Sam Houston St @ Texas, 6:30 on LHN

spystud13

5 minutes ago, Braff Zacklin said:

The underclassmen so far have been a pleasant surprise. Expectations for this season were low with Clemens and most of our starting pitching gone, and then losing Hamilton.

I would say the underclassmen bats have been a surprise but I don't think the arms are all that surprising. Everyone knew this FR class was loaded with arms and that guys like Elder would probably make a jump based on the stuff he had his FR year. 

I think expectations were probably too low when you look at the young arms. But we will find out more after these LSU and Stanford series. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Braff Zacklin said:

Question for the hard-core fans: how did the last two recruiting classes rate?

The underclassmen so far have been a pleasant surprise. Expectations for this season were low with Clemens and most of our starting pitching gone, and then losing Hamilton.

I believe this was our first top 25 class in several years. 

• Like 1

According to D1 Baseball, 2018 class was ranked 9, the previous two years not ranked. Perfect Game had us 7,  97 in 2017, and 35 in 2016.

I have just assumed that Pierce's recruiting is more balanced as pertains to defense and offense and has taken a couple of years of success to get off the ground. The rankings seem to confirm that.

Edited by TwiceHorn

25 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

So 3 each from ridgeway, O’Donnell, and the kid that gave up 4 to Purdue tomorrow?

is utsa any good?

1 minute ago, texasstrong12 said:

Nico only threw 8 pitches on Saturday. I bet the plan is for him to go 3 to 5 innings tomorrow. He started several midweek games last year. 

Meaney is starting

8 hours ago, randygilman said:

Kam is kind of a conundrum. He's a superb athlete, but may not be a better OF/hitter than the guys ahead of him. Think he's a fantastic 1-2 inning guy out of the bullpen, but OF time might be tough to come by this year. 

I wouldn’t mind him being our mid-week starter. I like what I saw from him last year on the mound. 

Edited by EZ$