checks.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, rage-a-holic said:

Thermoworks had a great deal on the Pop and the Dot a few weeks ago, you should set up a slickdeals alert.

I am getting notifications all the time on their sales.  Just sign up for their mailing list.

It is hard to go wrong with anything they are producing. 

• Like 1

On 5/13/2023 at 9:58 AM, utee94 said:

I have a Signals and I like the 4 probe Smoke better.  It's simpler and has a separate handheld display so you don't have to use your phone.  It gets annoying having to open your phone to check the temp all the time with the Signals.

• Hook 'Em 2

22 hours ago, kevwun said:

I have a Signals and I like the 4 probe Smoke better.  It's simpler and has a separate handheld display so you don't have to use your phone.  It gets annoying having to open your phone to check the temp all the time with the Signals.

Thanks.  But I actually WANT one that interfaces with my phone.  The one I've had for ten years has a separate receiver and it's mildly annoying to me because I have to walk into the room where the receiver is, in order to check it.  My phone on the other hand, I always have with me.  So for me, a product like Signals is more desirable.  Obviously diff'rent strokes for diff'rent folks.

23 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I like the idea of the iPhone interface, but I only need one channel.  Have any of you used the BlueDOT?  $69 is hard to beat.

I have one and it works great.  They run them on sale from time to time for like $45. 

Edited by DallasSooner
  • Hook 'Em 1

• 3 months later...

thats super good deal on the thermapen.  im inclined to buy a 2nd one..for no reason at all.

do have a small gripe that it does not have an easily accessible switch between C and F (even though the cheap thermopop does).  particularly useful for me because recipes i look at often flip between the 2 conventions

Email today from ThermoWorks:

For the past couple of years, while the industry has been increasing prices, we’ve held off on increasing the price of Thermapen® ONE. In fact, in September 2022, we lowered the price of Thermapen ONE to help fight inflation. But now rising costs are forcing us to raise the price a modest amount.

Effective October 12th, 2023, the price of Thermapen ONE will increase to $109.00.

Take advantage this month—before the increase—and order a Thermapen ONE in time for big holiday meals and Christmas gifts. In fact, we’re currently running a 30% off special on Thermapen ONE in Red, Yellow, and Orange.

• Hook 'Em 1

I've got a $17 ThermoPro that's magnetic so I can slap in on the side of my grill, is waterproof, reads within a second or two, and the screen will flip over so the display is never upside down

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07XXSYLL8

Would recommend if you just want something that is tough and works pretty good but doesn't have every feature

I have a Thermoworks Signals and a Thermapen.  Used to have a Smoke.  The Thermapen is great but the probes on the signals and smoke all suffer from the same issue as other similar products - the probe wires don’t hold up to my rock n roll lifestyle.  I keep buying them.   

If the Signals breaks  again I am going to try the Chris Young wireless one with the 8 separate sensors on one probe

https://combustion.inc Is the website. Here’s a  fairly annoying video where he shills it: