No Thread on UofH? Thats a damn shame.

Crusher

1 minute ago, ztejas said:

I don't know what you're getting negged for. They're having a phenomenal season. Got to see them up close a few weeks ago.

My brother came over about month ago. Big UofH guy and set my DVR to record what he thought was only one game but, my DVR has been recording them all. I was bored and hearing on some local sports talk shows that are doing pretty well I went back watched some of the games. They look pretty legit so far. Of course they ain't playing SEC SEC SEC teams but beating UConn and Cincinnati back to back perked up my ears.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Brian Fantana said:

I'll offset it with some posrep, I don't give a shit about UH but it's certainly not neg worthy.

Well thank you Sir. You are gentleman and a scholar.

Plenty other shit that I post is neg worthy over in the CR. So bop till you drop.

1 hour ago, Crusher said:

Cougs are 25-1 , #9 in the nation and can't get any love? Playing USF now on ESPN2. 11-2 start for the Cougs.

Could Phi Slamma Jamma be back?

Let’s go Coogs. Fucking love this team of theirs. The defense is incredible and Jurreau and Davis are so talented on offense. I hope they make the Final Four

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, Crusher said:

Man come on...Houston born and bred. Will always pull for the hometown homies!!!

This guy gets it. I will ALWAYS rep a team that has HOUSTON written on their chests. When I was growing up, it didn’t matter if you were a Horn or aggy, EVERYONE rooted for Phi Slamma Jamma if you’re from H-town. #Forthecity

Edited by Iconoclast Texan
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

UH-UCF starting up. Tacko Fall tallest player in Div I at 7ft6 for UCF. Coogs hosted College Gameday for the first time ever.

Channel? I honestly just found out how good they were today when the scores were scrolling at the bottom. Had no idea they had this record and were ranked top 10. I've always liked Houston Univ sports.

Edited by Vic Mackey

I was just a kid during the Phi Slama Jama years so my perception might be off but I don’t think the local buzz has ever been higher for UH basketball, yes even higher than the glory years. Fertitta Center has become the place to be seen in town.

On 2/23/2019 at 5:22 PM, Crusher said:

Man come on...Houston born and bred. Will always pull for the hometown homies!!!

Fuck that shit. I'm from Houston, and any time U of H does something of note, lifelong 2-year Cougar fan comes out of the woodwork chirping like they're a blue blood, specifically going after UT fans. They are aggy jr.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, TexasMan said:

Fuck that shit. I'm from Houston, and any time U of H does something of note, lifelong 2-year Cougar fan comes out of the woodwork chirping like they're a blue blood, specifically going after UT fans. They are aggy jr.

H-Town Aggys or Cougar High....

Edited by LTtxfan

2 minutes ago, TexasMan said:

You obviously were too young or weren’t in Houston during Phi Slama Jama. Everyone in town rooted for that team no matter if you were a Horn, aggy, techtard, etc

Just now, Iconoclast Texan said:

You obviously were too young or weren’t in Houston during Phi Slama Jama. Everyone in town rooted for that team no matter if you were a Horn, aggy, techtard, etc

Yes, I was a few months old when that happened.

You listen to sports talk here. Look what Matt Thomas is like on the radio when they do anything. He is the perfect example of what I'm talking about. 

Couldn't hit the 3-ball and were pretty poor from the line. And with that giant dude in the paint for UCF that made a long day for the Coogs.

Predicted to be 3 seed in tourney. With a 3 seed draw they should make a Sweet 16 run , maybe Elite 8? So all that new UofH gear will be worn a few more times.

4 minutes ago, Crusher said:

Couldn't hit the 3-ball and were pretty poor from the line. And with that giant dude in the paint for UCF that made a long day for the Coogs.

Predicted to be 3 seed in tourney. With a 3 seed draw they should make a Sweet 16 run , maybe Elite 8? So all that new UofH gear will be worn a few more times.

I’m sure you’ll look sharp in it ...

... in Houston. 

3 minutes ago, VirginiaLonghorn said:

I’m sure you’ll look sharp in it ...

... in Houston. 

Meh...If someone gave me UofH hat I would wear it. Don't think I will be going out to purchase one though.

Edited by Crusher

43 minutes ago, Crusher said:

32 or 16

1 hour ago, Beau Vine said:

If true,  that sounds like a *REALLY* shitty town.

Hmmm awful lot of empty seats yesterday. Sounds like a place you go to avoid being seen 

Edited by Js1