"Unread Content" vs. Fluid View

On the desktop site, I am using "unread content" as a substitute for the old board's "what's new" (I think that's what it was called), that is, just to see what is current or hot.  However, I think it excludes threads that I have posted on.  I see how you can customize the feed there, but I don't see a way to include threads I have posted on (I see how it can be ONLY threads I have posted on).

I believe this is the same as "newspaper" view on mobile.  

Is there a way to get newly posted-on threads without excluding those I have posted on?

There is also the "fluid" view that may be doing what I want.  In fact, I think it does, but can anyone confirm?  And is "fluid view" available on mobile? Oh, I see that it is.

Looks like "fluid view" is what I want to use to replicate "what's new" on the old site?

TIA.

Edited by TwiceHorn

I see what you're talking about. If you click on Unread Content in Activity, it says

Unread Content 

• Showing all content I have not read and posted in for the last 365 days.

I hadn't noticed that ....

Edited by retread

• TwiceHorn changed the title to "Unread Content" vs. Fluid View

I am pretty sure fluid view is what I want.  When you choose it, you can refresh simply by clicking "forums."  I had just forgotten momentarily how to do it.

Of course, I never went into cloak room before using what's new on the old site, so there's pros and cons.

Okay, it looks like you get threads that you've posted in when you create a custom activity stream.

I like the Browse Forum section that you're talking about. If you look around, I think you can select only the forums that you want to show in the preview. Like this:

http://www.surlyhorns.com/board/index.php?forumId=17%2C3%2C5%2C4%2C9%2C10%2C12%2C20%2C15%2C16%2C18%2C2

Are you using default or black chrome theme?

Edited by retread

3 minutes ago, Longhorn94 said:

where is fluid view?

1.  Go to the home page.
2.  3 icons at the top right.  "Fluid View" is the rightmost icon.
3.  Then you get a list of all the most recent posts.  This is to me the equal of the old "New Posts".

I actually like this better because if you're in Fluid View can use it in conjunction with the Select Forum boxes on the right side and cull it.  What I like is that you can check > 1 of these boxes at a time, and say check the most recent posts of your favorite 3 forums.  This is something that to my knowledge the Old country didn't have.

• Like 1

Yeah I was having a brain cramp caused by changing browsers.  I had been defaulting to fluid view in Firefox and switched to Safari, where a cookie/site pref wasn't set.  I couldn't remember what I had done.

Fluid view is pretty cool with the ability to include/exclude forums.  Solves that cloak room problem if you are so inclined.