7O's Television

Mach 1

Me and a buddy wasted time at work today sending each other old TV show clips, laughing our asses off.  We only scratched the surface so I thought a thread would bring out the good stuff.

I game him Mannix and he countered with "Dan August".  Never saw that show, only on one year, a rare Quinn Martin miss.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, retread said:

Columbo was part of the very popular Sunday Mystery Movie series. If you watched the video you see the shows that rotated thru the weekly timeslot. That started in 1971, but it wasn't the first time NBC used the rotating timeslot. In 1970 NBC's Four in One was an hourly series with McCloud, Night Gallery, The Psychiatrist and San Francisco International Airport swapping out in random rotation. In '71 they spun McCloud off to the new Sunday Mystery Movie series and Night Gallery got a regular series spot. The Psych and SFIA were cancelled.

It's a shame really. SFIA starred Lloyd Bridges as the airport manager always scrambling around solving problems and landing crippled aircraft. Perfect training for his role in Airplane. The pilot had Pernell Roberts instead of Bridges. He was so bad it was featured on an episode of MST3K.

Edited by RPM
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Kel Varnsen said:

I'd forgotten that Happy Days spun off this show. Also I had a major boner for Carol Wayne, who was on LAS a lot. Looking now, the face was a bit busted, but those titties to my adolescent self....wowza.

Image result for carol wayne

Better pic...guess she was older in the one above.

Image result for carol wayne

Edited by Nole-4-Life