7O's Television

Mach 1

7 hours ago, Nole-4-Life said:

I'd forgotten that Happy Days spun off this show. Also I had a major boner for Carol Wayne, who was on LAS a lot. Looking now, the face was a bit busted, but those titties to my adolescent self....wowza.

Image result for carol wayne

Better pic...guess she was older in the one above.

Image result for carol wayne

Happy Days was actually a spin off of American Graffiti, they just never admitted it. Lucas made American Graffiti, they got Ron Howard and some people to roughly approximate the other characters, did an episode of "Love, American Style," then ripped off American Graffiti. I've always suspected it was probably so they wouldn't have to pay Lucas royalties, but if you look at the first year, roller skating waitresses, cars hitting the strip, Winkler playing the John Milner character, yeah, it was American Graffiti.

BTW, Carol Wayne ended up dead in Mexico, supposedly by drowning. She was probably murdered. Very suspicious circumstances. 

• Like 1

Happy Days was actually a spin off of American Graffiti, they just never admitted it. Lucas made American Graffiti, they got Ron Howard and some people to roughly approximate the other characters, did an episode of "Love, American Style," then ripped off American Graffiti. I've always suspected it was probably so they wouldn't have to pay Lucas royalties, but if you look at the first year, roller skating waitresses, cars hitting the strip, Winkler playing the John Milner character, yeah, it was American Graffiti.
BTW, Carol Wayne ended up dead in Mexico, supposedly by drowning. She was probably murdered. Very suspicious circumstances. 

I had no idea of any of that. Thanks.

And RIP Carol and her hooters. Gonna have to research that tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Donny and Marie, Sonny and Cher, The Carrol Burnett show, The Smother Brothers Show. All the last gasps of an already allegedly dead vaudeville.  I watched em all sitting there with the grandparents chuckling away.

There were so many of those. Mac Davis had a show from 74-76. Shields & Yarnell.

Watched Carol Burnett every Saturday night. Parents loved it and so did we. Damn solid Saturday night -- 1974-75.

image.png

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Donny and Marie, Sonny and Cher, The Carrol Burnett show, The Smother Brothers Show. All the last gasps of an already allegedly dead vaudeville.  I watched em all sitting there with the grandparents chuckling away.

Carol Burnett had great dancers, who did several numbers every week. The dancers union worked out a deal that gave them rehearsal fees every time they were used in reruns, which is why they cut them out of the repackaged versions that were sold for reruns. It also marked the end (for the most part) of variety shows that did big dance numbers. I don't remember what they were called, but on the old Jackie Gleason show, they had the June Taylor Dancers.

4 hours ago, retread said:

There were so many of those. Mac Davis had a show from 74-76. Shields & Yarnell.

Watched Carol Burnett every Saturday night. Parents loved it and so did we. Damn solid Saturday night -- 1974-75.

image.png

The best part of the Mac Davis show is when he would take a phrase or subject from the audience and make up a song right there on the spot.

• Like 1

The Bob Newhart show is so incredibly underrated, really consistently funny and has a unique vibe of its own. I was recently delighted to see that a channel I didn't even know I had until a couple of weeks ago, FETV, is showing blocks of it regularly.

• Like 3

Man a lot of these bring back great memories. 

Columbo - my favorite.

Welcome Back Kotter

Chico and the Man

WKRP in Cincinnati 

Bob Newhart

Mary Tyler Moore

Hee Haw

Carol Burnet

All in the Family

Odd Couple

Love American Style

Love Boat

And of course the mini series:

Rich Man Poor Man

Shogun

Roots

My favorite Christmas movie, The Gathering

Edited by Brandywine

12 hours ago, UTCzech III said:

watched this every Saturday...

The weekly shows by NFL FIlms during the season, NFL Game Of The Week, and the Week In The NFL (or whatever it was called) were epic. The legendary John Facenda kickin' out the jams.