2018 Beer

HenryJames

Tried out Fullbrook Ale Works before the game tonight in BFE

Taplist

c3e5efff51fabd2c3c813e31d065e68c.jpg

Sign out front

97ac7d6182927ab9ec2f689532d158d7.jpg

Founded by 3 vets in the old Texian brewing spot. Extremely nice owners. The pale ale was not good, but everything else was at least average, if not better. Their NEIPA was great. Also tried an off-menu Balcones Single Malt BA Quad.

Overall, was expecting the worst, but left impressed. Very strong showing, especially for only being open just over 2 months

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where you calling BFE! Just down 359 from me. Been too long in making time to darken their doors.

They seem to be taking a lot more pride in their work than Texian ever did. Added a farmhouse - “Frag Out” that is delicious. I’ll be back a lot more.

Was at the Dynamo game on Saturday and noticed they've purged the beer selection of damn near everything I've got in the past. (Sierra Nevada Pale Ale, Warsteiner, etc). Ended up with a Guinness which was fine, but made the mistake of following it up with a Stella. I do not remember that beer tasting like water...but turns out it does.

16 hours ago, Buzzrock said:

That moment when you walk into your kitchen and see your sister in law drinking one of your three remaining Dogfish Head Worldwide Stouts, which isn’t sold in your state, as casually as if she was drinking a Mich Ultra...

No shit.  I hide the good beer when family is over.  Here's your Dos Equis, Shiner, etc.  Leave my good beer alone.

don't some of you kids love Sucks? You might wanna head over to Total Wine at Mueller. Also, cascade was basically half off. I picked up two. Manager rang me up at $5 EACH. Should have bought a case. Undoubtedly it was an error.

Edited by Bottlecap

On 5/6/2018 at 2:47 PM, Llano Estacado said:

Where you calling BFE! Just down 359 from me. Been too long in making time to darken their doors.

They seem to be taking a lot more pride in their work than Texian ever did. Added a farmhouse - “Frag Out” that is delicious. I’ll be back a lot more.

I live in Austin but I’m looking forward to this place. Maybe a mile from my in-laws house and could be a nice escape. I tried to give texian my money repeatedly but they were never open and had limited information online. Its like they weren’t at all interested in running a brewery. 

Good times this weekend in Fort Worth..Hit up Martin House for the SourFest which was a blast. Can't wait till they have the new bar open non-stop with 40 different taps, they are going to be doing a lot of experimental things. 

Next, dinner at Cane Rosso, cause love that place. and what better way to finish the day, then stop by Collective. Love the newest release, Doom Berry along with the Blueberry Lime Gose. 

As I walked in I noticed one of the Brewers from Community was working part-time there also.. So we chatted it up and then headed over to HopFusion. The infused beer of the night was Hairpin Pale ale with Pineapple and Mango. Wasn't really a fan of.. but enjoyed Sprocket and a couple others.. before riding the train home.

Went to the new Modern Times Brewery in Portland. They had 8 hazy IPAs on tap. Pretty sure I have seen Heaven. Also, they had a giant inflatable Macho Man Randy Savage blessing the beer.
Here is the Double Dry Hopped Orderville. dd86aa658378bb440958cc3b5f82b9e6.jpgf935102288154e18049f85b79026102f.jpg

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I was gifted a 4 pack of Yellow Rose.  Each bottle had a soapy taste too it.  I chalked it up to my bad taste buds and the consensus that bottled Yellow Rose isn’t as good. Loand behold they did have a recall!

Thats too bad. I hope they can get through it.  

Edited by A-Tex Devil

On 5/15/2018 at 2:25 PM, Nuge said:

Went to the new Modern Times Brewery in Portland. They had 8 hazy IPAs on tap. Pretty sure I have seen Heaven. Also, they had a giant inflatable Macho Man Randy Savage blessing the beer.

I'm going to the OG in San Diego in July. I'm excited.

• Like 1

On 5/15/2018 at 3:28 PM, Goo Punch said:

What is the preferred method for enjoying a Dogfish Head 120 minute IPA?

For me it was getting a sample at HEB.  I couldn't believe they were sampling such an expensive bottle of beer, but I sure wasn't going to buy one.

13 hours ago, CooterBrown said:

I'm going to the OG in San Diego in July. I'm excited.

I love the OG San Diego location.  Its one of my favorite breweries.  There are a number of great breweries in SD.

Try Mike Hess, Green Flash, Stone Brewing (Liberty Station location has a great patio), Ballast Point makes good beer but I found their brew pub to be a little too "bro-ish".

On ‎5‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 12:55 PM, msudawg said:

Good times this weekend in Fort Worth..Hit up Martin House for the SourFest which was a blast. Can't wait till they have the new bar open non-stop with 40 different taps, they are going to be doing a lot of experimental things. 

Next, dinner at Cane Rosso, cause love that place. and what better way to finish the day, then stop by Collective. Love the newest release, Doom Berry along with the Blueberry Lime Gose. 

As I walked in I noticed one of the Brewers from Community was working part-time there also.. So we chatted it up and then headed over to HopFusion. The infused beer of the night was Hairpin Pale ale with Pineapple and Mango. Wasn't really a fan of.. but enjoyed Sprocket and a couple others.. before riding the train home.

I love Collective. Their beers are a great mix of quality and interesting. I need to go there more often.