2018 Beer

HenryJames

16 hours ago, 4UT said:

Anyone had Lake Austin Ales Juicy (IPA and DIPA versions)?  It's been launching all over town.  I had a really bad IPA at Celis a few weeks ago named Juicy.  I hope this wasn't the same beer.

16 hours ago, patrickdrinksbeer said:

no idea if it was the same beer, but the Lake Austin stuff is definitely brewed at Celis.

LA is definitely brewed at Celis, but Celis also makes an IPA called Juicy (and several other shitty IPAs). Why? The world may never know. 

On 10/9/2018 at 3:02 PM, Llano Estacado said:

Beer nerds,

Headed to Charleston next weekend. Any SC or mid-Atlantic brews I need to sample?

Charleston has a pretty weak beer scene.  Lagunitas has a tap room there, but there's not much for local presence when the wife and I went a few years back.

On 10/9/2018 at 3:02 PM, Llano Estacado said:

Beer nerds,

Headed to Charleston next weekend. Any SC or mid-Atlantic brews I need to sample?

Edmund's Oast - brewpub in Charleston

Westbrook - brewery isn't in Charleston (Mt. Pleasant) but you should see it on tap a number of places. 

A bit of a crosspost from my recent Germany trip....

2c1e844b6008626c4821559075ffa4b8.jpg

One of the many liters of Oktoberfest beer

ea183dc94931d39987b922c47beeb4c3.jpg

A tasty dunkel from an abbey brewery in a small town in the alps

d04da5b8725acea99bd52b7d59d8d3d5.jpg

A colabier. Yes it’s wheat beer and cola. I tried it just to say I did and found myself enjoying it and several more throughout the trip.

What I confirmed on this trip, Germans know beer.

• Like 1

The owner and the head brewer from Live Oak went to Poland to collaborate on a Polish grodzisky  style beer.  They're also working to bring back some actual Polish hops to Austin, so far they've been using Czech hops to make the beer.  This is an interesting video short on their visit, put together by the Polish brewery.