2019 Chicago Cubs Thread

shnsajax

47 minutes ago, shnsajax said:

Yep, saw that like 2 minutes after my post of course. 

Carl's Jr is gone too to the Padres. That might overshadow Greinke.

I hope Carl turns things around in SD. Seems like a good dude that just can't get his head straight. Just dirty when he is on. 

• Like 1

Quality start by Darvish -- had his customary first inning hiccup (dinger by Yelich) but then settled down.  When his control is on (8:0 K/BB), he can be very tough on hitters.

44k’s and 2bb since July 1st. Starting to remind me a little bit like Arrieta where his mechanics have to be perfect and if just slightly off he looses command.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 8/5/2019 at 7:35 PM, shnsajax said:

Javy! We could use a good two week stretch where he just carries the team on his back.

Happ also been solid.

And right as he seems to be heating up, Javy fouls one off his shin.  Hope he's okay.  Looked like the shinguard should have absorbed most of the energy and contact, but he definitely still felt it.

Nice to get some payback for yesterday's thrashing.  Happ has been power raking since he got called up. 

And right as he seems to be heating up, Javy fouls one off his shin.  Hope he's okay.  Looked like the shinguard should have absorbed most of the energy and contact, but he definitely still felt it.
Nice to get some payback for yesterday's thrashing.  Happ has been power raking since he got called up. 

Today was very much needed. Not just for the win, but the pen got the day off.

Already one of those road games. Take a quick 5-1 lead and Hamels gives it right back up. However Castellanos hits his second of the game for a 6-5 lead, in only the 4th inning. If we win this game we will have a winning road trip. Lose it and we won’t.

I missed it yesterday, but at this point Joe is full of shit of he thinks he'll be back next season, it's not all his fault, but then road woes are hilariously bad. Havent won a road series since May! That's on the manager. It's a culture. 

Last night confirmed for me what we all should have known for the last couple of months. They are going to make the playoffs and either lose in the Wild Card game or get destroyed in the Division Series. 

Just an absolute waste of a great core of young players. Will be interesting to see what changes they make the next year or so because next year is the end of the window I fear. 

The Cubs are not looking to Nico Hoerner as a savior for a season in the balance. The highly-touted shortstop prospect was not even the team's plans until 2020 at the earliest. That was before a series of setbacks necessitated an altered and expedited timeline.

MLB.com learned Monday morning that Hoerner -- the Cubs' No. 1-ranked prospect by MLB Pipeline -- will be promoted to the Major Leagues ahead of Chicago's series against the Padres in San Diego tonight. The surprising decision to summon the young shortstop comes with both Javier Baez and Addison Russell sidelined for the North Siders.

https://www.mlb.com/news/cubs-prospect-nico-hoerner-call-up?t=mlb-pipeline-coverage