2018 Beer

HenryJames

Hi Sign needs the business and is great. Go there. 

Most of the breweries in town are kid friendly or at least tolerant. ABGB is great. Jester King is nice when it’s not 105. My kids like ABW because they have board games. Same with St. Elmo. 

Edited by 4th&Five
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Okie State said:

Maybe a Bottlecap question. What are the best breweries in Austin for someone with a wife, a five year old, and a one year old?

Brewtorium has a lot of room to run around, and it’s indoors. Austin Beerworks also has room enough to caper as does ABGB. But definitely hit Hi Sign.

• Like 1

ed80b7617f98875f05a432353d489d90.jpg

Odd13 is a newer Colorado brewery, and they make good stuff.

Clown shoes branding ripoff much?

No. You can take a crowler though. 

They usually have it in cans on site takeaway but heb also usually has it.

Maybe a Bottlecap question. What are the best breweries in Austin for someone with a wife, a five year old, and a one year old?

All of them? I regularly take a 7/5/2 yo group to abw.

21 hours ago, 4th&Five said:

Violet is already out. Got it at HEB yesterday. Finally trying Hi C and I dig. The construction has to be a bitch for biz. 

Stopped by yesterday and filled a growler of a WC style IPA called Lucifer something. Outstanding. These guys just don't make a bad beer, do they?

The bartender thanked us for coming in and mentioned that the construction was really hurting their business. He said Google maps had been giving people inaccurate directions and falsely reporting road closures. I don't know how google keeps up with that stuff but I imagine it can't be easy with all the construction.

Go support these guys, they deserve it.

Edit: talking about Hi-Sign in case that wasn't clear.

Edited by El Guapo
  • Like 1

On 8/17/2018 at 7:07 PM, Okie State said:

Oops. my bad. for future reference:

1 kid: all breweries except maybe blue owl

With more kids (i have three, kill me) I'd feel comfortable at: ABGB, Hi Sign, Jester King, Last Stand, Live Oak, Oasis, Oddwood (maybe, its kid friendly, but small), Pinthouse N/S, Skull Mechanix, Southern Heights, St Elmo, Family Business, Treaty Oak Brewery/Distillery (beer is terrible, cocktails tho), and Vista out past Salt Lick. I didn't miss any that I feel comfortable at, though your milage may vary. Vista is really my favorite pick w/r/t quality of beer, food, and overall experience. Live Oak is right up there too, but my kids are too wild for all that exposed rebar from ABIA construction. 

3 hours ago, HenryJames said:

Sourduck Market already has both Violet and Lucifer’s Fake News on tap, and I live two blocks away.

Sour Duck has been my new go-to. Whoever their buyer is, is on it.

• Like 1

I hope the legal changes in October in Oklahoma allow for kids in taprooms.  I live close to most of our taprooms and see no reason I can't let my kids play with the board games. I took my daughter recently to the food truck park and "beer garden" and she had a blast playing cornhole.  I wish people weren't so uptight about shit, and that people were more responsible to not ruin shit for the rest of us in perception.

I hope the legal changes in October in Oklahoma allow for kids in taprooms.  I live close to most of our taprooms and see no reason I can't let my kids play with the board games. I took my daughter recently to the food truck park and "beer garden" and she had a blast playing cornhole.  I wish people weren't so uptight about shit, and that people were more responsible to not ruin shit for the rest of us in perception.

I guess I didn't realize that wasn't a thing in Oklahoma since I've been down here for over six years now. A friend recently came down to Houston to visit and couldn't believe there were kids out at the places we went to grab some beers. He wants to bring the whole family back now to check out different places we didn't have time for.

What's the law up there in regards to that? Just certain places?