No Thread on UofH? Thats a damn shame.

Crusher

I’m going to break my Lenten fast from posting on Surly (main reason I’m an asshole on the CR) to give a major shout out to the Houston Cougars. This team has been an absolute joy to watch and one of my top 5 favorite teams, college or pro, from the city of Houston. Sole ownership of the American regular season championship. Corey Davis is my favorite player in all of college ball and he was incredible today. The Coogs proudly represented the name of the city on their jerseys all season long. They’ve been must see TV all year. Right the wrong of ‘83 and bring the NCAA title to Htown where it belongs. #FortheCity

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

I’m going to break my Lenten fast from posting on Surly (main reason I’m an asshole on the CR) to give a major shout out to the Houston Cougars. This team has been an absolute joy to watch and one of my top 5 favorite teams, college or pro, from the city of Houston. Sole ownership of the American regular season championship. Corey Davis is my favorite player in all of college ball and he was incredible today. The Coogs proudly represented the name of the city on their jerseys all season long. They’ve been must see TV all year. Right the wrong of ‘83 and bring the NCAA title to Htown where it belongs. #FortheCity

I've been quietly rooting for U of H's basketball team all year, but you're kidding yourself if you think a Natty is in the cards.

I only post anti-UH stuff as a joke, no need to toss around negs like a butthurt little girl.

Good luck in the dance.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, DeadArmadillo said:

Surprised at how hard he's working at UofH.  When his hiring was announced, I thought he was going to take the paycheck and just phone it in

He had something he loved taken away from him with the 5-year show cause. He had the intestinal fortitude to prove people wrong and rebuild his reputation. I’m not surprised in the least he has busted his ass at UH. He has a job for life there as both he and their fans know how good they have it with each other. His players have loved playing for him since his OU days. He is without question in the top 7-10 range of all college basketball coaches in the game right now. Hofheinz was a dump when he got there and they didn’t even have hot water at times for showers. 

Edited by Iconoclast Texan
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

7 minutes ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

He had something he loved taken away from him with the 5-year show cause. He had the intestinal fortitude to prove people wrong and rebuild his reputation. I’m not surprised in the least he has busted his ass at UH. He has a job for life there as both he and their fans know how good they have it with each other. His players have loved playing for him since his OU days. He is without question in the top 7-10 range of all college basketball coaches in the game right now. Hofheinz was a dump when he got there and they didn’t even have hot water at times for showers. 

What's incredible is he's building his program the right way. Taking guys from every where, transfers, JUCOs, the forgotten HS's and actually developing them into his system, while at the same time building depth over multiple classes so that graduation or NBA departures will not hurt the program.

Last year, they lost Rob Gray, VanBeck, and Davis to graduation, he replaces them with Davis Jr., Robinson, and Brady. Next year he will have Brooks, Hinton, Jarreau, and White leading the team. If he can start getting some 4 and 5 star talent, UH is going to be giant again in college basketball.

• Like 1

You aggys could be cheering for a UT-Houston if Cougar High hadn't had such a small peen:

“The University of Houston is pleased that UT is not expanding in Houston,” said UH System Board of Regents Chairman Tilman Fertitta. “This was a group effort by elected leaders, our board of regents, our administration and supporters to stand our ground against an unnecessary duplication of resources that didn’t align with the state’s plan for higher education.”

52 minutes ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

That was way too close for comfort at the end for the Coogs. Could have put the game away hitting a few free throws instead of missing 14

Some really shitty calls in the last 2 minutes against the Coogs, but you still got to make FTs. The charge call on Davis was fucking abysmal.

On 3/2/2019 at 4:40 PM, TexasMan said:

Fuck that shit. I'm from Houston, and any time U of H does something of note, lifelong 2-year Cougar fan comes out of the woodwork chirping like they're a blue blood, specifically going after UT fans. They are aggy jr.

Example:

• Like 2

Fuck UH and their dirty sooner coach. I hope their tourney dreams crumble faster than the dogshit stadium bleachers they tried to pass off on Texas fans.

Such a hater. I root for any team that’s from H-town that’s not playing my Horns. This UH team has been a lot of fun to watch. Drop the hate and enjoy watching Corey Davis and Dejon Jarreau play ball. The American is one of my favorite conferences to watch in football and basketball. Lots of big city schools that are easy to root for like UH, Temple, UCF and Memphis. Bring an American conference tourney championship back to H-town. Let’s go Coogs!

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

Such a hater. I root for any team that’s from H-town that’s not playing my Horns. This UH team has been a lot of fun to watch. Drop the hate and enjoy watching Corey Davis and Dejon Jarreau play ball. The American is one of my favorite conferences to watch in football and basketball. Lots of big city schools that are easy to root for like UH, Temple, UCF and Memphis. Bring an American conference tourney championship back to H-town. Let’s go Coogs!

It's fine to root just don't be an insufferable twat about it. That quote from TexasMan is spot on. It's so aggy it hurts.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

It's fine to root just don't be an insufferable twat about it. That quote from TexasMan is spot on. It's so aggy it hurts.

Rooting is all I've seen from the few folks on this thread who have been pulling for the Cougs. No one has talked any smack about the Horns. And you definitely won't hear it from me. I am a Horns fan first in all sports. 

Texasman had to go find some quote off twitter to prove a point that doesn't seem to exist on this thread. There has not been any posts like that here. Ironically the only shit talking going on here is from folks who are doing pretty much what they claim to hate Cougs fans for.

Anyway, as far as the game today, short of a miraculous comeback looks like Cougs are heading for their 3rd loss of the season. Good to get this turd sandwich of a shooting performance out of their system before the dance I guess.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Crusher said:

Rooting is all I've seen from the few folks on this thread who have been pulling for the Cougs. No one has talked any smack about the Horns. And you definitely won't hear it from me. I am a Horns fan first in all sports. 

Texasman had to go find some quote off twitter to prove a point that doesn't seem to exist on this thread. There has not been any posts like that here. Ironically the only shit talking going on here is from folks who are doing pretty much what they claim to hate Cougs fans for.

Anyway, as far as the game today, short of a miraculous comeback looks like Cougs are heading for their 3rd loss of the season. Good to get this turd sandwich of a shooting performance out of their system before the dance I guess.

Nah I don't think anyone on this board does it

6 hours ago, Brian Fantana said:

Yeah, I have never heard of a Texas fan talk shit about another team even though they aren't in the same conference. Ever...

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Crusher said:

They really played like shit after their 1st round game.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...